Nuvaring Trustworthy?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by thatsall, Apr 8, 2015.

1. thatsall

thatsall Members

We sometimes get drunk and have sex and she tells me to come inside her. It's a bit worrisome because I have heard that alcohol can lower the effectiveness of birth control. Should I be worried?

2. Laci

Laci Members

I dunno, but my friend was having sex with his girlfriend who has a nuvaring. He said it fell out in the middle of intercourse and she had to put it back in. I wouldn't risk it unless you have the money for the PlanB pill, abortion, alimony, or you want a kid with her

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

birth control is designed so you can ejaculate inside without getting pregnant. Even if the nuvaring falls out during sex she isn't going to ovulate as soon as it leaves her body. You'll be fine as long as she uses it properly.

4. bombera32

bombera32 Members

Nuvaring prevents ovulation directly in the important area. Yes that would defiantly be a sobering moment for an intoxicated individual however given that she has been using if affectively i agree with the second post; "just because it fell out during intercourse doesn't mean she is going to ovulate". perfect way to say it really. Nuvaring is an easy form of birth control that doesn't rely on taking pill at the same time every night and is great for individuals with busy or altered schedules who simply can't adhere to the stick rules of "the pill". having said that it comes at a greater risk of side affects. yes all Birth Control has an increased risk of blood clots and weight gain and Nuva ring for some reason physiologically has a greater risk of these. It simply is a decision that should be made from an informed and sober decision. Risk it for the easy biscuit OR commit to taking the pill once a day religiously? the great thing about our medical system is we DO have a choice, i could very well decide to take that risk and my insurance which mind you i pay a premium for at my young age of 27, it will pay for it. most women have that choice, now i am making an assumption that women who are on medicaide can also make this decision with the new Affordable Care Act. But I'm assuming here on that one. Fact is Nuva ring is pretty much birth control that ya just don't take every day. Its placed around the cervix once a month and thats it. done, no worries about drunken adventures, so get to it!