Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

What The Hell Is Wrong With Moms These Days....

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted April 11 2015 - 10:00 AM

Every other day its another mother killing her kids...This is why I don't watch the news

• Eavesdrop and Yggdrazil like this

#2 Lolli

Lolli

• PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Locationwatertown, NY

Posted April 11 2015 - 04:10 PM

i-kmow-what-u-meam-i-do't-watch-the-news-either

• Desera_xoxo likes this
Posted Image hardy!!! life is short. peace out, Lolli

#3 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 15,790 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted April 11 2015 - 05:25 PM

I don't watch the news because I find it boring.
  • Sleeping Caterpillar likes this
Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#4 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted April 11 2015 - 05:32 PM

we live in a fucked up society, and in a fucked up world.

plus the media loves that shit.  all the crazy fucked up shit gets the most ratings

• PacificDude, Moonglow181 and Desera_xoxo like this

#5 rollingalong

rollingalong

yabba daba doobs

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 11 2015 - 07:10 PM

bombs kill more kids than moms

#6 Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted April 11 2015 - 07:47 PM

Thats a valid point. But im talking about moms that kill there kids
  • PacificDude likes this

#7 Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted April 11 2015 - 07:48 PM

we live in a fucked up society, and in a fucked up world.

plus the media loves that shit. all the crazy fucked up shit gets the most ratings

I agree 100%

#8 Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart

Grumpy old bitch

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationIn my treehouse

Posted April 12 2015 - 03:20 AM

Birth control.  People do not use it...don't seem to care, or they think they won't get pregnant.

Remember, no one is perfect, everyone's ass has a crack in it.

#9 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted April 12 2015 - 03:47 AM

What about moms that kill their kids with bombs?
  • Irminsul likes this

#10 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,482 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 04:49 AM

I dont think shit like that should be on the news. There's no reason for anyone to know about such things except for the family involved.

also, as someone still dealing with post partum ocd 2 and a half years after the fact, I think its irresponsible journalism to report stories like this for the sake of ratings instead of trying to shed a light on post partum mental illness and encourage women to seek mental health treatment after birth.

• PacificDude likes this

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#11 Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 05:08 AM

I dont think shit like that should be on the news. There's no reason for anyone to know about such things except for the family involved.

also, as someone still dealing with post partum ocd 2 and a half years after the fact, I think its irresponsible journalism to report stories like this for the sake of ratings instead of trying to shed a light on post partum mental illness and encourage women to seek mental health treatment after birth.

I understand post partum as ive been there as well. What I dont understand is why these women are killing there kids the way they do. Okay youre depressed and suffering but setting your kid on fire or stabbing not one but three of your kids to death. Wtf is that about? Thats what throws me through a loop.
  • Yggdrazil likes this

#12 PacificDude

PacificDude

• PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted April 12 2015 - 05:15 AM

These days? Hell, my mom attempted to assault my 14 year old sister with an axe. And that was at least 40 years ago. It never made the papers or TV. It's just that now everything goes viral on the internet 5 minutes after it happens. It didn't used to be that way. So I blame the media/internet - violence is our daily diet.

• newbie-one and Desera_xoxo like this

#13 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted April 12 2015 - 05:20 AM

I think that's bullshit

You in the US, you got around two to three thousand kids a year that die of abuse, about a third of that just from neglect, the vast majority don't make it to the news

People don't give enough of a shit about it

How would sweeping it under the carpet make things better?
  • Eavesdrop, rollingalong and NoxiousGas like this

#14 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,482 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 05:43 AM

I understand post partum as ive been there as well. What I dont understand is why these women are killing there kids the way they do. Okay youre depressed and suffering but setting your kid on fire or stabbing not one but three of your kids to death. Wtf is that about? Thats what throws me through a loop.

I dont understand it either, but I also don't think its a new phenomenon. We just hear about I more often. In the 90s a woman from my state named Susan Smith drowned her kids in a lake and it was on the news for months. Even years after it happened the tabloids were reporting on her lesbian relationships in prison. I think that's when the media realized what a gold mine child abuse and murder can be.

I think that's bullshitYou in the US, you got around two to three thousand kids a year that die of abuse, about a third of that just from neglect, the vast majority don't make it to the newsPeople don't give enough of a shit about itHow would sweeping it under the carpet make things better?

I would agree with you if I thought reporting it in the news was productive in any way, if it led to more funding for social services, more funding for planned parenthood and mental health services for new mothers, etc etc. But most people read stories like this just think about how sad it is for a few minutes and move on.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#15 Dude111

Dude111

An Awesome Dude

• PipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 05:47 AM

Every other day its another mother killing her kids...This is why I don't watch the news

Its good you dont........ I feel alot of what we see on MSM news isnt real anyway!!
  • Desera_xoxo likes this

#16 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 09:22 AM

Axiomatic=if it bleeds, it leads.

#17 rollingalong

rollingalong

yabba daba doobs

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 12 2015 - 10:59 AM

maybe some ''mothers'' aren't ready for how incredibly hard it is to tough-out a cryathon or to constantly breastfeed.....maybe some moms cant handle their fucked up husbands not wanting to fuck that sagging body still recuperating from the physicality of childbirth

and maybe the lack of education on just how incredibly hard it is to raise kids or even just ;;how to raise kids'' is to blame.........we have all seen or know single moms and struggling moms that just cant get it together as far as motherhood...maybe your baby would stop crying if you knew how to care for it and maybe you shouldn't have married such an asshole

many possibilities on why moms kill their kids

in the end we all kow it is wrong to hurt a child....lock up those moms and throw away the key

#18 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted April 12 2015 - 11:47 AM

maybe some ''mothers'' aren't ready for how incredibly hard it is to tough-out a cryathon or to constantly breastfeed.....maybe some moms cant handle their fucked up husbands not wanting to fuck that sagging body still recuperating from the physicality of childbirth[...]

