People Who Always Bring Friends

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Laci, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Laci

Laci Members

I am getting so irritated with a friend of mine. I'll invite them to hang out, and EVERY TIME they invite along an extra friend or two. It's not that I hate the other people, it's just that I like to hang out one-on-one sometimes.
    Today I invited them to the beach and of course they had to invite their annoying friends. Ugh.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I don't have that problem... Nobody ever comes here. The gate is locked, and it's quite a walk from the road to the house.

Oh! .... and I don't know anybody around here anyways.

3. Laci

Laci Members

I would LOVE that. I only hang out with about 3 people- I'm not a big people-person. But when I do hang out, I much prefer it as one-on-one time so that I can really have quality, individual time with them. But no, they always have to invite their friends along to everything we do lol.

4. beagles 'n' lox

beagles 'n' lox Typing Challened

When you invite them do you mention you want it to be just the 2 of you? Have you brought it up otherwise?

1 person likes this.
  5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

My best friend growing up ALWAYS did that. It used to drive me crazy. I'm not the kind of person who is always up for meeting new people. But, that's my problem, not hers, I guess.

6. Laci

Laci Members

I've brought it up before, but my friend is really social and I'm not. It ended up being fine yesterday at the beach, but I do start to feel like a third wheel.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. Most of the time I find it nice when my friends bring chill people with them. It helps me build my social circle up a bit. But there've been times when I've grown to dislike certain people, and the next thing I know my friend invites my enemy to hang out with us.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well at least at the beach they can't trash you house

Hotwater

9. Eerily

Eerily Members

If you made a commitment to drink coffee and later regret it, you may as well dilute it with lots of cream and sugar to make it tolerable.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They probably bring their friends becuase they dont want to be alone with you

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I might just be one of those people. >.> except I don't bring my friends it's just, well, if you want me you also get my miss and if you want her you also get me.

That's just how it works for us. :D

12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

edit: not funny enough to justify posting

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

sounds as if you are implying that Laci's friend doesn't really want to hang out with her so they bring other people along.

kind of a dickhead thing to imply.

14. Laci

Laci Members

I think I'm a fantastic person to be around, I think the issue is more-so that I'm more of a one-on-one person, whereas my friend is very social and grew up in a neighborhood full of kids, so they're used to hanging out in groups.

I'm kind of over it, aha.

15. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I think you probably hit the nail on the head with this post. Some people are not comfortable in small groups or one on one and need to have more people around them for them to feel social and interact.

16. Eerily

Eerily Members

If someone poured salt in their coffee and asked about why it tastes so terrible, how much of disfavor would one be doing to allow them to wallow in the knowledge that they can't tell salt from sugar? Would it be as bad as me pouring the salt myself, and if so, would you telling me so be as bad as you pouring salt in my coffee?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd lightly unscrew the salt shaker so when you put salt in a mug, it'll all fall in. That's how I'd play my next move.

18. Eerily

Eerily Members

And if I told you the metaphorical significance of that was lost on me in a way so completely that it led me to believe you had never made nor dealt with a metaphor before, would that be the metaphorical equivalent of doing exactly that?

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd be like metaphors?

20. Eerily

Eerily Members

I'd go with your other interpretation of my statement, and if there was no other, no plan B so to speak, then I'd say you're out of luck.