Worn Out Clothes Fetish?

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by slartibartfas0815, Feb 22, 2015.

1. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I like to wear worn out clothes myself. My jeans are ripped, my sneakers falling apart. I like to walk barefoot or in cheap flip flops in summer. But I really like it when women dress like that.

That's how I met my current gf. Saw her walking down the streets wearing a really worn out sweater, loose jeans (slipping down every step, she had to pull them up all the time) and completely trashed fake UGGs (she walked besides the soles at the heels, large holes there, right one was taped in the front). I had to try to date her. :)

Most people would dislike that, I know. I found it rad.

Well, I approached her, we had a few dates and are together now for three months. Turned out she's a freegan and all her clothes were either given to her or she found them somewhere. She's very much into dumpster diving, free shops and stuff like that. Volunteers at a free kitchen. Spend the most time the last years in squats.

She told me she found the UGGs in a trash bin next to a shoe store, for example. Before that she walked barefoot, had no shoes. :)

She wears leggings with holes, ripped dresses, sweaters with the cuffs coming off. And most of the time the jeans she wore as I saw her first. Now they are becoming threadbare everywhere and I like the thought to witness the deterioration ...

Well, that's my confession ...

1 person likes this.
  2. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

That's quite a fun confession!
    I can relate to some of that in a sense that I like to appear anti-fashion or main stream. I do it to the point of obsession that goes beyond a healthy hippie 'couldn't care less' attitude.
    I take great 'pride' in attempting to visually separate myself from the masses. I don't wear shoes, I have leg and foot tattoos etc. I wear a lot of home made clothes or alternative styles. I have dreadlocks and splash on far too much perfume oil. All this is an attempt to create an image rather than just 'being'.
    Honestly I aspire and would love to just be the free spirit I portray, however my dislike of modernity and pop culture drives my obsessive appearance. At the core am I much different from a self obsessed dolly-bird? I don't really think so :)

Shayla x

1 person likes this.
  3. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

:)

Sounds great. Are you barefoot even now in winter?

I think you are as far as I read your posts. :)

edit: I'd like to be barefoot again and hope for warmer weather soon (we had snow here a few days ago). My shoes are falling apart literally, can barely keep them on my feet anymore.

4. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Yeah sure I'm barefoot now even in winter. I've got used to it in way that being chilly is now a preference to the feeling of wearing shoes x

Shayla x

5. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Very cool ... perhaps I'll try it sometimes, too. :) I was wearing flip-flops in the snow before, but not completely barefoot.

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I really like the look of worn out, fitted jeans on women. I think it is incredibly sexy. I also have a thing for old t-shirts.....

I do think it is important to have a few nice pieces though, just in case you have an engagement or function that requires you to dress up a bit.

I used to live in jeans and a t-shirt, but lately I prefer a little dress or skirt, or workout clothes and sneakers.

1 person likes this.
  7. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Well, you are right, I admit that. But at the moment I'm a student and working from home, so no need for dressing up. My gf dresses not much different and I can't think of a situation I'd need to dress up right now.

In emergency situations I could still borrow some clothes somewhere or get something at a second hand store or alike ...

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I LOVE second hand store shopping, especially for jeans. I love that the jeans are already broken in and worn, not stiff like brand new jeans.

In my experience, the best way to break in a pair of new jeans is to have a nap in them. Works every time.

I'd prefer to buy second hand jeans though.

1 person likes this.
  9. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I'll definitely go for second hand jeans. But only if I can't wear my old ones anymore. At the moment I still can ... ;)

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Well with how clothes FEEL LIKE FUCKING CRAP now,I understand you wanting to keep wearing stuff you like regardless!!

1 person likes this.
  11. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Yeah and since I work from home I can wear what I want, no matter how worn out and raggedy it is ... :)

12. erikat

erikat Newbie

I'm out of likes today, but +1 for trashing q:

1 person likes this.
  13. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Good point. :)

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Every damn thing I own is worn out, not because of any fetish but because I'm cheap as hell. :D

1 person likes this.
  15. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

I go in rags and tatters and my gf as well. We like it. :)