What Games Are You Playing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Terrapin2190, Feb 28, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

downloaded a sprite sheet for the original legend of Zelda.

just noticed that when link holds his shield in the opposite hand depending on whether he's facing right or left so that the programmers can use only one set of sprites for weapon use.

2. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

Just download Oddworld - New n Tasty, make some tea, order pizza's, smoke bud'z and play like all night ) Back to 1997 ) So perfect reincarnation of a genius game )

1 person likes this.
  3. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Always have Skyrim games going
    Recently got Elder Scrolls Online, it's decent as a game, but doesn't replace elder scrolls

I like to replay the Mass Effect trilogy while speculating for the new one
    On the that note, I started Dragon Age Inquisitions for PS4

I have 360, PS4, and Mac, probably play them all about equally

4. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I was having fun with Munch's Oddysee for a while. I would love to see someone mod that game into more of an RPG. There was some game on PC that was similar to Abe's Oddyssey. It got released on a few other console systems too I believe... (googling it lol) Blackthorne! (jeez! took me an hour and a half to think of the name!)

Here's a link if you want to check it out
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/blackthorne.html

I think Blackthorne and Abe's Oddysee/Exxodus might be where they got some inspiration for Lone Survivor: Director's Cut on Playstation. Perhaps a bit of Silent Hill too?

5. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

6. Terrapin2190

As far as MMO's go, I used to play this game called Dofus a lot. My PC can barely handle that though, and it's mostly 2D :D

Pretty fun tho, mostly tactical style RPG, your character can acquire certain jobs like woodcutting, gathering, etc etc and level up those skills along with fighting and other more standard RPG elements. The monsters and artwork in the game are pretty noteworthy imo.

http://www.dofus.com/en

7. rocketman88

rocketman88 Supporter HipForums Supporter

I noticed that as well , I also played on the orginal pc version

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

havent worked on my game in a while, my motherboard died and i had to RMA it, just recently got the new one installed. i had to spend a good part of an evening just looking over the code i had written to refamiliarize myself with how it worked again. I will say i lost some momentum, when i left off i had a lot of fresh ideas about how i was going to implement some things .. oh well.

i did get some sprites for link, got the walk and the sword animation working ... well, the walk animation works, the sword animation
    technically works but it doesnt look right. The sprite sheet that i have is kinda weird, like thats not how i would have made it and im not sure what the general scheme is. The sprites are 32x32 pixels, with like 30 between each one, but when you get to the sword animations its different, when you go to that row the spacing is different. I have to write code that will copy only the correct pixels for each frame in the animation, in order ... so youd really want the layout to be consistent. maybe it actually is, and i just dont see it yet.

ive gotta figure that out tho, and not dig a hole for myself. i might just chop the sprite sheet up into rows and columns so that everything is even multiples of the width of the sprite to make the alignment easier.

the deeper i get though, the more involved it gets. probably wont ever finish it because of how much work it would be. i thought that zelda was kinda a small game but its still a lot of work.

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Bloodborne and it is kicking my ass. I have not played it in a few days due to rage though.

10. Bob Raven

Bob Raven Members

11. Sleeping Caterpillar

Is anyone here playing new gen?

12. Terrapin2190

I've stopped playing games at the moment. I've been busy learning "The Way of the Penguin" (aka Linux/Ubuntu), building a custom recovery partition (success!!) and customizing Windows. My PC looks AWESOME now! I'll probably start a thread about it :p

I've still been 'looking' for games though. If anyone's into the old Command & Conquer series, the first 3 games are freeware now. I just downloaded "Dawn of the Tiberium Age" from Moddb.com which is a mod that runs Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert on the Tiberian Sun engine. I have yet to play it, so I'm not sure if campaign modes are available yet. That would be AWESOME if they are though. I never did care much for multiplayer with C&C. Getting absorbed into the storyline was always the strong point for me.

Here's the link!
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
    Just click 'Downloads' on the top portion.

