Transracial?

Discussion in 'People' started by Karen_J, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Rachel Dolezal's timing is interesting, essentially being "outed" for living a transracial lifestyle a short time after Bruce Jenner started a national and international debate about transgender. A lot of people are taking opposite positions on these similar issues, claiming that nobody should try to be different from the way they were born, no matter how they feel about themselves. Sound familiar? Yes, but... is it really the same?

Is transracial going to become a "thing" now?

2. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

The slippery slope argument is often a sound one.

1 person likes this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the woman in question is a horrible talker...in that she cannot string a logical sentence together if her life depended on it..the cnn interview was an absolute failure

her ineptness at explaining, legitamizig and apologizing to those offended is what is making her a laughing stock....not the fact that she wants to switch races

it is nothing like the jenner situation....mr jenner did not try and hide anything when he became miss jenner....he didn't lie to the media either

4. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Yup.

I've always felt I was an Afro-latino stuck in the body of a honky-peckerwood... :beatnik:

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm going to be white still. :)

6. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I'm not going to decide if I believe her until I see her dance.

2 people like this.
  7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I

4 people like this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    Im going on my next job interview as Wanda..

1 person likes this.
  9. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel Dolezal's situation makes some consider taking on a new racial identity.

I grew up with people who shunned those of their own racial group, and seemed to exhibit stereotypical behavior of another racial group.

I will never know whether they actually identified with the other racial group or not. If they did, now that a public figure has taken on a racial identity that she was not born with, they may consider doing that now.

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

She sucks at interviews. Like a politician, she repeats her standard talking points to everybody, no matter what the questions are.

The national conversation on this issue needs to expand beyond the one individual.

Have you noticed that a lot of comments on being transracial are exactly the same as things said last month about being transgender, with only one word changed? But not everybody is taking the same position on both issues. The irony is not lost on me.

When the far left jumps on every inclusive bandwagon without contemplating the consequences, that's where they leave me in the dust. What would this do to affirmative action programs?

I've never seen social change fall into such a chaotic state. It's been a crazy year.

...but there are transgender people who aren't open about it, so it is a fair point to discuss, in general. Should being open about your past be a moral and ethical requirement for being trans-anything?

I self-identify as a teddy bear. So, can I stop paying taxes now? :D

Like the Wiggers in the '90's? Can we still say that?

If that's the standard, I may be blacker than she is. ;) There's a limit to how white you can be when you grow up on as much Motown as I did.

I hope all the racial-ethnic lines will become a lot fuzzier. I don't see the benefit of all the sharp divisions. Why should I (or anyone else) suffer for having boring ancestors?

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Cut copy and paste, apply different name..

1 person likes this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This affects me how? If the girl wants to be black--fine with me. Man---the things the media runs with these days.

2 people like this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You can be whatever you want to be these days.

Except a nazi. Still frowned upon.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Us Juggalos got a raw deal too. =[

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

sometimes compassion cause one to consider if others are affected ....it isn't mandatory

16. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

A person should be able to be whatever they want to be, and express themselves however they want to. I think it's wise to be up front with the facts of who you are though.

That being said...

I'm really a white guy but...
    [​IMG]

I feel really good now, after the program.

I was being serious in my first paragraph, btw.

2 people like this.
  17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Only if you think it does. A lot of black activists are going to be pissed.

One of the cornerstones of American thinking (outside the South) has always been that you can decide what kind of person you want to be, and work to make it happen.

But... some of the wildest options do sometimes make my head explode. :bomb: Has there ever been a more confusing time to try to understand people?

The world needs to move on from some things. Be proud of BMW and Audi. :)

Ready to fuck me now? :D

1 person likes this.
  18. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

19. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

The dumbass in question. Skip the 8 minute mark for lulz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

3 people like this.