Is There Any Room For God In Modern Science?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jimbee68, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

There are plenty of books and accounts by thousands of people regarding Kundalini as a matter of fact, and Science still doesn't accept it. There's plenty of "money" already to be shown.

Actually, the top Scientists are akin to 3 guys in Washington because it is the Scientific paradigm that shapes our society, controls our money, controls culture, etc.

I've attempted to "show the money" also with Astrology only for you to chicken out on giving me the information that i asked for.

2. ChinaCatSunflower02

Then why would you assume that plants and animals have no knowledge of the evolutionary process?

3. ChinaCatSunflower02

If the awareness is fundamentally unknowable, then why assume that the evolutionary process is nothing more than selection pressure? First, you need to find unambiguous evidence, which can't be the case if the awareness is fundamentally unknowable.

I don't think there will be any deleting of my account any time soon, though i can see that that's what you wish for.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Who's assuming? They do, it's in our DNA.

5. ChinaCatSunflower02

Writer is assuming by saying that the trees and animals have no knowledge or awareness of their selection pressure, and neither does any higher operating consciousness.

6. AceK

I think what he's saying is that this process happens without any kind of intelligent mastermind behind the scenes planning the evolution of this process. It happens naturally, though every organism involved is a participant.

7. ChinaCatSunflower02

Unless there's unambiguous evidence that there is no mastermind behind the evolution, then one can't fully make that assumption.

Of course it happens naturally, but humans are unaccounted for their massive leaps in evolution from ape to human. There may be missing information as to why this is.

Meanwhile, there are publishing wars of what even gets to make it into the peer-review journals, and Kundalini is still not recognized by Science, as Kundalini would radically shift Science's view of evolution, which is why it is resisted. Kundalini is also in our DNA.

8. AceK

So just because something is unaccounted for, or the mechanism unknown we must invoke some supreme being to fill this gap?

Supposed you had never heard of electromagnetism nor seen a magnetic object attract or repel another. Let's also suppose you had never been exposed to the phenomena before and then come to observe this mysterious attraction between two inanimate objects composed of seemingly inert material. Would you call that a miracle? What exactly pushed these objects together as if by magic?

9. ChinaCatSunflower02

So just because Scientists don't actually know whether our evolution is mapped out in our DNA or not (Kundalini), they should just assume that it's Natural Selection?

10. AceK

Apply Occams razor. Give me some unambiguous evidence that unicorns or the bogie man don't actually exist.

11. ChinaCatSunflower02

There isn't unambiguous evidence, therefore one can't truly conclude that there aren't these beings in some realm of the infinite Cosmos

12. AceK

But it's safe to assume that they don't infact exist, correct?

13. ChinaCatSunflower02

Sure, it's "safe" to assume this, just as it's "safe" for a Church-going fundamentalist to assume that something such as the DMT experience could ever be possible.

The very problem and danger is that it's "safe" to assume anything regarding Science, such as Natural Selection. This is Science Dogma.

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Our system does not end at the atmosphere because the sun's energy powers the entire dynamo of life on the planet. Really the only thing that comes out of the earth "on its own" is the earths magnetic field, which is driven by circling molten metal heated by pressure. All other energy on this planet arrives here firstly from the sun, and all life begins with chlorophyll, the engine that turns sun, CO2 and H2O into sugar and oxygen.

There are thousands of people who can attest to you that Sathya Sai Baba was god incarnate and could perform miracles in front of thousands of eyewitnesses.

There are MILLIONS of people who claim psychic powers, something that is actually testable; every single one in history has been exposed as at worst a fraud and charlatan and at best seriously deluded about their own capabilities.

There are BILLIONS of people who believe, with all their heart, that you, Chinacat, will be broiled alive for eternity because you do not recognize the supremacy of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad.

Tell me how Kundalini is any different from these? Tell me how shall we test it?

Because selection pressure accounts for it 100%. That is, it becomes unnecessary to posit further actors. Doing so complicates things, and goes against Occam's Razor.

Why stop at assuming that there is a higher power guiding evolution? Why not assume that the higher power is Thor, and He is guiding us towards a very Hammerful future? What principle of thought shall you use to steer clear of such nonsense?

We needn't posit that for which we have no evidence and which has no explanatory power. This is a foundational axiom of the scientific method.

If you decide "evolution must be guided by a higher power, because i don't understand evolution", then you now have invoked something infinitely more complex than evolution, a Mind which has created the universe and is guiding a process so complex you do not understand the basics of that process. How then have you helped your situation by invoking such a Mind which you aren't even near to scratching the surface of?

Unless there's unambiguous evidence that there is no teacup orbiting the sun between the orbits of earth and mars, then one can't fully make that assumption.

We are still struggling to account for the nature of gravity. That doesn't mean gravity doesn't exist. Science is not a closed book; it is not a religion. It is an ongoing process. What we don't know today, and ascribe to supernatural powers, we will be shown to be fools tomorrow, as all others have been in the past.

If you honestly hold the key to debunking evolution then I would like you to please PM me all the relevant information and I promise that when I become an international sensation, invited onto Oprah, given the Nobel prize, and given the most lucrative book and movie deals in the world, I promise I will give you 30% of the profits. I swear this to you on my mother and father and sister's lives. I swear this to you on my health, my sanity, and my life. I swear this to you on anything you would ask me to swear. I will give you anything you want as collateral, all my possessions, and all the possessions of my friends and family whom I will show your proofs.

