Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Mar 31, 2015.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

The number of the beast. Gross imperfection.
    I remember as a teen rocking out to this song by iron maiden.

It is also descibed in the bible in revelations.
    This the vision the apostle john saw

I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon. It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed. And it performs great signs, even making fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the sight of mankind.
    It misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that it was permitted to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image+ to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast.
    It puts under compulsion all people—the small and the great, the rich and the poor, the free and the slaves—that these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead, and that nobody can buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. This is where it calls for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number, and its number is 666.

Thoughts?

2. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

One world government . Rfid chips.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Thoughts? "

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Something tells me that if Satan really did have a number assigned to him, it would be a rather low number, possibly even single digits.

Anyway I think "666" is über lame and have never written it down or attempted to showcase my personality with it. Satan blows. I confide in his counter mistress Hel. Flames of Hell? Yawn. Frozen realm? Yes please. Daggy looking loser with red skin and a tail? Lol. Hawt cold skinned goddess? Mmmmmm.

5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

If the bible is true then God himself is most certainly a devil. Any good devil would disguise himself as the being "Most High", obviously.

1 person likes this.
  6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

666 is the 36th triangular number.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

666 is written in Greek as 600, 60, 6.

666 is a positive number. 6 is the number of creation. 666 is a trinity of 6s representing the active number 3. 666 is the material activation of spirit.

666 represents the Sun and its solar radiation, the male principle, the emperor and his edicts, and the exercise of the mind by the intellect.
    When the proportion its influence is correct it nourishes and gives life; when it becomes excessively dominant it leads to violence and destructive power.

In China the number 666 represents the creative dragon and is related to the first hexagram of the I Ching. The dragon represents the electrical charge of the thunderstorm which stirs the creative forces of the Earth.
    The Chinese dragon and the beast of Revelation have the same origin but in China the dragon is still respected as a creative force while in the West the fanatics of the Dark Ages chose to consolidate their power by discrediting the power of nature. During the Reformation all symbols of the number 666 were attacked. The positive male fertility phallic symbols of the steeple, up right stones, and Maypoles were discarded. Rome was identified as the imperial authority and the number 666 and was seen as hostile to their form of Christianity. How the association of the number 666 came to be with the Beast would require another posting.

When the male number 666 is unified with the number 1080 (which is the number of the Moon, the female, and Mankind) to produce 1746...it results in the mustard seed of fertility.
    When the union is frustrated 666 becomes violent and destructive and 1080 retreats becoming stagnate.

The rhombus contained within the vesica made by two circles with a circumference of 1746 has an area of 66,600.
    The area of the triangle forming a side of the Great Pyramid is 66,600 X 2.72 (one Megalithic yard, MY).

The bluestone circle of Stonehenge has an area of 666 megalithic yard.
    The sarsen circle has an area of 1080 megalithic yards.
    Thus Stonehenge unites both the positive and negative forces.

666 feet = 150 cubits + 150 MY.
    The Babylonians worked in units of 6, 60, and 600. The sum of the Roman numerals I, V, X, L, C, and D is 666.
    A Rod (unit of measure) of 1 1/2 cubits + 1 1/2 MY = 6.66 feet which is the side of a square of an area of 6 square MY.

The Magic Square of the Sun is made of the first 36 numerals which add to 666. They are arranged in a 6 x 6 block so that the sum of each column and line equals 111.

And so on...I gotta go.

2 people like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I also rocked out to that song and album as a teen. Do you still enjoy that album of them?

10. rambleON

rambleON Coup

It represents in Latin the mind set off the Roman man. This mentality of the Roman man is the way of the beast system.

If this mark is on your mind (forehead) or in your works that you do (hand) then you have the mark of the beast.

Nothing spooky about it and it's not the "chip", though a chip could happen but it's not the mark. It's your mind.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

I liked 7th son a little more than number of the beast.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

With the guards of Magog swarming around,
    The Pied Piper takes his children underground.
    The Dragon's coming out of the see,
    with the shimmering silver head of wisdom looking at me.
    He brings down the fire from the skies,
    You can tell he's doing well by the look in human eyes.
    You'd better not compromise.
    It won't be easy.
    666 is no longer alone,
    He's getting out the marrow in your back bone,
    And the seven trumpets blowing sweet rock and roll,
    Gonna blow right down inside your soul.
    Pythagoras with the looking glass reflects the full moon,
    In blood, he's writing the lyrics of a brand new tune.

1 person likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

just a stupid number made up a very long time ago by someone who hated catholics. (possibly even before there were protestants to do so) because it was the original street number of some part of the vatican complex.

beast? there's no "beast" worse then humanity.

just try to remember you DO have a choice, and no matter how much anyone tries to convince you there is to gain for yourself by screwing everything up for everyone else,
    odds are much better you'll only have to live in the mess that you make.

sure people want to externalize everything they screw up, or just want something they can get away with beating on.

do you really think the universe gives a shit about either? why would it?

hierarchies rise and fall. reality does nothing to prevent either.

1 person likes this.
  14. Asmodean

I used to like Number of the beast more but 7th son grew on me. I like them both still a lot, but I am not so often in the mood to listen it anymore. I was at a friend's place awhile ago and he played tunes of Dio (Ronnie, not God :p), Rainbow etc. Excellent stuff but at the moment I was bored to death... :( (this is the real kind of blasphemy I know) But his crappy sound system may had something to do with it as well. I just couldn't get into it there.

1 person likes this.
  15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Blow your trumpets, Gabriel.

17. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Gabriel apparently plays a different tune when he's addressing the Virgin Mary and Mohammed.

18. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I haven't listened to maiden in years, since about 1989. I got turned on to punk rock in 87 and pretty much exclusively listened to punk, ska, psychobilly there after.
    At the time i listened to maiden, i loved piece of mind and number of the beast and the wasted years album was incredible. At the same time i listened to Dio, judas priest, krokus, rush was also one of my favorites.
    Favorite song by maiden was eithet the trooper or run to the hills, so many great songs.
    Now, i may listen to a song or two, but i particularly dont care for it because of its satanic and spiritism influence.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Many scholars think that 666 was, as Revelation says, the number of a man, and that man was from the period in which the book of Revelation was written :Nero (Actually the book was probably begun under Nero and finished under another anti-Christian emperor, Domitian) . Both Hebrews and Greeks of the day were into a form of Assyro-Babylonian numerology called gematria, that encodes letters as numbers. The number 666 decodes in Hebrew to Neron Caesar" ( "נרון קסר"), pronounced "Neron Qesar". Removing the terminal נ makes the name "Nero" rather than "Neron", and makes the number 616, which was the number shown in the earliest manuscript of Revelation, Papyrus 115 from the Oxyrhynchus site. Nero had been assassinated by the time Revelation was completed, but it was widely believed he was still alive and plotting a return to power. According to the Roman historian Suetonius, this belief, called the Nero Redivivis Legend, persisted for many decades and was especially strong in the eastern provinces, where Nero was well-regarded. During the turmoil following his death, one claimant to the throne, Otho, took the name of Nero.("I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery--but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast".Revelation 13:3)

In general, Revelation seems to have been directed against Rome. The whore of Babylon is "the great city that rules the kings of all the earth." She is seated n a seven -headed beast which we are told represent seven mountains. Rome is famous for its seven hills.Rome is called Babylon, because Rome, like ancient Babylon destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple.

1 person likes this.
  20. Asmodean

It seems arguable how much it influenced people to become serious satanists ;) Most just have rocked out to it in their teens like us. If you were a fan of the band it is also hard to believe the members did produce this song with satanic intent. It is just hard rock entertainment with a little shock value (well in the 80's i guess). And I guess they had an interest in historic, religious and mystical themes and it suited their hard rock music. Anyway, I can't regard it seriously as satanic music just because it has some songs about satan and evil. It is just good hard rock. Just like Dio, Judas Priest etc. (never was a big fan of the latter, although Painkiller is a great song)

I also got heavily into other kinds of music halfway in the 90's though: psych and stoner rock, doom metal, drum 'n bass, reggae, lots of folk rock and metal (although one of them was norwegian black metal :D hmm delicously evil! They make Iron Maiden seem like gospel :D). One of my fav songs of Maiden after all this time is still Infinite dreams (of the 7th son).