Hardest Game Ever!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dude111, May 4, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's still not harder than contra.

i only gave it a couple minutes, but i never got past 13 seconds and some change.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Hehe 13 is g00d!!

4. hotasphaltblisteredsoles

hotasphaltblisteredsoles  

NES Blaster Master, no pause grenade cheats. Even harder without a rapid fire controller and just using the stock NES controller. I never finished it past stage 4. Someone who did finish it used the pause grenade cheats on the bosses that allowed them. Three continues, but continue starts at the beginning of the stage, not from where the last turn was lost. No savegames using passwords.

5. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

I got to the end boss once on blastermaster,, not sure if I used the pause cheats or not, I was like 15 or so at the time,, I didn't have any continues left when I got to him either, I remember thinking I almost beat him on one of those lives btw,, but alas I lost,, ill tell you he's tough lol

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i beat friday the 13th for nes once :D

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Dark Souls is pretty damn hard, It's the hardest game I've played in a long time, although I don't have the time to devote to playing video games like I used to as well.

8. Pokemaster

Pokemaster Members

Super Hexagon is pretty hard.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Did you finish it?

Isn't two at least as hard? Dark Souls 2 still on my (seriously to get) wishlist :D

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ha no, I have been working a lot the past couple weeks but even if I wasn't, I doubt Id have beat it by now.

11. Asmodean

I am sure I would have to get real used to a game of this difficulty again before I manage to get any where far into it :p No game I played in the last few years comes near Dark souls in that regard I think...

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

of course just breezing through a game is no fun but the one thing that is less fun....doing the same thing over and over and over because you cant or don't know how to pass that area. right now there is eat lead and farcry that had spots that I just gave up on. both were decent games otherwise well eat lead was funny anyway. so I may go back to them. but I am not a fan of dark souls or mega man caliber games. running from the cops with 4 stars on gta is about the hardest I prefer my games to be.

13. Asmodean

Never heard of Eat lead, or know what Mega man exactly is. Dark souls has always appealed to me and I will get 2. Maybe I won't finish it but I do wanna have a go at this legendary game.

Depends (for me). Although I can't deny that gets frustrating if it happens too often in a game.... but It depends if there's a good reason why that happens. Is the action difficult because it is chaotic or the controls are unpolished or is it so because it is well balanced yet very challenging. Do we have to look up the solution on the internet because it made no sense or because the way to get further is obscured in a very clever way that we need to think out of the box for (or just look for in other places, like a key from one level fits in the door in three levels later for example).

I understand one of the frustrating things about Dark souls (2) is that when you get slaughtered (once again) you lose valuable stuff. You can't save anywhere so you're always stressing when you got some good loot/upgrade points of how to get to a save point before I die again :p