Has Anyone Ever Written A Song About You?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Fairlight, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

To your knowledge,has anyone ever written a song about you,or do you suspect someone may have tried to? If so,how would you feel about that.I ask because I have written songs or lines about people,admittedly a lot of songs are partial fictions,but still,I find this a kind of funnily poetic thing to do_Of course there are "I hate you songs".

2. Harpo

Harpo Member

Costes wrote a song about me in 1989, and Inca Eyeball did so in 1995. Other people have too, but they're not quite as legendary

3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Yes. One of my best friends from here wrote a song about me. It made me cry because he's so amazing. I love it.

4. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Yes. Two. Well, three technically I guess. One my bf at the time wrote. Wasn't bad. Just a little too cheesy for me.

The other was an ex out of bitterness wrote a rap song about me "ripping his heart out".

5. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I don't know of anyone writing a song about me but I've wrote about other people. I think one instance that may have been just as good as someone writing a song about me was the first time anyone ever covered one of my bands original songs. She was/is an incredible pianist/vocalist and she did one of our songs in her own style with my whole band in the audience. She's the kind of artist that makes a room stop talking so they can listen to her. I was honored and kind of humbled that she played one of our songs. It was so beautiful that it must be a similar feeling to hearing someone play a song about you. It wasn't "about" us but it kind of was because it was one of our songs.

6. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Yes, once. It was an instrumenal. It was humbling.i was honoured, and it is a beautiful piece.

7. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members