Do You Function Using More Of Your Left Or The Right Side Of Your Brain?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Justin_Hale, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3178

Studies on patients with brain damage have allowed scientists to determine how each side of the brain controls different functions. The left hemisphere, for example, specializes in language skills and logic. The right hemisphere allows us to recognize shapes and faces and express and read. Most people are not likely to be strictly left-brain or right-brained - we use each side of our brain depending on the task we're dealing with. However, some theorists and researchers believe that there may be one side of the brain that we draw on more, which can in turn make the personality traits characteristic of that side of the brain to be more dominant than others.

How to read your results: If you score closer to the right side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically right-brain. If you score closer to the left side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically left-brain. If you score somewhere in the middle, you share characteristics of both sides of the brain.

I scored a 54, whoo-hoo! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My brain is in tiptop shape as I rarely use it.

4 people like this.
  3. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Umm...I failed the test.

I got a 54 too.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I don't function at all anymore...

Stupid test..... 79

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i sort of have both sides kind of cross wired. i tend to look at what are called left brain things, in a right brain way, and those that are called right brain things in a left brain way.
    sort of the reverse of anything human, apparently, i guess. it not something i do consciously either. its how i was born. possibly as a result of my previous lives on somewhat saner worlds.

(silly test, the questions are way outside of how i live and experience living. i'm also disappointed that they are, but i guess that's life)

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would tell you how i did, but i checked the box saying that i would take the test for personal use only, and sharing it seems rather unpersonal.

is it really cheaper to have a suit custom made than to buy one off the rack? i would have guessed the opposite.

7. Tyrsonswood

That would depend on who is making the suit....

8. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I hope you're using both...

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I scored a 54, I guess that makes sense. I've always been really creative and really logical.

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I quit a few questions in. I suppose that says something about me right there. What I do know is that I cannot listen to a phone call with my right ear. Just cannot--feels weird. Has to be the left ear.

Afterthought= Questions posed on these things are never ones that I can relate to. I think I'm too independent or something. If the questions were open ended and just they asked a simple question without pre-given answers, I would participate. I kind of do what I want, when I want, say what I want when I want. I suppose I don't want to consider STOCK questions as anything that I would answer. Oh well.

No one is innocent=repo man.

11. Pengu

Pengu Members

In your head, it's the left hemisphere that rules the right to run your life. Your world runs like clockwork - perfectly organized and systematic, with everything done on time. A messy room or misplaced paperwork? Not in your left-sided world! You're likely a conscientious and meticulous individual who is almost always well-prepared for everything and anything.

Complex problems or difficult decisions are handled with ease and expertise: you break things down, analyze them step by step, and come to a well-informed and thought-out conclusion. You are extremely comfortable expressing yourself verbally, and likely prefer taking a theoretical rather than practical approach to understanding the world around you. Being ruled by emotion or impulses is not in your nature - no matter what you do, it's always "think first, act later". Although this may indicate that you're not much of a risk-taker extraordinaire, it does imply that you can be trusted to always have a "Plan B" and to be ready for whatever obstacles come your way.

While some people may have difficulty making sense of this fast-paced, topsy-turvy world, your logical and rational nature helps you put everything into perspective. Life's "big picture" is important, but it's the little things that matter most to you. No matter how complex your life gets, you always manage to figure things out and set them right again.

That's what mine was.
    That's pretty interesting. This is very similar to me, I find :)
    But, I'm very much in tune with my creative side too. It's huge in my personality so, I'm not do sure this is extremely true but, it was a fun test :)

1 person likes this.
  12. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

46 ... almost right in the middle. It said I have perfect harmony. Ive taken professional aptitude tests that are better than that test, though the results were similar but more detailed. I can often come up with creative solutions to technical problems, which require both hemispheres.

The question about the kitchen gadget i had trouble answering because it really depends on the situation as to what I'd do. With the kitchen gadget realistically I'd probably just try to figure it out, but I answered with read the instructions anyway ... because thats what I would do with something totally new that i have no clue about as the question stated. With a new electronic component or software tool, i definitely go straight to reading the datasheet/manual whatever. Seriously though, some stuff has horrible instructions like some furniture comes with instructions with just a bunch of crappy pictures ... some times its not even correct! I hate instructions like that so usually I'll try to get away with not using them. I'd actually much rather read some highly technical documentation than that garbage.

13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

perfect harmony here, too.....in the middle somewhere....forget the number...but remember the perfect harmony phrase for my test results.

the kitchen gadget one...I never have the patience to thoroughly read any manual...but I skim through them quickly and then test drvie always with any manual....and keep test driving until i get it right....

14. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

like i said, it depends on what it is ... some things are unlikely to ever get right if you dont read the manual. a kitchen gadget is going to be pretty obvious about whether your using it correctly because you can directly see and interact with it. other things, like software or integrated circuits arent this way, theres no obvious way to tell how it functions by looking at it from the outside ... its essentially a black box. in these cases you need the documentation that describes its functions and how its intended to be used.

15. Moonglow181

and it's like I said

don't have the tolerance for it here

that is your aptitude...not mine...i will go to any section I am having trouble with. I cannot read an entire manual like a novel and remember it all

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I got the same exact description as the op but a 46.

This stuff is fun to do but really it's pop psychology stuff. Both sides of the brain are usually functioning in most activities and the distinction of brain lateralization is often made out to be more significant than it really is in science. Science studies have suggested that some people (children in particular) who experience brain damage in a specific hemisphere, may not exhibit as much cognitive or physical impairment as one would expect with the given damage to the brain area. Some of the leading theories on this is that the plasticity of the brain can allow the other hemisphere to pick up some of the slack in functioning.

17. Moonglow181

If we all get the same result.....how accurate is it? I know I am more of one side of the brain than the other.....the other side lacks patience..... :D

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Scored a 42

Hotwater

19. Tyrsonswood

The question about getting a bunch of projects done for your boss... The "tell your boss to fuck off and do it himself" answer was missing.

I should have quit right then

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i scored a 404

web page unavailable

1 person likes this.
Tags: