Psychedelics And The Universe Study?!

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by wannaknow, Jun 9, 2015.

1. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

i wonder if there is anybody using the psychedelics 'tool' to reach some knowledge of the universe ?
    use your brain at the max because in my opinion it can be a interesting question with a wide range...

2. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Yes. Absolutely, my friend.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes I believe that sort of knowladge is one of the benefits of psychedelics. You can find examples of people who came up with amazing things while using psychedelics. The Structure of DNA was discovered while on LSD for example. Music and art have also been influenced as well as science. So many of the things we would consider to be require better skill or thinking, have been accomplished tripping.

Yes these people all already had more "talent" whatever you want to call it that already made them excel in that field. A psychedelic is not a magic potion for everyone to dunk like Lebron James and think like Einstein. But if those sort of people take them It can be of great benefit. But even the common man can have their own breakthroughs in their own life.

4. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

we perceive reality with our 5 senses... trips unlock our filters to feel reality in other levels... i wonder whats reality..

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep, taking copious amounts of drugs is a realistic study tool for the aspiring scientist. :unsure: seems logical to me. But no really it does.

Heh. You know a good 70% of scientific theory wasn't imagined by a sober person. Motherfucker gotta be fucked up on some shit for most of it.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Your question is rather vague...

I doubt anyone is using psychedelic in hopes to discover the planets orbiting Alpha Centauri but they are being used to help individuals in various manners and promoting different understandings of reality.

The problem is most of these plants and chemicals are criminalized in many parts of the world, so I doubt many would risk using them in a formal professional setting.

John Lilly was a prodigious Ketamine user and he invented flotation tanks, also believed that humans can communicate with dolphins, which has not been realized yet, however some research points to Dolphins actually chirping ,clicking, etc. In a way that could actually be considered syntactical language.

Terrence Mckenna a big proponent of DMT, Mushrooms and most naturally occurring psychedelics, proposed Humans evolved higher cognitive functioning with the aid of magic mushrooms. Within the past few years, magic mushrooms have been shown to produce new neuronal connections in the brain. A tenuous link to Mckenna's "Stoned Ape Theory" but in my estimation a supporting one nonetheless.

Rick Doblin founded (MAPS) Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies after experiences with MDMA at a time when the drug was legal, foreseeing that research would be prevented on the drug when it was scheduled. This is currently one of the leading organizations doing studies with psychedelics, running the gamut from ayahuasca, LSD to Ibogaine and primarily for therapeutic effects at this point, although I have seen interviews with Doblin where he suggested when/if drug laws loosen that he would like to explore other avenues psychedelics can be utilized as well. Earlier this year, the DEA approved clinical studies for MDMA being used for end of life anxiety in terminial illness.

It would be interesting to see if psychedelics applied to a field like physics yields some interesting results. Perhaps new ways of looking at significant problems, for instance the disconnect there is currently between the Standard Model of Particle Physics and General Relativity may yield some novel solutions.

7. wannaknow

wannaknow Member

when i say universe i dont mean only the physic... as i said we perceive the universe with our 5 senses, with psychedelics we have a litle perception that all reality isnt just about what our eyes can see... my english isnt good i know and its harder when the subject is so complex. i took acid 3/4 times and i felt a diferent perception on time and space. felt like the universe was a single 'machine' and i was only a small piece in it... something i heard: is our brain getting reality or creating it?

8. Violet141

Violet141 Members

Ooooh....i would say yes, they work, but not all the time and they aren't easy. Plus, as everyone has pointed out, very ethically debatable. I personally think that casting a love spell on someone who doesn't love you is manipulation, and very controlling and selfish, and i feel that part of my responsibility as a pagan is to look out for others and treat everyone with respect and not to use my power to gain control over a person. Honestly, if i were you, i would steer well clear.