What Will The World Be Like In The Year 2050?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Mar 26, 2015.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

A. A paradise
    B. A wasteland
    C. Just like it is now
    D. Hurdled to the sun
    E. Super technological
    F. Dont know
    G. Dont care cause youll be dead
    H. Horses, hay, hair, humor
    I. All water, the oceans took over
    J. New World order in place
    K. Your not a man or A woman and your a machine controlled by the elite and used as they see fit.
    L. Chill
    M. 1 acre for everyone that ever lived and everybody that has died comes back to life.
    N. Smiles
    O. O is for the end Of this pOst

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Diverse and full of opportunities as always.

Technically, everybody should answer with F ;) :p

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i expect desktop processors to have the computing power of the most capable supercomputers today if moores law still holds. look back 50 years into the past and you will see that is the case. .. thats if things go well.

i predict a MAJOR paradigm shift in economics and politics, it could go one of two ways. we can evolve past capitalism and embrace a new model of living, or we can try too cling to the current system thats been slowly failing and shit will just continue to go downhill until a major collapse happens which would set us back in technological progress and scientific advancement possibly 50-100 years (probably not regression, just stagnant growth for that period of time). if people dont get their priorities straight.

in any case i might expect something like 10Gbps internet connections. if things go well (and the above issue doesnt happen to a severe extent) i would expect a great deal of infrastructure upgrades so that instead of still providing internet links over ADSL and cable links, internet would be provided more like a straight ethernet connection over fiber. this would be completely affordable (i doubt currency will be done away with by then, probably need at least 50 additional years for that)

without computing the population growth algorth, i expect extreme overpopulation, especially in 3rd world countries. this will put further strain on the whole idea of economics, as there definitely wont be enough money in the world for all those people to have their share. if you think we dont need all those people today to sustain the means of production and wouldnt miss half of them, wait 50 more years!

i expect phone tech support to continue to dissappear and be further replaced by text chat support. i also expect AI technology to improve to the point where most human tech support agents will be replaced by AI. (this is already the case with phone tech support, and text chat .. its just not always that obvious because you eventualky have to talk to a human for non-trivial issues).

i expect a lot of growth in the software industry, since code is cumulatively developed the codebase available for use in software development will get bigger and more all-encompassing. i honestly couldnt tell you what kind of features you smart phone might have, i dont think 50 years ago people would have even though about having a computer vastly exceeding the capabilities of any machine at the time right in your pocket so the next 50 years who knows!

a nationwide mass transit system would be nice, but for some reason that seems like too much to ask going by what the government is willing to pay for today ... we did get the interstate highway system though that one time. anybody remember how things were before then? i cant imagine how that must have been and how isolated some pkaces would have been.

air travel moght be as affordable as a greyhound bus ticket is today.

wifi everywhere, or something equivalent.

if capitalism still exists i expect the class gap to widen, with the wealth distribution taking on more of a U-shaped parabolic curve, the middle will droop more and more with the middle class mostly dissappearing as it gets compressed into the left hand side of the curve. standards for living would be lowered for the "middle class" but possibly somewhat increased for the poor ... hopefully people have a little heart.

religion will decline in the first world mainstream culture and become a minority for the first time in history.

modal IQ in first world countries will increase 1 standard deviation to about 115 due to flin effect. gifted people with IQs 130 and above will be relatively common also.

sadly, unless people change their attitudes about economics, i dont expect the education reform i know we all want. i could talk about how it should be but it could very well continue to decline, as there will be really no reason to provide everyone with a good education in the oublic school system as there will be plenty enough smart people and it would be a waste of money to educate all these people they have no use for anyway. i expect the barrier to entry for jobs to continue to get set higher.

computers will be integrated almost seamlessly into everything, even our clothing.

2 people like this.
  5. Harpo

Harpo Member

2050 is only 35 years from now - think of somebody in 1980 asking what the world will be like in 2015 and you'll have some idea of the degree of difference or lack thereof.

1 person likes this.
  6. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I'm pretty sure the runaway train will have hit the wall, or will be just about to... it has only been picking up speed in the past few decades, and anything that adds to that momentum is going to push it beyond too far beyond our control for it to ever be stopped. This is assuming we ever really had control.

There's simply no way we can sustain this level of consumption, this level of pollution, this level of population growth, this rate of growing wealth disparity... and there are very few signs of significant changes being made.

I predict climate-change induced crop failures and extreme storms, which will cause more wars in the affected countries and more terrorism in the wealthy, non-affected countries. Eventually, nuclear weapons will be used, which will lead to even more conflicts on a global scale... and at that point, everyone will either be drawn into the war, or will be hiding from it in small communities.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It won't be pretty.

8. Asmodean

Depends where you are and what you're looking at.

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That is only 35 years from now, and not 50 years....so I doubt the world will be that unrecognizable yet in many ways....if there is not a major catastrophe to wipe out populations by then....If not, there will probably be more poverty and suffering in the human condition.....and population growth.

Ace is probably right with all that computer progress...as that grows by leaps and bounds every year in evolution...the only thing that seems to.

10. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Not pretty at all.

11. Moonglow181

The world is not very pretty now....When was it last?

12. Moonglow181

but we are talking about which world...nature's world is still very beautiful...the human condition is not very pretty...there has always been too much greed, vanity, power struggle, etc, in the human conditon....Man has not evolved yet.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

It is in my experience.

14. Moonglow181

I tried not to get too personal with my answer here.

i find beauty in lots of places, as i look for it....to be personal....if I must..... :D

15. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

A paradise in wasteland )

16. Moonglow181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlwh8vT2NU

17. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

It will be different, and if the religious wack jobs prevail, it will be a waste land and more like the dark ages.....Either way, I most likely won't be around to see it.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it could be a paradise, for the few survivors who crawl out from under the hell that may or may not, have already passed by then.

if they are able to look at the rich trove of ruins and see it that way.

certainly the vegetation that will have grown up between the cracks in the sidewalk,
    will have become a principal source of nutrition.

once the worst has passed, whatever people still want, will remain to be rebuilt,
    and quite likely, if there are any humans at all,
    they will be too few to be able to do so as wrongly as we have.

if humanity survives to the end of this century,
    it will have learned valuable lessons it will not soon again forget.

the same ones, too many today, are still trying to deny.

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

Probably as shitty as it is today. I do predict an even greater shift between conservatives and liberals. I think liberals will do well and conservatives will try to bring Armageddon.

1 person likes this.
  20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It would be amazing if the world was M.E.A.N

3 people like this.