Not As Much Of A Mind Fuck...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by guerillabedlam, May 14, 2015.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The whole vibe of this forum has changed for me since it's been retitled "Mind Games" from it's prior inception of "Mind Fuck".

Part of the time, when scrolling down the forums page I get a brief momentary confusion with Forum games but aside from that, I find it interesting how changing one word to the title shifts my whole outlook as to what to expect from the content of these threads.

I can kind of understand changing the nomenclature...

But Man, 'Mind Fuck' has such a better quality ring to it, it's got like a mysterious vibe about it. Mind Fuck is like what I associate with ineffable psychedelic experiences, learning things that makes the jaw drop, pushing past the comfort boundaries of the mind.

Mind Games sounds more like crossword puzzles or unstable flings.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

haha... I noticed this when I read your thread on the active post page. I was wondering was this a game or something else? .. Mind Fuck does have a better ring to it.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i didn't realize the change had been made either. and i agree, the new title creates a completely different impression, which i would not consider to be a positive change.

it kind of reminds me of that "brain games" show on tv, where they show really obvious and well known optical illusions and then say "haha, we totally tricked you! there's no way your little brain could wrap itself around this simple illusion that everyone over age 4 has already seen and figured out for themselves!"

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

might i humbly suggest 'messing with your mind' a some sort of compromise, or just plain making something like the origeonally intended idea.
    at least messing with your mind was how i understood the term mind fuck, when i furst encountered it back in the day.

which also though, i never quite understood the subtle, if extant, distinction, between mind fuck, and pure bull, and why these were two seperate forums.

1 person likes this.
  5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Reminds me of John Lennon's song.

I agree though, mind fuck has a totally different quality to it.