Anyone Still Around From The Old "young Hippies" Forum?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Tortheviking, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Tortheviking

Tortheviking Member

So last night for whatever reason this forum crossed my mind. I used to hang out on it constantly over a decade ago. I read through some of my old posts, and they were so incredibly embarrassing and horrifying that it was really hard for me to connect myself to the person that wrote them. I guess I was just a real lonely and angry kid.

So I guess I'm sort of embracing this nostalgic curiosity (I'm amazed I was able to retrieve my password, haha), and wanted to see if there are any folks from back then still around here. If so, I probably owe you an apology! haha.

It's interesting for me to think about what a weirdly big part of my childhood this message board was, and I'm wondering if anyone else can relate. I'm also really glad this site still exists and basically looks the same! haha

-Tristan

2 people like this.
  2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Welcome back. It doesn't look the same to me... :)

There's lots of ppl still around from the old days. And now they're all old... like me.

Funny how many ppl. from back then have asked to have their posts removed.

Those are the ones worried about spouses or employers seeing what they wrote when they were kids.

Who cares? Ppl are judged way too much by the crap they post online...

2 people like this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I thought they all left when young hippies section was renamed whiners .....

1 person likes this.
  4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Nah, they just kept whining...

1 person likes this.
  5. WadleysOFP

WadleysOFP Member

Been here for a long time, had embarrassing posts.. I'm older, over it, glad I remembered the login, and yeah it does look the same.

6. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

Do NOT be hard on yourself Tristan. We all get pissed off and say things we later regret now and then.

7. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

haha I know what you mean :daisy: reading back what I wrote over a decade ago is strange. Time changes, we were young :crowngrin:

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I still make embarrassing posts.

2 people like this.
  9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"Growing old(er) is compulsory - Growing up however, is for those whose yearning for Adventures has waned into apathy ... keeping the faith and flying the flag" (even if it is a bit worn now) - "That's the way" :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I can't believe how long I've been here! Four years or so...And yes I've made some major boo boos...I sometimes reveal too much personal detail,as in being a mixture of closet/extrovert.But hey it's all forgotten by tomorrow.Better out than in I say.

2 people like this.
  11. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

We all make them - and (speaking from personal experience) opening mouth (/writing in haste) before engaging brain
    But as Bobby Goldsboro sang in "Honey" - "What the heck" - old posts can make one - l o l :)

12. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Yeah it surprises me when I get a like from about a year ago...

1 person likes this.
  13. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Yep, used to be "Caitlin" around 2002-2005 ish?

14. Happy Art Girl

Happy Art Girl Member

I also haven't been on here for a while, it's good to be back, and I am glad I am not the only one who gets embarrassed looking back on old posts!

15. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

I am as well..and to be honest.....it's a good feel feeling..hippies stay youg in their heart...because they remember this song...
    for all you...not a memory perhaps?but..for me..it's a live song...and always will be...It belongs to the true spirit of this forum..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I0vkKy504U&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

17. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

I know this is call hip (hippie) forum BUT hippies haven't existed for like 30 years or more. Any wanna be hippies are pretending. Now a day hippies are totally pretending like they heard their mommy and daddy stories .... they can't be repeated. I'm sorry I'm a member her on hip forums but hippies don't exist today ~~~ Wake Up ~~~~ you are too fuckin late!