Dpa Report Finds 'policing For Profit' Gone Wild

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, May 9, 2015.

1. DdC

DdC Member

Government theft still going strong dwr

This article is nothing new to us, but it’s a story that needs to be continually circulated so the rest of the population starts getting a little bit more pissed off about it.

DEA to traveler: Thanks, I’ll take that cash

All the money – $16,000 in cash – that Joseph Rivers said he had saved and relatives had given him to launch his dream in Hollywood is gone, seized during his trip out West not by thieves but by Drug Enforcement Administration agents during a stop at the Amtrak train station in Albuquerque. […]

Agencies like the DEA can confiscate money or property if they have a hunch, a suspicion, a notion that maybe, possibly, perhaps the items are connected with narcotics. Or something else illegal.

Or maybe the fact that the person holding a bunch of cash is a young black man is good enough.

I have hopes that Joseph will get his money back eventually – a good samaritan at the station helped him get home and contacted attorneys and the press about this situation.

This continued rampant theft by government agency cannot be allowed to go on. As the article notes, New Mexico has recently passed a law prohibiting this kind of thing, but that wouldn’t stop the DEA from continuing to steal money even in New Mexico.

And at some point, we have to put the DEA on some kind of watch list – you know, like a terrorist group watch list – where simply being a member of the DEA results in travel restrictions and possible arrest and trial for the world-wide destruction caused by this rogue agency.

Grassley clashes with police association over controversial asset seizures

In a statement, Fraternal Order of Police president Chuck Canterbury said the proposal would deprive local and state departments of “hundreds of millions” in funding needed to fight crime and terror. Grassley dismissed the statement, saying civil-asset forfeiture laws have created a “perverse incentive” for police to cut corners and seize cash and property without clear evidence of a crime.

Grassley dismissed the statement, saying civil-asset forfeiture laws have created a “perverse incentive” for police to cut corners and seize cash and property without clear evidence of a crime.
    [​IMG]

Above the Law: 04/29/2015
    New DPA Report Finds 'Policing for Profit' Gone Wild

Loretta Lynch: “Civil forfeiture is a very important tool.”

How Police Confiscation Is Destroying America.

Police seize property and cash in questionable raids

Money Grubbing Dung Worriers
    * Corruption is never stopped by blue lines of silence…
    * Ending D.E.A.th & Pillage Incrementally
    * Forfeiture $quads

the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
    Drug mishandling may have tainted 40,000 cases
    [​IMG]

Forfeiture Endangers American Rights Foundation
    What is Forfeiture and why do we FEAR it?
    What to do when your property has been seized by police
    State Forfeiture
    Asset forfeiture
    Victim Support

Americans for Forfeiture Reform

[​IMG]

AU: Drug Searches: Thousands Falsely ID'd by Sniffer Dogs
    Tens of thousands of people are being subjected to "intrusive and humiliating'' unjustified police searches. Data obtained by the NSW Greens shows the sheer scale of drug dog searches across the state - with the majority of searches not finding drugs.

"But perhaps even more concerning is the panicked overdose," he said, when people take all their drugs when fearing an imminent search.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

This is one of the reasons I will not step foot inside US borders unless I have to.

3. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i live in florida, i think as long as im not a drug king pin i should be good.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Welcome back Ddc...

5. DdC

DdC Member

Florida was pretty accessible in the late 70's and 80's, in Central FL of all places. Glad to hear it wasn't trashed by J.E.B. and Fire Marshall Bill.

"Marijuana leads to homosexuality ...
    and therefore to AIDS."

~ Carlton Turner
    Reagan drug czar
    Drug Free Florida

Yikes! Attack Of The Killer Fungus Is A Moldy Plan

Jeb Bush Fungus/Life of a Drug Lord

Gov. Rick Scott, Solantic and conflict of interest: What's the deal?

[​IMG]