Are You Satisfied With Your Current Cellphone Provider?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by abarambling, May 27, 2015.

1. abarambling

abarambling Banned

What issues have you encountered with your cellphone provider?
    Is it hard for you to gain, lose, or maintain respect with your cellphone provider?
    Or have you never had issues?
    What have people said about your current cellphone provider?

You can also provide your cellphone number, but it's not required because I know some people are sensitive disclosing such informstion.

I'll answer these questions, if my thread doesn't die a lonely, pathetic death. No worries, I'll be fair.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Now why in the fuck would you be asking for peoples cell phone number?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ill bite.....
    (412) 621-1885

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I couldnt be more satisfied: I DONT HAVE ONE AND DONT WANT 1 :D

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Tmobile SUCKS

The coverage is very small. I've done roadtrips across country, and there's very few places where cell service exists. Even fucking NYC doesn't work with Tmobile. or Even in Washington where the headquarters are. Drops calls all the time

And don't get me started on customer service. The second an option comes out for data plan phones with 0 service. I will be up on that immediately. Think about how outdated phone companies are.. We can use satelitte to brodcast any message or audio already, we don't need phone companies anymore, and they know it.

6. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

I'm with a regional carrier out of Wyoming and have no complaints at all. Unlimited everything for $75/month. I don't know how well their nationwide peering works because I don't get out much these days, but for what I ask the service is adequate and trouble-free.

I live where none of the majors want my business, but I don't want their service anyway. The folks I'm with are doing a fine job, and with nothing like the horror stories I've heard about the majors.

7. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Dear Sleepy Cat,

I haven't had a cellphone in years, but a few months ago I wanted one. So, I got one and I, too have T-Mobile.

The guy that helped me told me that T-Mobile doesn't have good coverage, but that it's the cheapest price of all the providers. And that T-Mobile is an up and comer, so sooner or later they will have more coverage.

So far so good. The only issue I had was getting a number for the cellphone. So, an hour or so visit to BestBuy to get a cellphone turned into like a four hour visit, due to not having a number to transfer to the cellphone I was getting. By the way, I didn't have a number because of not having a cellphone for so long. I also ran into a higher than expected cellphone bill, but I called T-Mobile and they took care of it, as in waived it and now it's back to what I was expecting it to be. Lastly, I get calls and texts from strangers. But, nothing a simple, "Wrong number, sorry" can't fix.

When I travel, I normally leave my cellphone at home. Well, I did when I had a cellphone years ago, so I'm not too worried about T-Mobile not having good coverage in other areas, because I won't have my cellphone in the first place. And if I do, it's mostly going to be to listen to music. If I really need to get a hold of someone, I'll just ask someone to use their cellphone or go to an establishment where using their phones is okay, like a hotel.

I think it will all work out, but I am a Newbie T-Mobile Costumer, so our relationship is still in the honeymoon stage. They might screw me over later on. I don't expect anything less.

((((EDIT)))))

Sorry, I got providers mixed up. I have T-Mobile, not Sprint.

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Dear Theprodu,

Because I want to call them and see if the call drops or not. You know, to see if they have a good cellphone provider.

I thought it was fairly obvious.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I use Verizon.

10. Gongshaman

You are a presumptuous shit aren't you

11. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm not sure why you would ask me that nor how to answer it.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I get service in bum fuck Egypt but I pay way too much for it.

i use like 20 minutes of talk time a month, send maybe 40 texts, the only time i use 4g is during my lunch break at work. Whenever I'm home and on my phone its using my wifi.

so i would really love to find a plan that offers different data options for a low price, instead of unlimited everything for $90. I don't need unlimited anything.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

Back when phones like the blackberry first come to the market. I worked for a cellular phone company testing the phones. Many different providers, locally Sprint was the best when inside the core of skyscrapers.. We looked like idiots with a little table set up inside the elevators and stairwells. People would often ask us "what are you doing?"/ Id be sitting there watching dvd on my laptop with 4/5 phones on a table riding the elevators.. I should of stayed with the company.. But I dont know what it would be like today, was some 10yrs ago.

my current provide is tmobile /40$ and I used my phone a lot.. sometimes it says data reached limit. I enable wifi..

14. Gongshaman

It's rhetorical, no need to answer

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Maybe try a Pay-As-You-Go phone. ???

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My son pays for my phone so I am more than satisfied.

17. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I haven't had the cellphone for long, but I have noticed that I do use it a lot for the Internet, especially now since my laptop decided to break down on me. I guess I use it somewhat for texting and less for calling. I think I'm a typical consumer. Of course, there is the music. Not so much Internet Radio, but music I have installed on the cellphone. Overall, I'm still wary of the device and my provider, but I like it.

18. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Why ask it if there is no answer?

19. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i have verizon right now, with an ancient plan where i get unlimited verizon calls, 250 texts (plenty, but not unlimited) and no data. if i try to upgrade my busted, duct-taped phone, they'll try to get me to upgrade my plan. as it is now, it costs like $40 per month, so i'm not trying to pay more.

anyways, i'm thinking (for quite a while now) about switching to republic wireless. they use the sprint cellular network, but they make calls and texts by default through the internet, using sprint's network as a 2nd option. so you can get unlimited calls and texts for $10 per month, after you buy a $150 phone. sprint coverage is not as good as verizon though

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'm very satisfied that I don't have a cellphone provider... Just sayin'

1 person likes this.