What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Those are some epic pics!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Have you guys gotten to the cutscene when you switch to Trevor and he's chasing a guy on a scooter? I laughed so hard I didn't realize what was happening and let the guy get away :D I started a new game just to get that random event to happen again! haha

Some people have said there's a cutscene in single player after completing the storyline where Trevor's naked and his wang's flopping around. Haven't seen that yet. I cringe at the thought, but somewhere deep down, I feel like I've gotta see it LOL.

*End Spoiler Alert*

Trevor's one hell of a character. Makes me think of Jack Nicholson.

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, not exactly that one I think. But when you switch characters they often appear to be doing their own thing at that moment (like coming out of a diner or theater etc.), and switching to Trevor can clearly give you a suprise. For example: you switch to him and plan to do a specific kind of thing only to find out you are cruising on the highway with 2 wanted stars and some cop cars chasing you. So you first have to lose them :p

1 person likes this.
  3. Terrapin2190

Yeahhh... I HATE it when that happens! :D

Every time, "Damn it Trevor!!"

4. Asmodean

Sometimes he's half naked and seems to be recovering from a hangover too. Throwing up in some kind of garbage bin or hanging on the side of the road. That's the few seconds you see him when you switch to him and then you can control him right away. I think it is one of those details that gives the game and characters some more depth. The only thing in GTA4 that gave that game slightly more depth and detail than 5 is the amount of buildings you can enter. Like a laundrymat, more bars and many restaurants. Though in 5 you have many convenient stores, it is one of the few things that can be entered the whole game apart from the savehouses of course.

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Omg and the ps4/ and also xbone, versions of GTA V are even better. I did have both a copy for the 360 too. They added in a first person mode for the new gen, and literally redid the whole game, so you could play in first person fluidly for every mission and action/animation.. fucking brilliant. I mean 360 is still a good version, but it does feel like night and day even between those two (Not trying to knock the 360's down, but it really is worth to repurchase for new gen)

1 person likes this.
  6. Asmodean

So I've heard :afro: I never buy games twice, but here I'm considering it! Morrowind is the only other game I bought for 2 systems (first xbox and pc). I'm also glad I haven't played The last of us yet (gonna save it for next gen)

2 people like this.
  7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

"Scooooter brother! Where we goin' now scooter brother? We will go on an adventure, and adventure of scooters..."

It's not actually a cut scene, it's just one of the weird scenarios that Trevor happens to be involved when you switch to him.

Fucking hilarious. Yeah he's hard to keep up with if you don't pay attention. I think they gave him a slightly faster scooter than the one Trever's riding when that happens.

1 person likes this.
  8. Terrapin2190

"Hey there scooter brother!!!" [​IMG]

Yeah, I'd save The Last of Us for next gen console. That game is fricken EPIC! Greatest single player campaign ever made I think. The combination of intense action and stealth gameplay is what got me. I've been wanting to play it again, but every time I start a new game, it just takes so long to get into the better part of the story. Or for the story to really 'get going'?

Morrowind was great! I think Oblivion is my favorite tho. I put more than 250 hours into that game on Xbox. Skyrim is fantastic too, but Oblivion was fricken cool. If they would update the menu system to that of Skyrim's interface, MAN! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I never did play the Shivering Isles portion of the game. The only thing I remember that I didn't like is that they did away with levitation. Morrowind had a better atmosphere in that regard. Being able to levitate to hidden portions in caves or floating fortresses. I've been wanting to buy Oblivion again, but every time I think about it, I think to myself "Is that really a good idea??" :D When I play that game, I get stuck on it for like 8 months at a time. I played it for 2 years, put it down and went back and played for another 2 years or so. Never did finish the storyline :D I always get too wrapped up in sidequests with those damn Bethesda games.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I accidentally killed scooter brother once. I had been following him for a long time on the highway (so I could hear all the things Trevor would say) and this SUV cut me off, getting between me and scooter brother, so I pulled out my sawed-off and shot out a tire on the SUV but there must have been a couple of stray pellets because scooter brother went down and got run over by the SUV . RIP scooter brother....

10. Terrapin2190

Sorry scooter brother... looks like we're taking a trip to the desert! :D

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

12. Terrapin2190

I've seen that game on Steam I think? Is it by the same people that made the flash games? There's a series of Grow flash games that are really cool. Kind of a process of elimination/evolution type thing. There's like 10 of em I think.