This one's pretty cool, it's called Legend of Princess. It's like a more action-based Legend of Zelda type thing? This guy's got a couple other pretty neat games on his website as well.

http://konjak.org/index.php?folder=4&file=11

Also, the creator of the Knytt games has quite a few diff freeware games on his website. The Knytt games are very chill, you run around huge worlds looking for items in certain locations. Usually in order to repair your spaceship so your character can return home if I remember correctly. Worth the download if you're into that sort of relaxed gameplay.

http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt

13. Terrapin2190

Oh! I forgot to mention Super Mario Bros. X! It's a free standalone SMB engine. Completely moddable and there are some really neat mods out there for it. Usually, all you have to do is extract the game into a folder on your PC, then open the mod's .zip file and extract it either into the SMBX folder or into the 'worlds' folder.

Super Mario Bros. X Homepage
    http://www.supermariobrosx.org/
    Click on "SMBX WORLDS" to view a few user-created mods

SMBX on RPGmaker.net
    http://rpgmaker.net/games/?engine=14&status=3&rating=&commercial=&sort=&portal=None
    I'd recommend Mario Prime and the Super RMN Bros. mods

Also, a small game I enjoyed from RPGmaker was a game called Fey. It's relatively short. I completed it in about 5-10 hours, but it is rather good for an action RPG. It left me wanting more.

Fey
    http://rpgmaker.net/games/778/

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Hot Line Miami. It's a very trippy game where you are an assassin. I have no idea what is going on but I think that is the point. Pretty bloody but it's done in the old school Nintendo graphical style so it does not look as bad. I am sure if the graphics were modern people would have complained about it more.

15. Sleeping Caterpillar

Finished the ps4 version of sleeping dogs,
    An undercover agent of a Chinese gang in Hong Kong that rises through the ranks, gonna miss this one. I don't see much replay value in it tbh, but the scenery was very fun to get into, like a dumbed down version of GTA in Hong Kong, with assassin's creed fighting mechanics (ie counter moves/attacks). It's neat to have a game out there not focused on being a shooter, and it's unique in this aspect since it's also set in a modern city, not medieval/pre-guns era. Hong Kong is very strict about weapons, and in a small condensed area, a gun shot can be heard by anyone. Guns are in the game minimally, as the tension builds up, but all in all a nice alternative to the traditional shooter rpgs.
    [​IMG]

Seems most of the best new gen games so far have actually been port overs or remasters of older works and hopefully that'll be soon to change this summer :)

1 person likes this.
  16. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

any of you guyz play android games?? found this small addictive game called spaceout. it's a cross between galaga and breakout w/ powerups. I don't have a pc, all I have is android/emulator games.

17. Terrapin2190

I've got that on PS3 via a friend's acct. I never really got into it, but the screenshot looks pretty sweet. I wish they would remake or make a sequel to this game I played on Xbox. I can't remember the name for the life of me... but it was a somewhat open-world fighting game. You'd just go around fighting random people standing around and after you beat them, they'd join your team and you'd be able to use their characters with their own unique fighting styles. Small quests here and there, though the open-world was quite small compared to today's standards or even Vice City. Let me see if I've got it in the other room...

Ahh! Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance! Great game back in the day. Enclave was good too! (Looking at my old collection lol)

I've been playing a bunch of different Android games. Reaper is a fun one. Dark RPG/Platformer type game. (Space) Expedition is another really fun dark platformer. Monument Valley is kind of like Fez, 2D/3D shapeshifting platformer. I like it more than Fez actually since it creates impossible shapes as you shift the environment around in order to progress through the levels. There are a lot of great games on the Android platform! They even surpass the quality of some console games and tons of great retro/pixel based games too! Gotta love that.

I haven't been playing much lately. Trying to perfect my computer's hard drive lately lol.

18. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

GTA V
    There are no other games. Until Rockstar develops a better one.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I got GTA 4 awhile ago (because once I will be finished with my xbox360 I will not play older games like these so i'll play the ones I got a little bit interest in now I stil have my 360) and have been playing it for awhile. A good and fun game but when you play it after you played GTA5 you will definitely notice the massive improvements in GTA 5,

Had a friend over to chill last night and we just played singleplayer GTA4. After a while we thought let's try GTA5 now because it looks and plays even better. It was a few months since I got 5 in and was instantly impressed again! It is (still) really really good. I still am considering IF :D I get a next gen console to get the touched up rerelease.

1 person likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Intriguing and I don't think I heard of this game before!