Baltimore Riots

Discussion in 'People' started by AstralBear, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't understand why so many protesters are violating the curfew tonight and getting arrested. I thought they would be happy, and maybe lighten up a little. They got everything they wanted today, at least for the moment. The curfew only lasts for seven hours every night (10-5), and everybody has to sleep sometime.

I know everything in Baltimore hasn't been fixed yet, but isn't 17 hours a day enough time to protest?

2. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

I think they feel that if they let up, the world will forget. With good reason too. Many times the public has been made aware of brutality and possible corruption...and then just forgotten about it. They figure if they're keeping the cameras on them, people wont forget.

Those that are being less calculated are just looking for some camera time I thinks. Or protesting the curfew which is admirable but it kind of defeats its own purpose.

Either way I agree with what you're saying in that they need to show that they can do things peacefully.

3. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Actually it's stupid to think that you could kill someone with van breaks. I think your intuition of physics is seriously flawed.

There were other people in custody in that van, who said they heard him thrashing around as if he was trying to hurt himself. They later were put on camera and reverted to their no snitch nature, saying they heard "only a little banging"

The same way the Mike Brown witnesses were trying to play down the fact that Mike Brown was running at the officer. If you're super smart and observant, you can actually see the lie forming in their facial contortions. It's really transparent to some of us.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This is a psyop. Feel free to takes sides. I'm not.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

No snitch culture is a result of necessity...

Ok I admit these people have limited options, being at an intellectual defecit. You can't beat people until they get better. They had to tackle Freddie Grey though right?

Do you think heroin laws should be repealed, changed, or ignored? Assume for a moment that Freddie Grey was trying to injure himself in order to be eligible for a huge lumpsum payment, he was a dirt poor heroin dealer after all, how much worse could he make his life? In that case, where his injuries were self inflicted, what did the officers do with malicious intent?

6. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Yeah......

:bobby: :afro:

you right

7. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Rat do you agree that the quickest route to a legit police state is people going full planet of the apes on the streets?

There are few scenarios that would cause the majority of the country to accept or even request such measures. This is one of them. A bunch of violent retards attacking people in public.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It gives credence to a police state, but it also serves as a convenient practice run for martial law. It's not going to end here in Baltimore, either. There are going to be more incidents, and more riots in more cities down the road. The media will do their ongoing part by formulating people's opinions while pushing a race agenda aimed at polarizing, all the while ignoring the fact that this is a psychological operation to keep us all divided as we descend further into tyranny. These riots were planned, and the government wants them and needs them to further their own police state agenda. It's no coincidence that all of the sudden there is one incident after another involving the police and black men getting the kind of sensational media coverage these events have been receiving over the past several months, while government front organizations like "Black Lives Matter" (linked to George Soros) and government provocateurs like Al Sharpton do their part to stir up shit.

9. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

So look, there are several groups here whom we might try to convince of the truth.

A. The government / media (the intractable perpetrators)
    B. The violent rioters (probably won't listen to a single thing a white person says)
    C. Those excusing rioters (totally brainwashed through media to think white people are the worst, brown people constantly oppressed)

It feels like to come together, C must be brought down to B's level. You are only as strong as your weakest link. A social group is always relegated to rising only as high as their lowest common denominator. B simply doesn't have the brain power to use reason and logic to their full effects, so what are our options here?

Thus far it is white people in New York marching with brown people, everyone shouting "hands up, don't shoot!", perpetuating the lie. It's as if they are biting the bullet, gritting their teeth and adopting the herd mentality, the group think. They're abandoning critical thinking to fit in with the people who aren't capabable of critical thinking. That can't be an answer, can it?

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It was mostly white people last night, who maybe planned in advance an act of civil disobedience for Friday night because they didn't have to work on Saturday. The timing looked strange. None of them had a good answer prepared when Don Lemon shoved a microphone in their face and asked why they were doing this. It made them look clueless.

If the peaceful protesters want to push for specific police reforms, they need to be clear about what they want. Otherwise, their time is not well spent. The trials in this case won't take place for weeks, probably not even in the month of May. Surely they don't plan to be out there every night until then.

Late night protests are nearly worthless in every case. Public officials are paying maximum attention during first shift hours. They are on the job, and marches are more disruptive to commerce during that time. Protest marches play to a maximum national TV audience during second shift, when first shift workers are at home, but not asleep. Third shift (east coast) news ends up as nothing more than a 30 second summary on the Today Show, except in the Pacific time zone.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You are still a great disappointment, neanderthal. You appear to be young and it's a shame that you don't understand the history of the blacks in this country. Those of us that can SEE the racism in this country were hoping the young would help to end it. You've spent your time on the forums discussing and holding the position that blacks are born as criminals, are stupid, are beyond caring about because --well-- that's just the way they are and why do we spend ANY time worrying about such hopeless people. You and people that hold the opinions you do, will hopefully disappear from the American social scene. Even if you were ABSOLUTELY correct about black people---how do you propose they be treated then?
    Restricted to cages, as in a zoo? Relegated to certain areas that confine them so that folks like you wouldn't have to see them? Again--if you are absolutely correct--wouldn't/shouldn't that engender a sense of wanting to help them to "better themselves?" You know-compassion)(well, of course they'd still be black, soooooo---forget that.) Frankly, I feel sorry for those that spend as much time as you do, trying to bring blacks down so that you can feel better about yourself.

Read post 5, please.

4 people like this.
  12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He hates blacks that much? Is he neo nazi? Pretty sad.....
    i have not really been following what he says, so i didn't know....

13. scratcho

Seems so. It's about his only topic. Go back and look at some of his first posts. He's always very busy explaining WHY he doesn't like them because they are inferior.

14. Moonglow181

Inferior? That is sad.....no, they are not.....
    I will stand here and fight for them if I have to.
    that is bull shit.

15. scratcho

Fails to take into account the weeding out of any blacks that tried to educate themselves back in slave days. Fails to realize the complete demoralization of a group of humans being used as human machinery that cannot heal with the constant racism that abides even NOW. Fails to realize the restoration of blacks to at least human status WAS AND IS still not happening. Fails to realize that the KKK and constant harassment and murder of blacks that just want a fair shake went on until very recently. (oh-they're still around.) Fails to realize MANY, MANY, MANY whites in the south (and elsewhere) hate them because --. I could go on --but you get the idea.

oooooooo--they're BLACK! Damn shame that some waste so much time on hurtful and degrading behavior.

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

I had those same thoughts, Scratcho.....

I am glad you spoke them....

1 person likes this.
  17. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yeah, but we can't let this thread become all about Mr. N and what he thinks. The larger issues are so much more important, in the grand scheme of things.

When we have black officers charged with murdering a black suspect, it's about police brutality and the disgusting police culture of feeling accountable to no one. And, it's about despair and hopelessness in places where an ordinary job is harder to come by than a winning lottery ticket.

1 person likes this.
  18. Moonglow181

I always said the cops will get away with every shitty thing they do.....as they are on the right side of the law.....which is pretty untouchable.

19. scratcho

(to 57)You're right. Just a little difficult for ol'Joel-boy to ignore sometimes.

20. Moonglow181

but if we don't fight these prejudices and injustices on a small scale...how can one even tackle them on a larger scale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.