Threat Of Hackers

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Cannabliss88, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Hackers are hacking into everything these days so what if they hacked into your computer pretending to be you with an evil agenda to take you out or just ruin your reputation forever.

They can track where you are and take you out and make it look like a suicide.

Should we be keeping our opinions to ourselves (to a moderate extent at least) lest someone decides they don't like us and try to have us silenced, whether they be political opinions, issues of race, religion, sexual orientation etc

Of course hackers can do things on a global scale too which is an even bigger issue but I'm not even trying to open that can of worms today.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Back in high school some kid told me he was going to hack into my Myspace. lol

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wrote a haiku about hackers.....

Bending the system
    But you will never bend me
    go ahead and try

1 person likes this.
  4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

technically nothing is really being bent ... the computer thought it was okay and the computer is never wrong.

5. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I like it.

Go ahead and try

Waste your time trying to mess with a random alien

The internet is not vital to my survival anyway and I could always leave it altogether

It would actually be kinda funny for someone to be stupid enough to try and take me out

And pointless because I'm not even a threat to the corporatocracy. Unlike some people all I ever wished to do was go beyond it. You see other people talking about fighting the system...they are the ones who should be careful...the fbi is out there...the fbi wasting their time on a peace loving pacisfist like me...it would be funny

But the NSA is still out there...nobodies buying the bullshit
    Point is they are so inefficient they haven't even taken out Snowden and Snowden is crazy he must know that he is in great danger...he's either very brave or insane...probably both

6. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

The only crackers who really worry me are governments. The rest just bring me new clients.

1 person likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm not scared. Hacking seems cowardly in the highest regard.

8. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

It is. They are cowards. Probably conrol freaks to. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    I never bought that they stopped spying.
    Their trying to make the public forget
    What scares me more are the corporations and other nations and the rogue hackers.
    They have access to all of us thats not paranoai its a fact.
    But if they want to be assholes like that it will ultimately come back to them at some point.
    The laws of karma are nothing but cause and effect.
    When hackers keep hacking each other they will hack themselves to peices in a Great Hacking War or something. Haha [​IMG]

9. Moonglow181

I have nothing to hide, but I resent the invasion of privacy. That is fine. Now, I know....won't put anything in any email ever again i don't want the whole world to see....Won't upload photos in my photos anymore......etc.....
    I think it is a cheater's way, and sometimes I may say things knowing they are looking or listening...wanna play games...? OK, now I know. I can, too.

10. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I have nothing to hide but I see there is no hiding to begin with
    Any electronic device can be programmed to listen

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I could probably safely say, and I mean no disrespect, but the government and spy agencies probably have no interest in what pictures you upload and send via emails. :D

I won't believe that any of us personally, unless you someone completely different than you're telling us, holds and value worth being hacked over or for any reasons. I can't believe that. Though if someone is hacking me and spying on all I do then that motherfucker needs a high five for having to sift through all my bullshit. :D and they need a pay rise too, so give that mofo a pay rise you spying bastards.

12. Moonglow181

nothing of interest with me, either....I guarantee it. ;)

move along.

13. AceK

i think having a microphone is a pretty basic prerequisite for programming a device to record audio ... its hard to listen when you have no ears.

of course ive read about some pretty interesting techniques involving exploiting the acoustic properties of laser beams to "listen" to keystrokes typed and other such esoteric side channel attacks. i will admit, some of these things are fascinating from a theoretical perspective.

https://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/BARISANI/BHUSA09-Barisani-Keystrokes-SLIDES.pdf

14. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Yes but what doesn't have a microphone these days. Even if it shouldn't have a microphone it could.

At the end of the day, however, it isn't all that bad...YET. Just wait till the next google glass immitator takes of and comes out with contact lenses that identify you. You may laugh now but just wait.

Hopefully by then I'm either dead or living peacefully with likeminded people somewhere in the mountains far away from the cities of the corporatocracy

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Most hackers are out for themselves. If you do not have credit cards or something worth stealing they ignore you. If you are at the level a goverment hacker is coming after you to slander your name they can get you many other ways. That's why Snowden had to run to Russia, they dont want to hack him they will kill him if they find him.

You absolutely should not censor what you think or say because you are afraid of something like the NSA coming after you. That's a slippery slope.

1 person likes this.
  16. AceK

absolutely agree with the last paragraph: excercise your freedom of speech.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

more annoyance then threat. sometimes heroic champions of everything. the term is actually kind of ambiguous.

18. AceK

having your identity compromised would probably be slightly more than just a small annoyance. i would blame the company or institution that was responsible for letting my data be compromised and i really resent how so much personally identifying info is required for everything under the sun; its a lot less likely that a cracker would target an individual directly than to make a target of some institution known to be storing large caches of identity information on their "consumers" (ughh, that word makes me cringe)

19. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

crackers are threat, you could be charged with a saltine.