Time To Evolve Yet?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by AstralBear, Apr 22, 2015.

1. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

I look at the world and I am reminded that we’re still in the dark ages. Humanity loves war, sex, and money and has since the beginning of time. By now, we should be existing in a period of time that is only interested in truth, discovery, and advancement. War should be a thing of the past, money should be obsolete, and sex should be view as either a reproductive function or a spiritual tool. We all have our differences, but at the root of all things, we all share the same spark of life that allows our hearts to continue to beat. If the majority of people recognized this, then we all could be one. War, money, and carnality have never brought oneness, and they never will. If there is a gospel to preach, it is that the old ways of serfdom by militarized draconian rule and carnality need to die along with the influence and reign of the parasitic propagators.

2 people like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Nobody seems to get this... It's out of their frame of reference.

Probably because there's no "app for that"

1 person likes this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm with you except for the carnality.

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

and it feels like things just get worse and worse forevermore.....

I am not in agreement with the sex . I think it can be an expression of the love two people feel for each other as well....but just for the hedonist act alone, i agree with you....not for me, either.
    but it is the least of it...Money,. power and greed continue to be in charge.

1 person likes this.
  5. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

Very true.

Sex as an expression of love between to people is a spiritual tool.

6. Moonglow181

ok, good, astral...then we agree.... ;)

7. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power...

2 people like this.
  8. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Nobody loves war except psychopaths.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Which explains a large segment of humanity

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to think the collective consciousness of mankind was evolving. Now, after some years of reflection, I think we're all just going in circles. Every generation and every era seems to have humans who want to advance and humans who want to retreat into a dark age.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I was thinking something similar today, just the fact that we hear of terrorists and stabbings, shootings, and all this barbaric shit.

Why does humanity make it so difficult to trust in ones self?

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Evolution suggests to me that humanity will never be "one" as in all on the same mental wavelength and what not. I think we consistently may unconsciously reach 'out'('in' will suffice as well) to push boundaries of human experience to provide meaning to our lives and/or perhaps we are forced deterministically towards change and/or mutations of our physical, mental, and spiritual realms.

I would like to hope that violence could stop but a fair percentage of it seems to be informed by the loss of control in other valued aspects of life, such as money and sex.

Control is what we seek, the prospects of a chaotic universe are unsettling. We are raised to cultivate our beliefs, ascribe to cultural norms and major changes in behavior, concepts, and ideas is likely a difficult, if not frightening prospect for many.

13. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

cant it be just for fun? like not an expression of love, just an expression of "i wanna bust a nut". would this hurt our "spirituality" in some way?

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

"the world is not as I like it to be so I state with certainty that we were really supposed to be somewhere else by now' - Uhm, there's some schedule for humanity and we are collectively behind on it? :p

Also:

It's time to evolve. - I thought evolution is an ongoing process and there is no moment in time on which it will start or restart.

15. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Don't need sex to bust a nut just a nut cracker. We are spirited and only you can decide if you are comfortably so. Is wanting to bust a nut a comfortable position to be in?

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i read something once about the correlation between intelligence and violent crime, in theory the modal IQ in a society would need to reach be about 115 before you would have a society mostly without any violent crime. Note that this is different thanaverage IQ. A lot of violence has to do with impulsivity, and poorly developed emotion.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's not like we can't evolve as a species while still having a love for money and sex, and even have the occasional war. Maybe we evolve in an unsuspected direction ;)

18. Moonglow181

I agree with you for the most part.....but I also have read studies that a spontaneous person can be somewhat more emotionally healthy than a calculating one.....Of course, there is a fine balance......of this.....
    Studies have been shown that a dolphin's brain is more evolved than ours, which could be why they go out of their way to help a distressed human and also have a love of play......
    I would question the IQ thing to an extent...some serial killers had very high IQ's.....Let's look at ted bundy.....so i think there has to be more studies done on the brain and in neurology to understand what makes a violent person or a killer.....some brains are sick...others lack in some things a normal brain may have....brains can get sick, too, like any other part of the human body.....

Are you a gentle person? Ask yourself...anyone.....or a violent one. I am about as gentle as they come. I hate violence.

19. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

love for, influences trajectory

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This sounds fascinating, do you have any sources to an article or abstract regarding this research?

Tags: