Bigfoot Sightings!

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Dimwitted, Apr 5, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've seen my own feet when they were swolen. i've also seen harry and the hendersons, and thought it was great.
    the picture is great and could very well be the genuine article. i also know of several dozen people who could make something you could wear
    that could make you look like that, or just about anything else you might want to.

i'm not meaning to suggest it couldn't be exactly what it appears to be.
    only that, we live in an age, when no photo is any longer conclusive.

and i've seen some very beautiful fur suits, that were still completely convincing when you walked right up and hugged them.

this is one of those things, where i want so much to believe, that it makes me skeptical of my own wanting to.

i don't think anyone would just be tromping around in the woods wearing a suit like that, they cost from a couple of thousand dollars on up,
    but someone who lives fairly close by could own one and enjoy giving passengers a thrill.

while nothing human is shaped that way, foam padding underneath synthetic fur, can be.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I want to give the sasquatch a big hug

3. porkman420

porkman420 Members

they have been reported in every state besides hawaii...they have a little one there

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't buy the train photo. By the time you saw it train has gone by, and I doubt it's a lucky shot of some random price of forest and luck caught a Bigfoot on photo. :D

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, probably just a Harry and the Henderson's Mask

[​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

lithgow is one of my favorite people who also happens to be involved in big money entertainment for a living. furst herd about him in buckaroo bonasai.
    then at a sciffy con where he was promo-ing quest for fire. (where i met ran into him in a totally ordinary people context, and got my ideas about what he's like as a person)
    third rock was dissapointing, but then television usually is. the constraints of tv production almost madate that it be. or did before cheap cg fx.
    the mad proffesor in b2tf reprieved what i loved about bb8d. i forget where h&h fit into that timeline. somewhere near the middle of it i guess.

that picture looks sooo much like the suit in h&h, that if it isn't just photoshopped, dollars to doughnuts, some fursuiter who lives near by is what it is.
    (hell i'd do it, if it was something i could afford. and most of the people i know would too.)

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

rich kids wearing convincing looking fur suits might. just because. as if even some of us on here wouldn't.
    some day, if it hasn't already happened, some idiot with a gun is going to shoot one, only to find out it WAS someone wearing a fancy fursuit.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I went to a talk given by Stan Gordon on Bigfoot, UFOs, etc. I've mentioned this before.

Anyway, Stan is located in PA and got into this stuff with the Kecksburg, PA UFO crash back in the 60's. He started investigating strange stuff in PA back then and has been doing it ever since. He never commits himself as to whether he believes anything he reports, he just gives the facts as they are related to him, or presents what he finds and then lets you decide the truth of the matter.

He claims that PA has one of the largest reported number of sightings in the U.S., a lot of them located on Chestnut Ridge in Western Pa, near Bedford. Chestnut Ridge has a lot of apple farms and he says that he gets a lot of reports about Bigfoot around apples.
    For example, he related one call he got from an 80 year old women who lived by herself on the ridge. She claimed she heard a noise on her back porch, grabbed her 12 gauge shotgun and went to investigate. She encountered a Bigfoot eating apples from a bushel she had on her back porch. She fired at point blank range and the Bigfoot just vanished before her eyes. When he investigated he said they found the area the shotgun pellets had hit and the strange Bigfoot smell but nothing else.

He said he gets a lot of sightings associated with UFOs and said that some people speculate that Bigfoots have some kind of interplanetary or inter-dimensional origin.

Interesting guy.

9. hotwater

Due to a lack of physical evidence Bigfoot researchers now argue he must be an inter-dimensional being - right [​IMG]

Hotwater

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

He needs to start paying taxes!

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yeah, well people come up with a lot of strange theories. I was going to post a site explaining all this in terms of methane gas (or whatever gas they claim causes the sulfur smell) but it was a little too deep for me.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The Bigfoot From Outer Space

It's one of those cheezy 50's SciFi movies, in'it?

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if it wasn't it will be. people like to tell those kinds of stories. that's why this forum is here.
    i just wish more the threads here could be about things that haven't been beaten to death.

people see or experience something that is unfamiliar to them. that much happens all the time.
    but then they latch onto some common mythology, instead of accepting that it was something unfamiliar to them,
    and just maybe, something unfamiliar to anyone, including unfamiliar to popular myths or beliefs.

i'm interested in when people realize it doesn't have to be.

i mean we live in a big and diverse universe and there's no reason to impose familiar handles on things that might not have anything to with them.

like with the ufo thing.
    so many people seem to think they have to come from some one other place, or even their imaginary hell.

and of course a lot of them probably are ordinary things,
    or bored people wanting to create a little excitement.

but that doesn't mean there can't be people who don't look like us,
    who look like big foot, or red pandas, or again things we've yet to imagine,
    who maybe crashed here a long time ago.

so long ago, and passing as animals for so long they've forgotten their sapience.

and not all from the same other worlds,

or the same other realms
    that what we think we know about those realms may be entirely mythical,

and their realities, should they happen to have them,
    far more wonderous then any of our popular myths come even close to imagining.

14. hotwater

I always assumed it was a case of bad hygiene [​IMG]

Hotwater