Please stop posting in this thread and make me the most famous person in the history of civilization.

Natural Selection is not assumed. It is a proven fact, as proven as any fact can ever be. Please China, please for the love of god, educate yourself. Somehow I feel you have slid backwards since even the embarassing fiasco of your previous threads. How is it possible, I don't know, but please take the time to learn about something other than magick and kundalini and astrology, three things you've devoted your life to and can produce 0 evidence for nor even partially explain.

Please just start with the very fundamentals of science and evolution. If you are going to attack the greatest theory science has ever produced, at least respect yourself and the people involved to learn what you're arguing against.

A video for beginners like this is MANDATORY knowledge to engage in any debate like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SCjhI86grU

15. ChinaCatSunflower02

16. AceK

No, this is flawed reasoning. No one is simply "assuming" that natural selection is one of the principle mechanisms behind the evolution of living organisms simply because there is a lack of evidence for God. We have quite a great deal of evidence to support natural selection, and evolution itself which makes it a very strong theory in science. On the other hand, in the case of something such as the bogie man, or unicorns or any other make believe nonsense there is an astouding lack of evidence, which if we discount the evidence that is the lack of evidence it would still be safe to assume that they do not in fact exist.

1 person likes this.
  17. ChinaCatSunflower02

"Tell me how Kundalini is any different from these? Tell me how shall we test it?"

By running some tests on people who claim to be experiencing these things and symptoms. By finding Scientists who are actually open-minded and don't lump Kundalini in with religion.

"Because selection pressure accounts for it 100%. That is, it becomes unnecessary to posit further actors. Doing so complicates things, and goes against Occam's Razor."

So because we don't want to complicate things, therefore, we should just state that selection pressure accounts for it 100%? You already said that the awareness of plants and animals is unknowable, so why are you still stating this as fact?

Seems pretty irresponsible of a "Scientist" to not question things, and just state something is true because it complicates things to do otherwise. Doesn't sound like the spirit of a true scientist to me.

Why stop at assuming that there is a higher power guiding evolution? Why not assume that the higher power is Thor, and He is guiding us towards a very Hammerful future? What principle of thought shall you use to steer clear of such nonsense?

How do you know that there isn't a being named Thor out there in the infinite cosmos?

We needn't posit that for which we have no evidence and which has no explanatory power. This is a foundational axiom of the scientific method.

If you decide "evolution must be guided by a higher power, because i don't understand evolution", then you now have invoked something infinitely more complex than evolution, a Mind which has created the universe and is guiding a process so complex you do not understand the basics of that process. How then have you helped your situation by invoking such a Mind which you aren't even near to scratching the surface of?

I suggest that you read the Self Aware Universe by Amit Goswami. What if there was a Cosmic Mind that was so complex that i could never understand the basics? Just because it's not convenient, therefore it should be discarded?

Unless there's unambiguous evidence that there is no teacup orbiting the sun between the orbits of earth and mars, then one can't fully make that assumption.

correct.

We are still struggling to account for the nature of gravity. That doesn't mean gravity doesn't exist. Science is not a closed book; it is not a religion. It is an ongoing process. What we don't know today, and ascribe to supernatural powers, we will be shown to be fools tomorrow, as all others have been in the past.

"Magick is the Science of the Future" -Colin Wilson

Why should anything Scientific discard anything Supernatural? THAT is Science Dogma. Until Science can start to try to link itself up with the Supernatural, then we will remain in a limited perspective.

If you honestly hold the key to debunking evolution then I would like you to please PM me all the relevant information and I promise that when I become an international sensation, invited onto Oprah, given the Nobel prize, and given the most lucrative book and movie deals in the world, I promise I will give you 30% of the profits. I swear this to you on my mother and father and sister's lives. I swear this to you on my health, my sanity, and my life. I swear this to you on anything you would ask me to swear. I will give you anything you want as collateral, all my possessions, and all the possessions of my friends and family whom I will show your proofs.

as soon as I find Scientists that are open to studying Kundalini, I will PM you. Actually, no I won't, because that's pretty lame for you to even hypothetically take 70 percent for yourself when I'm the one with the proof.

And I'm not trying to debunk evolution as much as I'm trying to expand on our perspective of it.

Please stop posting in this thread and make me the most famous person in the history of civilization.

I'm not going to go away just because it's convenient for you, Taurus.

18. ChinaCatSunflower02

There's also a lack of any evidence of Fairies and other Elementals as well in our normal everyday world, and then there's the DMT experience where there's quite a lot of evidence for them. Remember, we are talking about the INFINITE COSMOS.

"The Universe isn't stranger than we suppose, the Universe is stranger than we CAN suppose." -Terence Mckenna

19. ChinaCatSunflower02

Natural Selection is a perspective. But if Kundalini were recognized, so would there be the realization that evolution is already mapped out, and takes the form of natural selection. Every step of the way is another step of evolution, but what if it were suddenly realized that every step is a domino, and that these dominos are already mapped out on a trajectory? That would completely change our perspective of Natural Selection. It wouldn't disprove it, it would expand upon it. Kundalini is the key to this Scientific realization.

Magick I choose not to share my details about for various reasons that aren't important to you, therefore i will not explain them. Kundalini I could tell you all about and your Taurus stubborness would still throw me into the kooky realms. Astrology I have attempted to show you evidence but you choose to not give me the info, and then yet attack me for not giving you info about my personal life.

20. ChinaCatSunflower02