Life Is So Bullshit, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by atsizat9050, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Death is bullshit

2 people like this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Paintings
    good friends
    love for things
    writings
    etc

Life can be a struggle for anyone......but you have to make something positive out of it if you can....and if you can't chalk it up to a lost cause and move on, if you can

what do you want out of life?

3. Moonglow181

Yes, death is definitely bull shit.....
    loss is no fun either of loved ones.

those things SUCK!

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

too ordinary? can't say i've ever considered it that.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

power, to have some control over your surroundings, other people, to get the things you want. thats what power is.

6. Moonglow181

"Life is so empty"
    feels like a projection to me
    why do you feel empty?

7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

If it's empty, do something to fill it up.

1 person likes this.
  8. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

You never wanna die?

9. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

It is not power, it is money.

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Depends on whose shoes you're standing in.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So when your purse is empty so is your life. Maybe deriving meaning or fullfillment in life from money is what makes life more like bullshit. Wether you have it, chase after it or just dream of it :p

2 people like this.
  12. BlackBillBlake

You have to have it to survive, but money doesn't necessarily bring happiness or fulfilment. None of the rich people I've known seemed to be very happy, and I can't say any of them made me think they had any particular insight into life's deeper meanings ..

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I read recently--

Money can only buy happiness up to a certain "tipping point", around $50,000 USD per year, on average. So, essentially, if you earn more than that, your happiness doesn't go up, but if you earn less, your happiness levels do go down. To me, that says you only need to earn enough to be stable and not live paycheck to paycheck. Although, in some parts of the country, you would be living paycheck to paycheck on 50k per year.

1 person likes this.
  14. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I know some rich people who seem pretty happy but I agree...their money doesn't give them any more wisdom or insight than anyone else has and they aren't happy just because they have money either.

But I will say....money doesn't buy happiness but it does allow people to focus on other things that make them happy. If you don't have to work two jobs just to pay the rent, you may have a little more time to do other things you'd like to do.

4 people like this.
  15. BlackBillBlake

Yes - if you have no money, life is no fun. It becomes a struggle to survive. You need to have your basic needs to be happy,and to have the leisure to enjoy life.

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

Some people's money does not make me happy...look at what OJ Simpson's money allowed him to get away with.....

meanwhile some poor person sits in jail for stealing something to feed their family.

3 people like this.
  17. Wizardofodd

On the flip-side....I also know (and have known) some fairly poor people who had their basic needs barely meant most of the time and they are some of the happiest people around. They've figured out how to be happy with almost nothing.

My dad and step-mom were old hippie types (who I moved in with at 14) who didn't have much at all. They enjoyed things that didn't cost very much...gardening, the dogs, camping, family gatherings, etc. And most of all, they enjoyed each other. I don't think I've ever met two people who obviously loved each other so much. They were also very generous people even when there wasn't much to give. I had friends without fathers who looked to my dad as a father figure. They were welcome at any time and a few even lived with us when they had nowhere else to go. We didn't always have a full pantry but there was always enough to go around....even if someone showed up unexpectedly. Helping people made them happy.

4 people like this.
  18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

A word that only has meaning when you're wasting your time comparing yourself to other people.

2 people like this.
  19. Wizardofodd

Never compare your "cutting room floor" footage with someone else's highlight reel. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. BlackBillBlake

Sounds like your folks were good people. I am more comfortable around people like that - probably because I'm really an old hippy myself. :daisy:

1 person likes this.