Is Weed More Potent Today?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Motion, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I think with the advent of skunk then yes weed can be more lethal today.Chemicals are often added in the growing process to make it stronger.This is unnecessary.Natural grown weed can be a beneficial medicine,but some of the stuff around today is way too potent.I like light green homegrown myself,just like grown in a secluded garden.The strong stuff just fucks with my schizophrenic.I never say never,and smoke occasionally.It cab work as a real hat cleaner,if you know what I mean.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

you think anyone tried smoking any? chemical tests can tell you a lot about weed, but nothing beats actually smoking it in order to discern some of the subtler differences between weeds.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's one hell of a "getting lost on the way to the men's room"... Must'a been some good shyt.

2 people like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Bud D

Bud D Member

I don't think weed is more potent. I do believe your average bud floating around is more potent, but that's a matter of quality. People learned to clone keepers and select from hybrids for breeding. It's likely that it would be rare to find a 30% thc landrace in the jungle. It is so much easier to find one potent plant or more, from hybrids breed from hybrids...it's just a matter of selection.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

If dealers are putting chemicals on herb to make it more potent...then the herb is not more potent.

Personally, I only smoke organic homegrown and I find it to be much better quality than the herb I smoked in my youth.

7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

It's a myth.
    Chemical fertilizers maybe.. the only problem with them is when the grower doesn't flush it out of the plants long enough before harvest time. And it doesn't make the weed any stronger than organic fertilizer.

8. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I stand corrected.I am really not an expert on marijuana.I don't really like it that much it fucks with my head,but it turns up from time to time.

9. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

People in the 60s and 70s were smoking bush where the more potent stuff is hydro and there are a lot more typs s like purple haze and stuff like that

1 person likes this.
  10. Gongshaman

Nonsense, I smoked lots of bud in the 70's. You'll never know how good Columbian gold was or Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxacan Gold, Acapulco Gold, Jamaican,Thai stick, African, Afghani black hash... and it was all a LOT cheaper than today.

1 person likes this.
  11. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

What makes you think Hydro is more potent? I have heard people say that so many times, lol. Hydro is just a growing method, it doesn't change the THC levels...I don't think. Am I wrong?

I'm pretty sure the strain is the most important, then knowing how to grow, not cutting corners, and knowing the proper way to harvest, that affects potency, not the growing medium.

3 people like this.
  12. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

To thepodu

I am sorry if I spelt your name wrong

but I had to say this for other people who are like me and feel like they are missing a few brain cells can some kind person who understands this please explain what most of the last half of this is trying g to tell me there are just to many words that I can't understand sorry but I had to do it

"The Yanghai Tombs near Turpan, Xinjiang-Uighur Autonomous Region, China have recently been excavated to reveal the 2700-year-old grave of a Caucasoid shaman whose accoutrements included a large cache of cannabis, superbly preserved by climatic and burial conditions. A multidisciplinary international team demonstrated through botanical examination, phytochemical investigation, and genetic deoxyribonucleic acid analysis by polymerase chain reaction that this material contained tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive component of cannabis, its oxidative degradation product, cannabinol, other metabolites, and its synthetic enzyme, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, as well as a novel genetic variant with two single nucleotide polymorphisms. The cannabis was presumably employed by this culture as a medicinal or psychoactive agent, or an aid to divination. To our knowledge, these investigations provide the oldest documentation of cannabis as a pharmacologically active agent, and contribute to the medical and archaeological record of this pre-Silk Road culture.

1 person likes this.
  13. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

personally,I like a bit of good hash.Seems mellower to me.

14. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

Sorry if I offended but I just commented what I have learnt from my elders in my FAM as I am only 25 but I have tried a strain in both ways as bush and hydro and found the hydro stronger but in saying this I did fin that for the same price I got more of the Bush and it did last longer and they are two difrent highs just like when u have a j and a bong but I don't smoke anymore due to the fact that for some reason just the smell makes me want to be sick don't know why it is a great pain killer and I like the smell but my body just doesnt.

but with saying this one of my friends said that when he went to america he found that the weed there was stronger than here in Australia act ( Canberra ) and he also found that the high lasted longer and that tells me that the weed strangth is different all over the world and no hydro is not really a new thing but here in Canberra the way the do hydro is changing oh and yes they do but other things on the weed here so that it gets stronger they cote it in other buds that have been found up and put in some sticky liquid after it has been picked and I have eavern Hurd of cases where people have bought weed and it has had that Coting I just mentions before but there is a verry big difference the have also added things like cocaine and acid as well as meth and in a Berry slight number but I have Hurd of some people getting all three and and one more mdma and almost dieing on the first bong woke up in the hospitals 3 days later so that is what I know

15. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

Sorry for my spelling every time I type something my phone changes where I'm typing so I am sorry

Also one of the reasons I don't smoke is I was one of the people who got a drug cocktail but mine didn't make me end up in hospital I just puked my guts up for about 5 hours and was seeing shit like people around had purple skin and I lost the ability to use my legs withing the first 4 min after a bong and I only smoke green and do about 5 in a 3 hour span but this was my first one and I was camping out in the bush with no phone access and I was the only one who could drive the car this has only been happening in the last 2 years that I know of SK please be careful of what u are buying if u come to Australia but in saying that it is still illegal tho in Canberra u are allowed to grow one plant per house for personal use

16. Gongshaman

17. Gongshaman

18. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

Thank you I have a lot of trubble with words that big

19. GoLenne

GoLenne Members

Well I know its not so just giveing people a heads up I Raven went back to the guy who gave it to me and he told me exactly what it was in it. And since then pot makes me sick so.

20. Gongshaman