I just found an original copy of Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast at the library. Picked it up for a dollar! Pretty damn sweet deal, there's tons of mods for it, great graphics considering it's a game from 2002. Immersive first person shooter action, automatic switch to 3rd person when using your lightsaber. Nothing like the old FPS games comparing to crap like Call of Duty. There's just something about the atmosphere and game mechanics with things like Jedi Knight and Duke 3D. The soundtrack is great as well! Complete immersive experience if you ask me with the symphonic background tunes reminiscent of the Star Wars series. Plus the glow of lasers and lightsabers for eye candy haha.

I'd highly recommend it even with it being more than a decade old. And to think, I JUST started playing Dark Forces 2 again.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Dude I had such a great time with Jedi Knight II and III (Jedi Academy)! It was over 10 years ago though :p I tried to play them again later on the first xbox, so without any updates or mods and being the graphics whore that I am I could not enjoy it again to the same extent... :( Ever since I played Jedi knight I have been dissappointed with other Star wars games like Force unleashed etc. You are right about the atmosphere and how it plays, the levels, the sound, the lightsaber fights. For Star wars fans it was the best. I've been wanting for years to be the new Star wars game(s) to be more like Jedi Knight Outcast and Academy (but with todays standards)! Not sure how well it can look with all the updates/mods and it really looked awesome back in the day but now the original version looks quite shitty imho.

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I don't think they have anything to do with flash games, Grow Home is by Ubisoft / Reflections. Reflections has been around since the mid 80's and known for ground breaking games. They made Distruction Derby and Driver, which paved the way for other developer games like GTA. It is a steam game but I think I'm playing a beta rip, it's really quirky and only works on one of my PC's with an older video card actually. It's something different and quite fun anyway.

15. Terrapin2190

Do you still have Outcast? I think there are still servers up and running and there are also graphical improvements... that I haven't tested out yet. Not sure if they're strictly for multiplayer or work with single player campaign too. QFX adds motion blur and light bloom which look really good and give sort of a 'mock-HD' look from what I've seen on YouTube. There are a few others and some really nice looking animated skyboxes for MP too.

I also ran across a vid for The Old Republic, which I think is part of the JK series? I only saw an animated movie sequence from the game, but looks like something to get into.

Oh man, Destruction Derby was my game back in the day! I still want to get my 360 repaired or get a 360 Elite so I can play the 'newest' Flatout again. That game was AWESOME!

16. Asmodean

I still have those 2 jedi knights games, but for the first xbox. So they can't be improved like a pc version I think. They were top notch at their release but now I see too many pixels and ugly shapes. Yeah, I'm spoiled.

When you say The Old Republic I take it you mean Knights of the Old Republic? That's an entirely different series. Pure roleplaying and turn based action (made by Bioware). Besides it is set 4000 years earlier in the Star wars universe than the movies and the Jedi knight stories.

17. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Cleaning the gunk out of my WSAD keys in preparation for "Medal of Honor: Revival Edition"

I guess it's old enough to where it's become abandonware now and some kind coders have revamped the series into a free & easy 1 click install with some aded fixes and post-Gamespy server matching abilities.
    Amazed to see a few of the same servers hosting that I used to play on 7-10 years ago.

18. Terrapin2190

Nice! I remember the Medal of Honor games. I was never a big fan, I prefer more Strategy and Simulation type games, but that's pretty cool that they compiled a 1 click installer. Gotta love an easy retro install. Wish someone would do that for Civilization 2! I can't figure out for the life of me how to install it. My best guess is to try installing via XP Mode and applying updates, transfer the game folder back over to Win7. Might just work.

I don't keep up with the whole Star Wars timeline. More of a trek fan, but the Jedi Knight series is pretty sweet. I'd like to get Jedi Academy. Seems like there are a lot more versatile mods out there for JA. I read somewhere tho, that the saber fighting style is different in each one. Still haven't checked out multiplayer yet, but a majority of the graphics-related mods are based on multiplayer. Which is a shame, since the storyline is so great! The 'bloody dismemberment' mod looks fun tho :D Saw a few youtube vids of people chopping up stormtroopers lol.

Lately I've been playing The Sims 2. Found out, if you have the base game or a variant like Double Deluxe, just call up EA Games and they give you the Ultimate Collection! I called em up and got like $200 worth of free games! Been playing that and Command and Conquer Generals. Which also has a ton of great mods.

I want to get a new computer with better processor and graphics card so I can play Anno 2070 and Settlers 7.

19. Terrapin2190

Hah! I love your signature. That's fkn hilarious! :D

20. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Not as funny without the sig pic but "it was too big" according to some. :D

truth.jpg