Various Things.

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Laci, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Laci

Laci Members

There are so many annoying little things I want to whine about.

1) I cannot stand it when people can't stay off their phones. Nowadays everyone is glued to their phone, computer, tablet, Ipod, all that stuff. I'll have someone over and we'll be watching a movie, TV show, going somewhere, and they spend the whole time with their nose in their phone. If you're getting together with me, pay attention to me. When you're busy talking to other people on your phone, it makes me feel like you don't take an interest in me or spending time with me and you'd rather be talking with whoever you're texting.

2) People that are always in a hurry. I'm the type of person who has a sense of urgency when it's needed, but I also like to take the time to enjoy things when I have the chance, whether that be an article I'm reading, a task I'm doing, a place I'm visiting. If I'm out shopping, I don't want the other person to be in a huge rush to look through everything and get on to the next store. Another example is when someone wants to rush through an event or activity to do something else. If you didn't have the time to come do something with me, then maybe you shouldn't have come considering neither of us can enjoy the experience- we're too busy to enjoy things.

3) People who talk on their phones in public- especially in check out lines and inside businesses/restaurants. I don't think I need to elaborate on this, people will get it.

4) People who let their pets run off leash. Our town has a leash law because there's a lot of people with children and pets. Our neighbor is always letting their cat outside during the day- cat got beat up by another cat and had to have it's tail removed and has incontinence issues now. But just yesterday, I saw their cat wandering outside again. A couple days ago I was walking my two dogs around the block when a random dog (probably 6 months old) came bolting out from behind a car and growled at my basset hound who is a very timid puppy-mill rescue. When my bigger dog, who kind of looks out for the basset hound, barked back at this growling dog, the owner came out and got mad at me for MY dog barking at his dog- who was not only off-leash but threatening my dogs. It's one thing if your dog is friendly and well-behaved, for example the 90 year old lady across the street can't really walk her dog for it to go potty, so she just lets it out the door and it goes pee but stays in her yard and 8 feet from the sidewalk, but a whole different thing when your pet is running all over. I'm vegan and a huge animal lover, so I'm not just pissy because someone's dog pooped in my yard. I worry about these people's animals running out in the road and getting hit, getting attacked or attacking someone else, biting people, being chased by children. Be responsible for your pets.

5) People that are always playing the victim. A certain someone I know is currently mad at me because he feels caught in the cross-fire between me and his parents. His parents hate me because I'm vegan, liberal, supposedly a PETA-pusher (even though I can't stand PETA), gay (I'm pansexual), unreligious (but spiritual), and just don't live my life in the same way they do. I took the time to visit their home, go to dinner with them, go to church with them. They said extremely hurtful things about me, and I said I wasn't going to be around people who weren't respectful to me. This certain someone doesn't have the balls to tell their parents that they are 20 years old and can think for themselves, and that they have no right to treat people that way. I'm not creating a cross-fire, I tried to alleviate it, it's his problem that he can't get his parents to be respectful. Grow some balls. Twaattt. *grunts*

6) People that can't think for themselves. This is pretty self-explanatory for most of us here, but there's all varieties of it.

7) Nursing school is annoying, and putting on someone's TED hose is annoying. So is taking their blood pressure.

End rant.
    Thank you.
    x)
    *deep breaths*

2 people like this.
  2. Laci

Laci Members

Ooh, also, people that need to be entertained and socialize all the time. Personally, I'm perfectly happy to hang out one-on-one, just watch a movie or TV, do a puzzle, work in a garden, or just sit and talk. My boyfriend on the other hand wants to hang out with friends and gets bored of the same old routine.

Now don't get me wrong, I love going out to the beach, walking around the lake, rollerblading, but going to your friends house to go hang out with him, his girlfriend, and 8 of your other friends just doesn't appeal to me. I'd much rather lay in my bed with you and watch a documentary. I don't need other people whatsoever. I just don't like socializing. I'm a one-on-one type of person, very laid-back. But I do like people's pets..

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I swear I'm one of the only responsible dog owners in my little district. Everyone, EVERYONE walks their pooch off lead and they always run up to my boy who gets way excited and I have to be the one to pull the chain. It sucks. And for no apology most of the time either.

What pisses me off more are the jerks that run with their dog off lead and don't even bother to steer away from me and my dog pleasantly minding my our business. They come out no nowhere and then spook us both and then a little brat come running around off lead. I'm very close to just booting a dog soon. :D and I'll be like, oi, listen.. that's your fault.

4. Laci

Laci Members

I feel the same way!! -.-
    I just don't understand why it's so hard to keep your dog on a leash- even a retractable one or a long-line. We adopted our collie a couple years ago for my mom's husband. This dog will chase cats. He listens well most of the time, but he wouldn't hesitate to run off if he saw something he really wanted. My mom's husband thinks it's cool to let the collie off leash in the garage with him, with the garage door open, to impress his friends or something- he thinks he's the dog whisperer when he doesn't know anything. I feel more than qualified to judge the training/listening ability of our collie as someone experienced with animal training and a certified therapy animal handler/trainer. I've told him a million times that it's not safe to let the collie off-leash, even with supervision, because even though he listens a majority of the time, there are those times when he doesn't. I'm just waiting for the time when our collie sees a cat and takes off, runs into the street, and gets hit by a car. When this happens, my mom's husband will most definitely act super sad and apologize, and I'll have no sympathy for him because he knew better and I told him so.

5. Laci

Laci Members

A few other things I thought about tonight:

-People that speed. There is no reason to go 60 in a 35. You're not in Fast & Furious, you're not in NASCAR, you are in city limits. Not only are you endangering other people, but you're endangering yourself. You're going to go around that corner too fast and end up in a ditch, hitting street signs, going over the lines. What if a deer, rabbit, or squirrel runs out in front of you? Or a dog or cat? You're in a hurry to get no where. Late to your 3 o'clock meeting? Not my problem. You should have organized your day better. It's understandable to go 3-5 over the speed limit, but you don't need to race everywhere.

-People that get pissy about slow elderly drivers. I would much rather Mrs.Jones drive 30 in a 45 than try to go the speed limit when her hearing and sight aren't what they used to be. Now if they're driving dangerously in other ways, it may be time to give up your license, but many elderly people are going through a part of their life in which they're losing many of the basic things we take for granted: their health, mobility, hearing, sight, possibly becoming incontinent, their kids may be trying to put them in assisted living where their life goes from a house full of all their beautiful antiques to being dwindled down to a dresser, a bed, a nightstand, and maybe a TV, maybe some pictures on the wall. If they can maintain a small bit of independence in being able to drive themselves places, I'm fine if it means they're driving a bit slower. So to all you kids out there honking your horn at Mrs.Jones, slow down, shut up, and take in the scenery. You'll get where ya need to get.

-People that have ZERO professionalism. I was at Subway recently when the manager started arguing with a guy who was making my sandwich, telling him he needed to clock out at 5 and it was 5:03. This kid was just trying to finish up making my sandwich and get me checked out. She starts yelling at him that if he doesn't do it now, she's going to tell their boss and she's not going to take the blame for him. I didn't hesitate to speak my mind to her. If you need to sort out a problem with an employee, you do not do it in front of customers, and you do not do it in a disrespectful tone. Be an adult. Good God.