Where In The United States Should We Move?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by aaden5823, Mar 27, 2015.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Sounds Like The Best Spot...... :bandana:

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

The best place, cold and wet most of the time? I don't understand the thinking behind this.

There's an old saying, "familiarity breeds contempt". I think I'm too familiar with Asheville. Every place has its problems.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh you stop that now---it's beautiful here right now! Well, OK--she do rain once in a while.

4. scratcho

Oh--I forgot--we can now smoke legally!

5. behindtheart

behindtheart Guest

6. Magnolia_Sunshine

Magnolia_Sunshine Members

I always thought it'd be cool to live in a hippie camp in the middle of the desert... burning man is only one week out of the year.

7. danikisses0408

danikisses0408 Members

PAHOA HAWAII. Natural living. Lovely people. Lovely climate.

1 person likes this.
  8. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

Northern Ontario Canada...freedom

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

eastern shore is dirt cheap to live in.

10. mountain_seed

mountain_seed Members

you just nailed it.. all the counties along the CA/OR border..

but there are towns and cities where people still dress and act and discuss the worlds problems like it's still 1973

11. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I think I would start by looking at what your priorities are and where you are at this time in your life. The post is 8 years old which means you may still be in Chicagoland, but you are now 8 years older (i.e., 40)! Not sure how old your girls are, but lots of times moves are important during the high school years. As for college... well... children often move themselves for that.
    I am 64 and expect to work for another 9 or 10 years due to necessity. I live in a metropolis that is said to be expensive. I bought a home when mortgages were easily obtainable at low rates and have supplemented my income by taking in borders. I work for the federal government which means I can work within the same agency almost anywhere in the United States (as well as Puerto Rico and the Philippines).
    In the retirement years I think that I would like to be around more like-minded people. I also identify as a gay male so I might like more company around me who are of the same persuasion. When I reach the age of retirement, I will be continually mindful of money. So I will probably want to live somewhere where the taxes are lower.
    I also don't want to live anywhere that has extreme weather; too hot or too cold. Don't want to shovel or drive through snow and ice, either.
    My RADAR has been pointing me towards the Portland, Oregon region and I may look at spending some time there to get a feel for the land.
    I hope you were able to make the change that you had wanted.

12. scratcho

I repeat: Eugene.:)