Mr. Spock Has Died

Discussion in 'People' started by skip, Feb 27, 2015.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

1 person likes this.
  2. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

[​IMG]

R.I.P. Leonard, thanks for all the entertainment in my youth.

3. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I find it hilarious that people in Canada are drawing hair and eyebrows on their currency to make it look like Spock :D

My mom informed me that William Shatner went to a fundraiser instead of Leonard Nimoy's funeral procession. How sad... Shatner's a funny guy, but I find no humor in that.

I didn't know he smoked.

4. Shale

Shale ~

Shatner has never been a very likeable guy and fans are quick to fault him for not being as immersed in Star Trek as they think he should. But, as he said in that SNL skit to a bunch of shocked "Trekkies" at a comicon "It is only a TV show - Get a life!"

He had a long-standing scheduled appearance at a Red Cross fundraiser. So, had he canceled that to attend Nimoy's funeral the news would have been "Shatner disappoints fans at necessary fundraiser." It's called YOU CAN'T WIN.

This is what ppl fail to consider with actors who are together as "family" in a sit come or sci-fi show or movie series. It is their job, they are paid to appear together. And while some real friendships do form, not every actor who spends time together on the set is destined to become close.

I have been at my present job for over 15 years. Some of my co-workers have died in that time frame and I have not attended anyone's funeral. Some I have gotten close to and I would likely tag along with mutual friends from work to their funeral, but luckily, so far they haven't died.

3 people like this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good point!

Supporting Red Cross isn't that bad of an alternative either. I mean who has more use for his attendance?

6. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Yeah I can understand that. I neither hold him highly or lowly for not attending. The fundraiser was for a good cause and if he had scheduled to be there months in advance and not showed, it would be hell getting the media off his back about that. I'm sure Nimoy, being a public media figure as well, would understand. Live long and prosper though... what a phrase to be famous for. Hah, I had no idea he was in "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers."

7. WOLF ANGEL

If you didn't know that Terrapin ... You won't believe this LOTR homage :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

8. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Remember the time when Kirk stole Spock's bike?

http://youtu.be/9nxcw7ln9AU

LOL

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'm disappointed that PR isn't here with a rant about how he was actually terrible.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nimoy did serve in the Army reserves. ..

[​IMG]

But he was just a pawn.. ;)

11. WOLF ANGEL

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If he would I expected it more to be about how these movies are just entertainment made only to distract us from the truth.

13. WOLF ANGEL

Any insight would be enlightening ............ or not?!?!

14. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

They're all a bunch of lawers trying to get attacked so they can sue for damages (quick cash).

15. WOLF ANGEL

Sounds about right - I saw a Louis Theroux documentary about them once - they are clearly entrenched within their own mind - I saw that one of their family members had be disowned for opting for a more 'conventional' lifestyle - they seem so under an illusion that is well flawed - You never know with these TV things if they are hyped up for sensationalism

16. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

He will be missed. :p