Fox News On The Dangers Of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by fraggle_rock, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The only reason to care about such a network is of course because other people take it too serious. Especially if it seems to be people that have influence in your society. Isn't that the reason why you care about and agitate against certain people/organisations/mindets as well? :p

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

am I the only one who has never heard of budder? Where can I get some of that shit, I want some hallucinogenic weed! Haha what a joke. That entire segment reminded me too much of reefer madness. The kids are getting blitzed on the devil's weed!

2 people like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'm not sure I've ever heard so much disinformation packed into such a short segment...

The problem is Faux News viewers are going to eat that up as fact. Anybody that thinks this doesn't matter had better look around and notice how many right wingers there are out there that will believe this shit...

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

the dumbing continues of America

5. Moonglow181

I have run out of likes for the day. I will catch some more of you later.

not literally....for the catch word. Ihope you know what i meant. :)

6. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I've often wondered, if this whole potency bullshit is the argument against cannabis these days.. why is liquor okay?

It's just going to get you drunk faster, it's more dangerous, more likely to cause addiction...

Not like you'd compensate by drinking way more beer than you would liquor, right?

1 person likes this.
  7. Moonglow181

I have often wondered the same thing, Cannbis.

1 person likes this.
  8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

my wife is very active with girl scouts.
    a while ago some girl scout mom thought she was doing community service whenever she forwarded some article about the evils of "budder" very similar to this clip, I guess to everyone on her contacts list.
    The wife forwarded it to me because she knew I would get a laugh out of it.
    I typed a nice long, factual and informative reply and basically showed the author of the article to be a complete idiot that doesn't know shit about marijuana and "replied to all".
    We have never gotten another email from her since.... :devil:

2 people like this.
  9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

ya know that shuts up more people who are opposed to weed than any other thing.

Here is how the dialogue should go.

IDIOT---"Weed is horribly dangerous, blah,blah,blah"
    COOL AND INFORMED SMOKER--- "Tell me, why are some drugs illegal anyway?"
    IDIOT--- "Because they are dangerous and cause great harm to people and the economy, blah, blah, blah, and it's to help protect people and their health." (the most common given answer)
    COOL AND INFORMED SMOKER--- "Then why are alcohol and tobacco legal?"

I swear every time I have posed someone that question you can almost hear their brain sputter and break down as it bangs into the logic... :D

3 people like this.
  10. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

This country was founded on the cash crop of tobacco. And now we are fortunate to be one of the first places to have weed as a cash crop.. If people cared about the economy in even the slightest, they'd be all down for legalization

Take out the war on drugs alone and you save this country billions

2 people like this.
  11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

exactly.
    most people do not realize that politics and racial prejudice were the genesis for the majority of drug laws.

12. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

But there are a lot of industries that depend on the drug war.

The private prison industry depends on drug convictions to turn a profit. If weed were legal, tobacco and alcohol would have more competition. Whoever sells weapons to the DEA and the cartels (or both at the same time) is making a killing. Then there's addiction recovery retreats, drug counsellors, drug testing, etc.

Something interesting to note is that W's win against Al Gore was heavily funded by Phillip Morris, and he militarized the war on drugs more than ever before-- it was the state-level politicians who knew it was pointless. Bush was definitely in big tobacco's pocket, as well as big oil's.

2 people like this.
  13. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

The original reason for making pot illegal goes back even further. There was a time that pot wasn't illegal at all....until it started threatening big business....logging, textiles, etc. All of the points in the quoted post are true but there are many other industries that also don't want it legal. Those other industries probably couldn't care less if pot was legalized as long as they never have to compete with hemp in an open and fair market. Hemp is a game changer on a lot of levels. I suspect that the powers-that-be figured if they can demonize pot enough...the general public would be mostly uneducated about hemp. And that's pretty much what happened.

2 people like this.
  14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

FUCK WILLIAM RANDOLPH HEARST UP THE ASS WITH AN ELEPHANT TUSK!!!!!!

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

OK folks,
    i just picked up some supplies and got a complimentary "dab" of "budder".

I don't know what the hell those idiots in that video are talking about, I'm perfectly fine.

BUT WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THE GODDAMN SOFA TO STOP STARING AT ME!

and how the heck do I get rid of these damn spiders...they keep crawling all over my arms!!!!!![​IMG]

in the meantime please enjoy this musical interlude while I get a can of RAID,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1TS6ce9Ve8

the white zone is for loading and unloading only...............................

2 people like this.
  16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What a bunch of propaganda.

1 person likes this.
  17. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

18. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

Try a salad fork. But don't stab too hard because that will awaken the worms.

1 person likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What doesn't seem to make sense to me here is that you could grow whole fields of male (weedless) marihuana plants (as there are, I know for example of a maze of hemp plants and no there's no weed to be found :p). This doesn't seem to be illegal here (netherlands), so why can't such plants and growers of them compete with other industries? There are also hemp ropes and pants etc. etc. available. They seem to be produced legal and all. Is the only reason that market isn't bigger because of it's being illegal to grow any kind of hemp plant (even weedless)? Just thinking out loud here ;)

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hemp growing is illegal in the US...