San Andreas

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Shale, May 29, 2015.

1. Shale

Shale ~

San Andreas
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    May 29, 2015

This was my main movie to see this weekend and I watched the 2009 Action Adventure movie "2012" getting ready for it. That too started in California with total destruction as huge sections slid into the Pacific Ocean.

This movie was only liked by half the aggregate reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes, but that is because they have to be critical. I Do Not!

It is what it is, an Action Adventure movie with great CGI portrayal of a major natural catastrophe. Story? Well, they did center this around one family that we have to really hope gets thru this life threatening moment as MILLIONS of other ppl are being killed all along the San Andreas Fault in California. (Sort of like in "2012," come to think of it).

The action starts with a normal rescue by Chief Ray Gaines (Dwayne Johnson) of a motorist whose car went over a cliff and is hanging on a ledge about to slip away. There are actually tense moments created here.

We later learn that Ray is getting divorced from his wife Emma (Carla Gugino) who is living with another man, rich developer Daniel Riddick (Ioan Gruffudd). He isn't taking it well but is cordial for his daughter Blake (Alexandra Daddario).

Switch from L.A. to Cal Tech in Pasadena where seismologist Lawrence (Paul Giamatti) is studying how to predict earthquakes. He and crew run off to Nevada to check some anomalies and end up on the Hoover Dam right when a big earthquake destroys it. (CGI Scene in Trailers). But he gets his data and now knows how to tell ppl in Cali that The Big One is coming.

Meanwhile, back in L.A. the first of the big ones comes and pretty much levels the city while Ray is on the fone to his wife. He goes in his chopper to rescue her - more tense moments as the whole world is falling apart around her.

Ray & Emma Escape First Earthquake
    [​IMG]

Now they are both concerned about their daughter Blake who is in San Francisco with Emma's boyfriend Daniel. Blake is waiting for Daniel to do business at his hi-rise office when she meets a nervous young man Ben Taylor (Hugo Johnstone-Burt) an architect trying to get a job with the company. He is later joined by his younger brother Ollie (Art Parkinson) who is the more outgoing and sort of gets Blake and Ben talking. Then the big one hits and Action Adventure starts again.

Ray and Emma are heading to SF in a helicopter, then a stolen truck that gets stuck when they encounter a gorge along the San Andreas Fault.

San Andreas Fault Line
    [​IMG]

Next they find a small plane to continue their trek to SF about the time that the Tsunami hits the Bay Area.

Tsunami Hits the Golden Gate Bridge
    [​IMG]

More Action Adventure as our three young protagonists fight to survive in a crumbling hi-rise city while millions die around them. (Tho we see very few actual bodies).

Ollie, Blake & Ben Still Hanging In There
    [​IMG]

Well, that's all I'm sayin'. You can see the movie to find out who makes it out alive in this Action Adventure Summer Popcorn Cruncher. There was a whole class of young teen kids in the theater today for this PG-13 movie. They talked a lot but the loud soundtrack drowned them out. They seemed to be having a good time with it, as was I. Take your kid to see it.

2. Shale

Shale ~

Part of writing my movie blurbs is finding 4 pix to illustrate it. I go on an image search for pix that will fit well on forum boards, not too big like the wallpaper sizes and not too small like thumbnails. 640X480 pixels is good.

This movie had some clearly misleading fotos out there. I wanted to use this nice one of Chief Ray Gaines in his rescue helicopter looking at the damage in L.A. where he worked. Then I looked closer and saw it was San Francisco crumbling. He did not have the helicopter or his rescue helmet when he got to SF. Fony Pic.

Overview from Helicopter in San Fran (Not In Movie)
    [​IMG]

This other one showed up quite a bit on my search, showing the whole shelf of the West Coast slipping into the Pacific. It is very familiar - it is from the movie "2012."

This scene did not take place in "San Andreas."

San Andreas or 2012
    [​IMG]

San Andreas or 2012
    [​IMG]

3. Rosaly

Rosaly Members

Oh, this movie is great! I liked everything about it, it's well filmed, very beautiful landscapes, and a happy end, that is always important for me)

1 person likes this.
  4. everdeenkatniss257

everdeenkatniss257 Members

Movie was really great. Dwayne Johnson plays a roll of Raymond Gaines. He give his best perfomance for ever. I was fan of Dwayne Johnson. I was watched many movies cast by Dwayne Johnson.