What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha glad you finally found out what the 'bug' was! I didn't thought of that because I didn't become a vampire in Skyrim. A bit strange every person in the land is aware of it though before you even know you are one yourself :p
    I did got chased because I tried to help some guy in a prison though (by taking over his ring). It appeared the ring was cursed/hexed and turned me into a werewolf on irregular times...

With Uncharted I made an effort to play them in the right order but with AC I just was sold with the first game. Was kind of wary when the second came out (guns, renaissance italy: it just didn't seemed to have what I loved so much about the first one: hashasin order during the 3rd crusade. Sword fights with no gunpowder at all etc. .. but I was pleasantly suprised how they brought that setting to live :)). Then I had to play Brotherhood as well of course, and after that Revelations.
    Then I indeed went on with AC3 (american revolution) like a proper fanboy, played half of AC: Rogue, played the crap out of Black Flag. Then got my PS4 with AC Syndicate and borrowed Unity from my friend. Still have Syndicate waiting for me :p So yeah, I fully understand after playing them all (and in the chronological order even) that some people became tired of this franchise or really don't like some of the developments. I however am glad to have taken notice of all of them.
    Oh yeah didn't play any of those 2 dimensional ones. How did you find that China one, Topnotch?

I don't know for sure so I don't dare to tell you. With Star wars Battlefront (which I LOVE :p) I would say no. The single player stuff is fun too but you will miss a lot of game modes that are only available in online multiplay. Besides, (certainly on the long term) most of the fun is in online in that game. I suspect the last counts for Battlefield 1 as well.

About the Tombraider games: I didn't play most of those that came before the reboot neither! Just most of the first 3 over like a decade ago :p I saw reviews of the reboot and knew this game would suit me (like Uncharted and The last of us), I like this style of being led through most of the levels and action but have to puzzle and explore a bit as well. And how they tell the story. And of course the graphical improvements :) I also finished Tomb raider (the reboot) far too fast, and it was my main complain. The other thing we could nag on is that it took A LOT of inspiration of Uncharted (esp. the first one in regards to setting and some other details) but it didn't really bother most people because it was done well and was good fun too. Second one (Rise of the Tomb Raider) seems to do everything even slightly better! I'm not even half way but I surely recommend it to people who loved the reboot.

1 person likes this.
  2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

The second Uncharted game was actually the first one I played, and it's arguably the best of the series, tied with 4. The only thing I didn't like from the first 3 were the supernatural elements, which is why I love 4 so much.

​I never played the first AC. I'd like to, but I wish they would remaster it like they did the Ezio Collection, or at least a straight port to the PS4, because I don't have my PS3 anymore and I don't fuck with Steam.

AC Chronicles: China was actually pretty decent, but only for one playthrough, I'd say. It was worth the $5 I payed for it, so take that for what it's worth.

​I think I'll stay away from Battlefield 1 then. Too bad too, because those types of games would sell so much better if they catered to single player campaigns as they do multi. I'm definitely gonna get Rise of the Tomb Raider though, when the price drops.

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

To be fair uncharted 1 stole a lot fromore the original tomb raiders.

4. TopNotchStoner

Truth. There would be no Uncharted without Tomb Raider. At least, it would be much different and not nearly as good.

5. Asmodean

Uncharted wouldn't be the same without the inspiration they took from both Tomb raider AND Indiana Jones :p And it suits me fine :)

6. TopNotchStoner

True. When I describe Uncharted to someone, I don't say "it's like a male Tomb Raider". I compare it to a more modern Indiana Jones.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i'm not playing it as a game, i got it for the maps and the inspiration.
    paul kid's gene storm is a post eco-pocalyptic table-toper
    (meaning dice and rule book rpg)

my own world is much longer after the collapse,
    which happens much sooner from now,
    and is all about the environment, no wars required,
    but patooie was writing for the rp gaming crowd,
    which presumably this forum is about.
    so naturally he had to include all that demands,
    weapons, melee charts and rules and all that.

but he also managed to include in his setting, indeed build it around,
    what he calls the chop-shop virus,
    which basically means most living things,
    sapient and semi-intelligent beasts of burden alike,
    are multi-dna mash ups of differing species.

what to a chocobo, or a riding budgie?
    this is the place, and if you want a blaster rifle,
    cluged togather from salvaged scrap,
    and ruins to explore for stashes,
    of old tech we haven't invented yet,
    along with ah, mind altering substances,
    and mind altering plant animal hybreds,
    well there you go, this place has got em.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Has anyone tried The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild yet? I was a huge Ocarina fan in the day but have been disappointed by everything that has come out since.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The original Zelda game was one of the best I ever played. Second one sucked and because of that and Nintendos exclusive deals never gave or was able to give any Zelda games a chance since.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Working on getting legend status in every skill set in skyrim.
    Just have 2 magic and one handed and archery to go.

