Carb Refeeds

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pressed_Rat, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I have decided to temporarily abandon my Standard Ketogenic Diet and incorporate carb refeeds in my quest to get down to 10% body fat. I still follow a high fat / low carb diet 70-80% of the time, except now I incorporate one to two high carb days a week. What this does is basically reset hormones like leptin, which is responsible for telling your body how much fat to store. It is also known as the satiety hormone. A Standard Ketogenic Diet is great for anyone with a lot of weight to lose, but to really get lean I have found that it's almost necessary to incorporate carbs into the diet, at least in a very strategic and periodic basis.

So tonight I did an intense two-hour session, which is almost twice as long as my usual routine. Tonight I did a full-body workout and pretty much covered all the bases. I followed it up with a protein shake, but without the heavy cream I normally use in conjunction with coconut-almond milk. I keep my fat lower on high carb nights, so I omitted the cream and used only the coconut-almond milk. I followed that up with a large Pink Lady apple, a Hail Merry chocolate almond butter tart. Now I've got a few bags on rice cooking up which I am about to eat in the next couple of minutes, along with about a half pound of grass-fed roast beef.

I am looking forward to the results over the coming weeks.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Interesting! I'm already posting here so it will pop up in my new posts when you're posting results :p Good luck I guess! :)