These are good reasons to give up a kid for adoption.  It's also the sort of thing that you should be ready to hack if you've decided to become a parent.

Yes, being a mom is hard, but these are not excuses to abuse, and especially kill, a child.

----------------------

Child Abuse

Childhelp®
Phone: 800.4.A.CHILD (800.422.4453)
Who They Help: Child abuse victims, parents, concerned individuals

Adult Survivors of Child Abuse

Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA)
Morris Center for Healing from Child Abuse
PO Box 14477
San Francisco , CA 94114
Phone: (415) 928-4576
tmc_asca@dnai.com
http://www.ascasupport.org/
Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA) supports and assists survivors of child abuse to move on with their lives. In addition, ASCA was created with the intention of guaranteeing that all survivors of childhood abuse, regardless of their financial situation, have access to a program focused on recovery from childhood abuse, including physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse or neglect.

Domestic/Family Violence

National Domestic Violence Hotline
24 hour hotline phone: 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233)
www.thehotline.org
who they help: victims, survivors, family, parents, friends, offenders, community leaders. A resource to anyone who may have concerns about relationship being unhealthy or abusive, and it does not matter whether they are dating or married, living together or not.

Mental Illness

National Alliance on Mental Illness
Phone: 800.950.NAMI (800.950.6264)
Who They Help: Individuals, families, professionals

#19 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,858 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted April 12 2015 - 01:33 PM

hamsters.

gallery_104050_1936_34168.jpg

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

#20 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted April 12 2015 - 02:30 PM

and maybe you shouldn't have married such an asshole

A big Fat Yes.

And maybe they shouldn't have married said arsehole, they knew from the start they were NEVER going to be attracted to ON PURPOSE because he was a lot easier to whip

Half the real reason for marital and these kind of problems

#21 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted April 12 2015 - 03:23 PM

I dont understand it either, but I also don't think its a new phenomenon. We just hear about I more often.

But we don't hear about it more often

In a way

Our populations have doubled over the last 60 or so years, there may be more cases in the media reported nowadays in raw numbers

BUT you are still only hearing about a small percentage of kids that end up dead

Percentage wise, we may not even hear about it more often nowadays

Then there are things like This one we had here in aus just last week. Three kids died, mother later said she lost control of the car during a dizzy spell, which probably was the case, but if it wasn't, and she keeps it together and never talks about it, no one will may ever know

Or having a dizzy spell is a half truth, and it wasn't so much a dizzy spell, but fell asleep at the wheel, perhaps in part from the stress of handling four kids. Perhaps sticks to the dizzy spell cos she didn't want to seem like she couldn't handle the stress of four kids and sound like a bad mother

Or alternatively again, she herself didn't know the difference between a dizzy spell and fatigue maybe due to something like low blood sugar levels from not eating or sleeping properly, so know one is really going to know if she herself doesn't know

Its not just cases with clear intent, and not just cases that are unfortunate 'accidents' that don't get uncovered, also the cases where the sum total of all the stress ends up in something that wouldn't have usually happened, especially if they had extra support
  • Desera_xoxo likes this

#22 rollingalong

rollingalong

yabba daba doobs

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 13 2015 - 08:44 AM

I just re read my last post....when I said ''you'' I meant nameless fucked up mom and not a particular person......

there is no single answer to this phenomenon

#23 r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned

Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

• PipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts

Posted April 13 2015 - 08:47 AM

I read an article yesterday saying that a mother left her quadriplegic son in the woods cuz she didn't want him. sad.

lebowski.jpg
Glauben diejenigen, die nach der Wahrheit suchen. Zweifle an denen, die ihn finden.

#24 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,858 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted April 13 2015 - 08:51 AM

Watch A.I. much ?

gallery_104050_1936_34168.jpg

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

#25 r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned

Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

• PipPipPip
  • 11,706 posts

Posted April 13 2015 - 09:02 AM

whats that

lebowski.jpg
Glauben diejenigen, die nach der Wahrheit suchen. Zweifle an denen, die ihn finden.

#26 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,506 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted April 14 2015 - 12:36 AM

we live in a world with so many people, that a very small percentage, can still be a very large number.  combine that with 'media' really does 'love that shit' because getting people's attention, however purile a fassion they go about it, is what sells advertising space, whether or not it actually sells people to buy their advertiser's products.

infantcide isn't exactly new either.  there have been many cultures which have tolerated it.  even some 'christian' ones.

that its being done in a culture that mostly doesn't tollerate it, or claims not to, or doesn't what to believe it does if it does, that's where the shock value comes from.

Edited by themnax, April 14 2015 - 12:41 AM.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#27 Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted April 14 2015 - 06:21 AM

I know the media plays on all of this and honestly that doesn't change the fact that this stuff exist, so to me its irrelevant  what the media does. I turn on the news and hear this mom stabbed her three kids and this one set her 7 year old on fire. So it took her 7 years to decided enough was enough? And then she puts gas on her kid and then lights it? WTF it makes no sense at all, it sounds to me like the bitch was just evil....Pure and Simple.

#28 Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart

Grumpy old bitch

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationIn my treehouse

Posted April 15 2015 - 03:10 AM

And...more than likely she has never used birth control.

• Desera_xoxo likes this
Remember, no one is perfect, everyone's ass has a crack in it.

#29 space>

space>

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted April 26 2015 - 11:22 AM

Don't some animals eat their young? -next best thing
life's a trip, then you come back

#30 mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted December 31 2015 - 12:46 AM

Its very valid question. Why people killed innocent children, anr they do it? I mean one need courage and dare to do this bad job. Children are not responsible for any thing. First crime people committed about illegal birth and second to kill that innocent body. So sad.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop