Light Blue Alprazolam Vs Dark Blue

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Earelia, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Earelia

Earelia Members

In my experience of taking xanax I have always had the light blue football shaped ones. Recently they have been the dark blue ones, same football shape. Is there any difference? Both are 1mg of alprazolam but I can't help but feel that the ones that are darker in color don't seem to have such a strong effect. It could just be me but has anyone else noticed this?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe it's just a newly formulated marketing thing?

3. dopeman

dopeman Member

probably two different generic versions of alprazolam. some generics seem to be stronger than others to me. I love Watson generic lorazepam, hits me good, but if I take APO generic lorazepam, I have to take 2 to feel the same as 1 Watson.

4. Earelia

Earelia Members

I figured that different makers could be the issue. Thanks though, now I know it's not only me. I wonder what makes the effect different though if they are technically the same amount of alprazolam.

5. dopeman

dopeman Member

I would think it has to do with the way they make the drug, whatever chemical processes go into making the pills at the 2 different labs probably differ from lab to lab, so ones process might make the drug more potently than in another process. and a lot of it could be due to the time it sits dormant degrading on pharmacy shelves. some generics are used more often than other and some of the less popular generics (usually the cheapest ones, which may make my theory bullshit cause I always opt for the cheapest, unless its benzo's or z-drugs which I opt for the second best before going brand name) sit on the shelves for long periods of time. just my theory.