Lack Of Snow On Roof Betrays Marijuana Farm

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Dude111, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

This happens a lot in the Netherlands. Although snow isn't that common it can give away a grow.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

How did they know it was pot? It is an educated guess :p They just go check it out.

There are many different kinds of illegal pot growers in the netherlands, some are not that smart or creative with their precautions. The police also flies over with heat detection equipment (probably just those thermal cameras?) for this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smWVKR_LYjs

4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

The point is they don't need thermal cameras if the snow has melted. It simply means too much heat in the attic.

In the Netherlands they can come and check on you anytime. I suppose a clean roof justifies a search warrant or whatever they call it there.

The Dutch used to leave all their window drapes open so people could see inside their houses at ground level.

You could walk around even Amsterdam and see into people's houses, watch them eating, watching TV, etc.

Everyone knew everyone else's business.

So their society is more open than others, although this is now changing.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

same thing happens here....no snow on the roof....usually due to ventilation systems blowing out the air into the attic

also huge icicles ....dead giveaway

they also meter out the whole grid and compare it to hydro bills.....missing numbers in the grid and they start checking one by one to see where its being by-passed

6. Asmodean

It's not really changing in my parts. It was always 50/50. I close my curtains now because the pavement is right on the other side of the window. People will look inside even if they don't wanna :p I can imagine this gets old for other people too that live on ground level in cities. True, people with front yards in between the window and where the people outside walk do this too but you can still do a lot of nice window peaking if you walk around town :D

7. Dude111

Marijuana really has amazing healing effects!!!!

I think its quite apparent why they are so against this stuff... BIG PHARMA KNOWS THE MEDICAL BENEFITS IT HAS and they want all the $$$$$$$$$ with thier garbage that doesnt CURE most of the time!!! (Just keeps racking in the $$$$$$ for them)

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Uhm, you probably have no idea how much marijuana is legally sold here everyday by the coffeeshops.

It is 'just' the growing that is illegal (which is retarded yes, but still, our society as a whole is not against marijuana). Another reason the police is looking for these grow rooms is that because it is illegal a certain amount is in the hands of criminal organisations, who don't hesitate to use violence on eachother, the police, or peaceful growers (to blackmail them for example or make them quit their business).
    Second reason police is out to get illegal grow rooms in neighboorhoods is because they often cause fire hazards because they stash their attic too full with lamps and do weird things with the electrics. I've witnessed it 2 times myself that neighbours that had nothing to do with it were risking their house and stuff because the grow room of the guy next door caused a fire in the attic.

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

seems pretty stupid to me for a PLANT to be illegal. it grows just like any plant, why should it be illegal to cultivate THIS particular plant.

there are plenty of plants that are downright poisonous and there are no laws against the cultivation of those.

10. Asmodean

Yeah well we can peacefully grow a plant or 3. It is when it takes commercial proportions that the legal system becomes really against it. If it is commercial or for your own use is usually determined if there is made use of a grow lamp. It is all quite silly of course, but I also agree if one is going to grow in the attic of a house which is built to the next one they should take real proper precautions and it is better to find a space where they surely don't bother their neighbours with possible fire risks because they wanna make easy money. This argument doesn't really apply to a marijuana farm in the countryside obviously ;)

11. Dude111

I wonder how many mistakes they have made! (Could be any # of reasons for no snow on roof)