Rapid Heartbeat After Eating

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by lines, Mar 31, 2015.

1. lines

lines Member

I am worried I have atherosclerosis because I often get a rapid heart beat after eating however I think it may also be a gut health issue or a combination of the two. The doctor did not recommend me to a cardiologist because EKG results were normal. I may try to see a cardiologist anyways. Does anyone have any experience with these symptoms and any input?

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

What's your diet consist of?

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

The doctor probably knows more about this than you do. It's not bad to get a second opinion, but you are likely worrying too much.

Maybe read up about the subject online, but I think you'd be wasting your time seeing a cardiologist about this

4. lines

lines Member

Due to not knowing what my arterial health situation is like I generally eat bits of meat spread out through the day in case their is some narrow artery thing. I also eat vegetables rice fruit water nonfat greek yogurt. Foods I dont react well too: pineapple, possibly sweet potatoes, beans and other legumes, and maybe a few others. I sometimes eat baked potatoes. And eat a few nuts every now and then.

I tried vegetarian because I was, and still am, worried about arteries but I couldn't handle a meatless diet.

I used to eat a lot of beans. Every day on burrito bowls. And lentils too.

Oh ya I have honey nut cheerios sometimes too because its got some b vitamins and stuff added to tem and I dont like taking the multis.

5. Sanibel

Sanibel Guest

I experience that from time to time, a rapid heart beat after eating. It can be exhausting. I've attributed it to a stomach condition I have. I have a form of colitis. For me doing stomach exercises will bring on the problem also. Hope you figure out what is causing your problem.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

some kinda a glycemic problem.... plenty of foods set my heart racing. apples, white rice, oats , corn, sugar..

7. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I once had a funny turn after eating dried mixed fruit, actually it happened twice and I wondered if it was because there was sulphur in them.