Divorce And Desire

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by lcfan, Apr 16, 2015.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sunfighter, should we fix her up so she remarries? That gets you off the hook, right?

2. good husband

good husband Visitor

lcfan -

The best way to get over one woman is to get under another.

Just sayin'...

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I just read that. It's true: if she remarries I no longer have to pay her $2000 a month. I haven't given any thought to fixing her up. I guess I think of her as almost asexual now.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Wow.
    I've not divorced in an alimony state.
    I didn't even get child support ordered, just a "father reimburses mother for 50 percent of health insurance and medical costs."

I live on less than you are paying her. And I think in many ways, I live well. But I share housing.

5. jhan559

jhan559 Members

Do what you want to do. Go with your gut. Put yourself out there. Bring back your confidence, start talking to women. Doesn't mean you have to sleep with them. Just start the flirting again. Good luck, keep us updated.

6. NevilleMaddox

NevilleMaddox Members

you have to move on and forget your past. you think that you don't bear new marriage expenses then you can marry in a simple way or make a gf and live with her without marriage

7. lcfan

lcfan Guest

I just came across this post and wanted to update everyone. I stayed the course. Divorce can be ugly or it can be drama-free. In my case, it was ugly. She was aloof until it was too late, then made it unbearable to leave. It cost me $80,000 in legal fees and separation agreement money to move on with my life. For a 2.5 year marriage.

I definitely think that government has no place in marriage. Maryland made me wait a year before filing for divorce. But it worked out for me. I reconnected with a former girlfriend (20 years!!!), and I am married to her now. No evil or cheating on either side, just fate.

Perhaps I should have moved on, but my lawyer said not to, and I am a rule-follower by nature. I suffered through a woman living in my house rent-free for almost 6 months while I slept on a couch and paid the entire mortgage. She didn't have the decency to offer to pay for living there.

I know that she is a good person and that it was extreme circumstances that caused her to act like she did, but I would not have done the same. We both bore responsibility for the divorce, and she simply refused to acknowledge that. I learned some things from the experience. Sadly, one is that if you are completely out of your mind, you get what you want. A negotiation means that you meet in the middle, yet ours was an offer met with a counter that was higher, followed by an offer met with a counter that was higher. For those reading who are getting ideas, stop. Be a good person. Don't be a crazy person. You're in the situation because you wanted to be there.

My thoughts and prayers are with those going through divorce. If you are cheating, screw you. But if it just didn't work, I'm sorry. And if it's your fault for even marrying her (like in my case) since you knew it wouldn't work, I'm really sorry. I understand you. Be strong. And if you need support, message me.

-C

McFuddy likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Your already married again? Wow!

I divorced the year before you, and in no way ready to jump into that shit, in fact, I don't think I ever will.. you lost out, single life is awsome, it just gets better...

9. lcfan

lcfan Guest

Please don't get me wrong. I applaud you. That was my plan as well. But this is amazing. I am very happy now. I hope you are as well. :)

morrow likes this.