Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV' started by r0llinstoned, Mar 10, 2015.

1. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Danaerys is the best. Well she's got the best tits anyway.
    Altho' she could do with shutting up a bit...

Actually, I hope the disabled one wins. Or the ice-men. Or Khal Drogo comes back and wins.

Game of Thrones reminds me a lot of my university days. Lots of toffs, Northerners. And devious plum in the mouths wandering around cloisters with out of date clothes.
    I don't recall any dragons. Apart from two of my professors.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I watched the first episode and did not get interested. A few years later my sister said you have to see this show. I made myself watch a few episodes and now I am a big fan. There is so much going on you have to give it time to unfold. I can't wait for the new season.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes :p

My favourites became most of the Lannisters. But they grew on me. Jaime's character development is fun and intriguing and so is that of Tyrion, who is now pretty much the most despised person in the kingdoms even though his intent was not so bad. He even tried to rule quite fair when he had the function of the Hand.

When I read the books the house of Greyjoy and their main protagonist Theon was also one of my favourites. Those thieving bastards from the iron islands and that pride in that guy and what he did to the Starks in the end. Great. But he lost my favor a bit when he fell in the hands of lord Boltons bastard. I hope he will return to his old glory but it doesn't really look like it... Lord Bolton is quite a character as well, the banner of his house says it all.

And what about that old guy that rules the river lands :D And basically is responsible for the 'red wedding'. Of course I dig the more likeable characters like Ned Stark and Jon and Arya as well. But the series wouldn't be the same without all those quirky and shifty people. I mean who doesn't like Peter Baelish (who's house had no power at all but he made it big time). I also like that naivity that some have in knighthood or battle, like that wannabe king Renly Baratheon who marched with his army to war but held extensive tournaments along the way :D and of course his most loyal follower Brienne!

We have seen little in comparison of the house Hightower (and Florent and some others), who's far from the poorest or without power, but they do play a large role where it comes to who they alligning themselves with. They probably will play a bigger role in the story later. Same with Martell (Dorne). Too many cool characters and factions to pick one fav :D

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

1st 4 episodes leaked online last night

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

fucckkkk dat season finale ending scene

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

good season it was

7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Love this show and the season ending was full of cliffhangers. Given that the next book is not finished and may not be before the new season this could get really interesting. I am not sure how I feel about that.

I am waiting with a tapping foot for season 6........going to be a long wait with endless speculation about new plots. :)

8. r0llinstoned

So many questions now... by the way if u havent seen season 6 dont ready any further becuz spoilers..

What happened to aryas eyes?? I hope shes not blind.

and theon (reek) and sansa jumping off the castle? idk if they were comitting suicide or just trying to escape.

Theres a theory going around that jon snow will be back in some form. either revided by the red lady or as his dire wolf.

Idk if you guys are like reallllly into the show but yea those r some theories ive been reading about.

I really hope jon is able to come back, he was my favorite character along with arya.

9. Asmodean

In the books there were already far more hints of certain characters (including a Stark, no not Ned or Jon) getting revived. Not around the events of last season but far earlier. This was one of the main differences I noticed in the tv series (although some were included in the tv series too, main one I'm thinking of now is Beric Dondarrion.... who got revived several times by a priest of the same order as the red lady)

Also noticed what you could see of the face of the new member of the kings guard? Looked kind of blue (dead) to me! No clue who it is yet though. But he's really big.

And yeah, last scene of Sansa and Theon was strange to me. Looked not like an escape (well more like an final escape indeed). Damn these cliffhangers!! And that the tv series are differing from the books... well this is not bothering me as much as it can. It is just that I am now not sure how certain things in the series will go on. Like the books didn't leave enough cliffhangers on itself :p

Now I am not even sure which I want them (mainly G. Martin) to finish first. The books or the tv series :p

10. Asmodean

Mild spoiler alert!!

In the books Brienne never arrives at the walls of Winterfell or meets Stannis there.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcYeQMfxeas

12. r0llinstoned

For anyone who has watched the show AND read the books do you suggest that I start reading the books? ive only watched the show so far. But since i have to wait like 10 months for the next season I was thinking about reading the books. Or are they to different?

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Who has time to read books nowadays?

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i probably spend 30 minutes a day on the toilet. doesn't take me long at all to get through a book.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

actually, i end up averaging more toilet time when my current book is a good one.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dont think Big Jugs #36 counts as a 'book'

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, trying to get through a few eps today, its freakin cold and wet and rainy in Sydney

Errr, Irmusal is right there is too much talking to get through, its ok as a series, watchable

But i dont get why so many rave about it

Only up to the third ep season 2, but meh, give it a 6, maybe a 7 out of 10 so far

18. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

I love the show, except for the fact that it has deviated drastically from the novels.

19. Asmodean

I only recommend it if you like reading a series of books :p But yeah they are not TOO different, and will give you lots of extensive info on the happenings, the setting and the characters etc. There is just a lot more room for details than in the tv series. On the other hand, I can imagine that this will bore a different kind of games of thrones fan. But imo it reads really easy (comparing to certain other fantasy series like Lord of the rings, or Wheel of time) and I massively enjoyed the books. Far more than the show (which I think wouldn't be as enjoyable for me if I didn't read the books before. I mean it would still be entertaining but it goes to quick and touches some topics too lightly).
    As has been pointed there are some changes, but that definitely shouldn't stop you from reading.

20. r0llinstoned

Thank you for the response. I actually went ahead and bought the first book last night, looking forward to starting it.

1 person likes this.