11. Asmodean

I have spend a couple of hours on the latest Sherlock Holmes. Good atmosphere, mediocre graphics (not really annoying: i was aware in advance). Got it with a 70% discount :)

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Forza 5, again... I hadn't played it for awhile, so I selected it from my games on the xbox one. It's a good race game, but I upgraded my vehicle out of its class.. don't know if this makes any sense. I upgraded wrong and wasted a bunch of the money I earned racing. I sort of wish it would have warned me before I spent all my earnings.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the second one's alright on an emulator, since you can save after every fight.

i loved all the top-down zeldas. original, link to the past, and link's awakening were all great. never got into any of the 3d ones.

do you pay for training or do it all naturally? it seems like natural would take forever.

i'm not very far into my current playthrough, but i've really only used four skills so far, and they're still not very high. 70 something in archery and sneak, and around 50 in light armor and lockpicking. i guess speech is probably nearing 40 too, since i sell a good amount of loot.

i finished the companions storyline a few days ago and now i'm trying to build a house so i can move the hell out of jorrvaskr, but furnishing a house requires about a million saber cat teeth, and there's no fucking saber cats in all of skyrim, and on the unbelievably rare occasion that one accidentally wanders across the border, it always has meth teeth or something so there's never one to extract. seriously, i've been saving all my saber cat body parts since i started the game, and i'm up to like 10 eyes and just one damn tooth.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Whatever it takes to level up I do.
    You can only buy 15 levels as far as I know though. Some skills are easy to upgrade though.
    Block? I have full dragon armor so I just get a tough enemy and hold block and watch the block skill level jump up.
    Sneak is another one you can cheat. Go to the greybeards and sneak behind them and hit them then heal them then hit them again.

Conjuguration however takes a painfully long time. I haven't figured out any quick cheats and it upgrades slowly.

Surprised you are so low in speach. Just sell everything you can grab or loot and it goes up in no time.

I am putting off freeing the dragon in dragon reach until I get all those skills to 100.
    Then I will start doing whatever missions I think will forward my progress in the game.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Not sure what the saber tooth thing is about. I must be on a different storyline. I just bought a house with shit I looted or smithed...

Speaking of which, Smith ingredients is another easy one to upgrade. Just buy all the warmaidens misc stuff each day and create whatever I can with it.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i'm just too lazy to take a bunch of trips to town to sell shit, so i only take loot that's semi-valuable. i don't know what your stamina's like, but i can currently only carry about 350 pounds at a time, and about 60 of that is my gear and potions that stay with me at all times, so when i do find a good loot filled dungeon, i end up not being able to carry everything out of there anyway. plus, right now i have a bunch of stuff stored away that i'm waiting to sell because only a few merchants buy it and they only carry so much money at any given time. i could travel from town to town, or wait 24 hours, but again i'm just too lazy to deal with that.

do you have all the expansions? in hearthfire, you can build your own house out in the countryside; that's what you need saber cat teeth for. you build the house, and then build furniture and decorations for it with various items that you can buy and/or find. it's glitchy if you don't do an entire room all at once though, and the first room i'm trying to do requires 4 saber cat teeth, so i have a huge empty house that i can't even begin to furnish until i find 3 more teeth.

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No expansions. It all makes sense now.

Do you get a companion to carry some shit for you?

18. Asmodean

Yeah just take a companion with you, leave him/her at the entrance of the dungeon if you don't like their help with other stuff than carry loot, then stuff your loot on them so you can carry more loot again.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ that's not a bad idea. i don't generally use companions since i'm playing a stealth character and all the followers seem to be awful at stealth. that, and it gets really annoying how every time i go to make a kill, my follower jumps in front of the enemy and takes the arrow just before it hits. they're not so bad when traveling cross country though. they're usually not even with me; i do a lot of rock climbing and since followers can't jump they always run off on some 3 mile detour to get to where i am.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Pretty much the same since I been trying to get my sneak up to 100. I stopped taking a companion now because of the reasons you mention^^^ there.

I have plenty of money now so I don't miss the loot carrying.