Mr. Spock Has Died

Discussion in 'People' started by skip, Feb 27, 2015.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

[​IMG]

Hotwater

2 people like this.
  2. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

A classic moment from Star Trek TOS episode 2x24 The Ultimate Computer

http://youtu.be/dOjxuxlduoc

To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die.

— Thomas Campbell

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

:(

4 people like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ I had to "like" this even though I don't really like it... Touching pic.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Yes, it is very touching..

6. broony

broony Banned

rest in peace.

I not followed any of the actors for years... he was 83... damn

7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Even Vulcans have to go sometime.

Possibly Spock is the most iconic sci-fi character ever. Certainly the most iconic alien.

The fact that he lived to be 83 with COPD gives me some hope as I have the same condition.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Stealth blessings! Yes.

9. Shale

Shale ~

Tributes from Colleagues

[​IMG]

Walter Koenig, in an essay for Time Magazine, pays tribute to Leonard Nimoy. Always candid, Koenig reveals he knew Spock, the character, before he got to know Nimoy, the man.

The eulogies for Leonard will be affirmative, loving and respectful. That’s what people confirm after the passing of others, whether or not they draw an accurate picture. It is my honor to say that in this case it’s true; Leonard Nimoy was all those things.

He had great professionalism as an actor. On the set he was consistently the character he played. In fact, I got to know Mr. Spock long before I knew the actor who played him. It was a mark of his integrity that he was so loyal to the role he portrayed. When I finally did get to know the man better I discovered his compassion, his intelligence and his humanity. All of which laid the foundation for his keen sense of philanthropy.

I was struck by his integrity and his desire to be honest and straight forward in all he did. We were never close friends but I never stopped believing that if I ever had need for such a friend he would be there.
    Walter Koenig

[​IMG]

Kate Mulgrew, Star Trek: Voyager's Captain Janeway, has joined the long line of Trek luminaries to pay tribute to the late Leonard Nimoy. She posted a statement on her official Facebook page on March 1 that read as follows:

Leonard Nimoy had dignity, gravitas, a witty and irreverent sense of humor, and an intelligence of exceptional size and dimension. In conversation, I always felt as if I couldn't afford to miss a word of what he was saying because he never failed to say something that sprang from a deeply authentic and original spirit. As an artist, his contributions have been inestimable. As a man, he stood quite dramatically alone in his singularity, and that can be said of very few.
    KM

3 people like this.
  10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Coupled with an overt benediction. I think as a group our longings come out in our pop culture. We are star gazers.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah that explains why there rarely is a hollywood movie without a romantic subplot :p

1 person likes this.
  12. thedope

Or what I call the obligatory love scene.

13. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Why do I feel next to no emotion about this.

14. thedope

Your predominate emotional state is engendered by other considerations at the moment. Confused is the state you are claiming.

My own feeling is not in sadness in passing but in joy of knowing and I also feel the connection of community in our common imagination and cultural experience.

1 person likes this.
  15. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Nicely put.The common experience of TV watching leads us to many subjective experiences.I now see I have an abiding affection for this Mr Spok.Leonard Nimoy was someone I didn't know for the largest part.Today television suffers terrible.It has my sympathy.

16. thedope

That was before the time when media moguls were attempting to influence or fabricate consent and we were much more about experimenting with television and integrity in journalism, and we got for the first time in that era live coverage or at least up to date independent media reports on battle conditions during the vietnam war.

There is another element to our relationship with spock and that is the science fiction genre itself inspires imagination.

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  18. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"The Adventure Continues"!

19. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

RIP Leonard ....

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

7 people like this.