Are We Living In A Hologram? Scientists Prove Theory

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Dude111, May 5, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3057957

Holography is a science but we keep being told scientists have got it all wrong and are not to be trusted. Seems like they are trying to keep the truth from us!

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Holography is a theory. I have heard it before.....
    Do you think our universe is flat?
    a mirror of something else?
    Will Alice need to go through the looking glass to find out?

3. Dude111

I dont think any of us can 100% explain anything!!!

Who knows if this is true,could be!!

2 people like this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

only the shadow knows for sure,.....

1 person likes this.
  5. Dude111

We live in a projection of our own thoughts remember!!

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

If I was a hologram then why am I ageing? Why do I bleed when I get cut? How can I feel things?

Maybe it's because I'm in a computer simulation..

I first heard of this on talk radio a few weeks ago. Because of this thread I did a search on the subject just now.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AqzHiqwMM18F3WWnc1yLj9ubvZx4?fr=yfp-t-901-s&toggle=1&fp=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=we%20live%20in%20a%20computer%20simulation

I read the NYTimes article.

Hard as it is for me to believe, I'm still fascinated by the idea.

When mega brained scientists/mathematicians can't explain the universe and start talking about this kind of stuff, all I can say is WOW!

7. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

I mean it would be similar to a video game. NPCs and players are restrained by coding, similar to how the laws of physics apply to us and so on.
    With that being said, are there "players"? or is this just full of "NPCs"? :alien:

8. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

I firmly believe that we are indeed living in a hologram where everything you see around you is just an illusion. It seems real enough doesn't it but in reality it is just subatomic particles vibrating at different frequencies resulting in the physical manifestation you see around you. It's quite possible that if we didn't exist then none of what you see now would exist either, our thoughts impact on what you experience in this so called reality.

2 people like this.
  9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If everything you "see" is an illusion, how can you ascertain that reality is subatomic particles?

10. Backchat

Backchat Supporter HipForums Supporter

This will be the second time I will be typing this because somehow I inadvertently touched the wrong keyboard button and lost everything.

Yes I agree with you science tells us that subatomic particles exist but they could be an illusion to of course. Additionally our life experience could also be an illusion just as we experience each other here on HF, the interaction between different members and learning from each other as we go along. By being here on HF we are learning many things about ourselves and others on here who are prepared not only to post in the forum but also relate personal experiences to other members. There seems to be a reason to this vast illusion to, I'm here for a reason and the same is for you to, so this grand illusion is not something of pure chance, it has meaning in the life we all experience.

11. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

The Sun is needed to complete the Hologram theory (as the light to display through the Hologram) and our eyes are the measuring mechanism to decode the particle vibration. In other words, viewing particles transforms then from a wave pattern.

Easiest way to understand is by thinking about how the TV and antenna work. Radio signals are waves, the antenna receives them and the tv measures them to create the picture. Simplistic and crude but gives an idea on how it works.

I believe we are all vibration and what we 'see' is influenced by our thoughts because what we 'see', we decode. The image we 'see' is actually a picture decoded and projected from our brains. Not actually a true picture in the sense of the term.

Leonard Susskind from Stanford is the man to look up when it comes to anything on the Holographic Universe

3 people like this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

What if I told you...

2 people like this.
  13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The things you are mentioning here as necessity such as The Sun, eyes, and brains are all 3 Dimensional objects. This seems to be contrary to what the Holographic Principle in the article linked from the op is suggesting.

That article, from what I can tell, suggests ALL 3 dimensional objects are projected from a flattened 2 dimensional universe which contains information in "flattened strings".

So it wouldn't make sense to suggest a 3 Dimensional object such as the sun would be needed to complete the Holographic Theory any more or less than it would be to say the brain is needed to complete the Holographic Theory, or the eyes, which at some points seems like it becomes unintelligible to talk about 3D universe as an "illusion".

14. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

I get what you are saying. The eyes, sun and brain i used to paint an easier picture but in actually, I was speaking as the wave itself. IMO, the sun is the generator. A plasmic ball of energy.
    The photons emitted from the sun are brighter waves, which reflect of other ' dull colored waves', much like the dust in you bedroom in the morning when the sun shines through. You never noticed them before but with the reflection from the rays, you see them.
    This reflection bounces of and picked up by the particles that make up our eyes.Which then focuses, to great detail, to give us the 'reality' we see or rather believe we see. We perceive to 'think we can touch everything but in reality, we are just energy flowing and as we look down at ourselves, we are just focusing on the reflections from the light itself
    not matter in the classical sense.
    Reality is an illusion. Holograph or wave. I tend to agree on both but with a mixture of the two.

On another note, as far as conscious goes and we are in fact waves of energy, then we should look at the Neutrino particle as the source of conscious. The Neutrino is a matterless by product of an Atom that has undergone fission. It is there, but not. Fascinating stuff.

Again who really knows. We could also be an antimatter form. The complete opposite of each one of us, operating right next to us, on the infinite wave of energy.

Then we could all come from the ape. But that is to boring :D

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Coming to conclusions in science based on entertainment value or what appears interesting is very problematic and dangerous. I think this is the type of thinking which shows like Ancient Aliens and Megladon: Shark Week capitalize on. Hopefully most serious mainstream scientists don't think this way.

However it does seem that Quantum Mechanics has kind of shot itself in the foot in a sense(at least in our lifetimes) because from my understanding, albeit limited, pretty much all currently formulated GUT's and TOE rely on hypothesis which cannot be validated beyond formulas with current technologies and the fact that there are several different paradigms, doesn't really lend to a conclusive view.

16. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

Sounds interesting but I doubt it's true. However, as others have said, we don't know everything for sure so it could be a possibility.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. :rofl:

18. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Considering those shows are just reaching and made for fun. You have to see I was actually have a laugh at the Evolution remark.

As far as the antimatter comment. Antimatter is the opposite of 'normal' matter. The stuff we 'see' everyday. So in with the definition, there could possibly be a total opposite charged ( + or - ) GB and xenxan, quoting each other but on a different site, in regards to another topic.

It is just fascinating thought; what are we? Evolutionary or Binary?

19. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

20. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...