How Quickly Does Fat Turn To Muscle

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by -Yggdrasil-, Mar 3, 2015.

1. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

and muscle into fat?

My weight fluctuates daily and yeah I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily but we have a big ass pallet weigh scale that's accurate and it's hard not to jump on the thing.

I can put on or lose up to 2 kg per day and wondering what actually causes that? As of Friday I weighed in at 99.5kg with all my gear on so I estimate close to 95keg. Lightest I've been in well over a year. I ate two shit meals over the weekend and along with my drinking rituals I felt heavy of course but started a lot of crunches and push up as well as weights over the last 3 nights. My diet has been good but I feel heavier and weighed in at 101kegs this morning.

So if I eat a dirty maccas meal does that add fat straight away where it'll be noticeable on the scales the day after and does hitting weights and building muscle have a noticeable outcome after a day?

1 person likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a hell of a lot slower then muscle turns to fat. eat more negative callory cookies.

3. rambleON

rambleON Coup

fat is fat, there is no transformation.

edit

you can burn fat and put on muscle, it's easy, just takes dedication, a good diet, work in the gym and rest. it's not too easy though or else everyone would be fit

most don't have dedication

1 person likes this.
  4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That's right. Fat never turns into muscle.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive a few quickies a day... not sure how that burns fat. but I eat like a pig sometimes. I really dont gain weight. I soon will , getting up in age, I doubt I can keep it off forever..

1 person likes this.
  6. rambleON

rambleON Coup

did not know they made those types of acorns

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

or HAVE a hell of a lot more gratifying things to do with their time and energy

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well if fat doesn't turn to muscle why do people bulk up before hitting the gym for months?

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They lift as they're bulking so the caloric surplus is used to build muscle with hopefully minimal fat gain. It has nothing to do with turning fat to muscle. However, the more muscle a person has, the more calories they burn because of increased metabolic demand. Once fat enters the fat cells it can either be stored or later burned for energy, but fat cannot be converted to muscle. That is a major misconception a lot of people have. Fat does not turn to muscle and muscle does not turn to fat.

To the OP:

Daily fluctuations in weight are usually due to water weight, whether you've recently went to the bathroom, whether you've recently eaten, etc. It's not a good idea to weigh yourself everyday, and daily fluctuations account for little in terms of muscle/fat loss or gain.

Gaining weight after eating McDonalds has entirely to do with caloric intake vs. expenditure -- not the quality of the food. If you take in more calories than you burn, you're going to gain weight whether those calories come from Big Macs or carrots (though you'd have to eat an awful lot of carrots to equal one Big Mac in terms of calories).

Does hitting the weights have a noticeable effect after a day? It can, but the real, most noticeable results are progressive. However, I have seen dramatic results in one day when I cycle carbs after a heavy weight session, mostly from muscle glycogen replenishment and not necessarily an increase in actual muscle mass.

3 people like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Okay thank you. :)

11. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Exactly.
    If you want to weigh yourself each day, it should also be at the same time. When I was training and obsessing about gaining weight, I would weigh myself every morning between my morning dump and eating breakfast, in my underwear. I don't recommend weighing yourself each day, but try to weigh yourself under the same conditions.

You're not going to notice any difference in your weight after 3 light workouts. Nor will you notice an immediate difference from eating crap food, unless you are eating a really excessive amount of it.

If you want to lose weight, it's very simple. First sort out your diet, then start on a structured exercise schedule.
    Use the Internet to your advantage, there is plenty of information.
    It's simple, but not easy. The most important part is diet. That alone would bring results over time. Not drinking also helps a lot, and if you have to drink, try to stick to clear spirits with no mixers.