Brian Williams Of Nbc News

Discussion in 'People' started by Piney, Feb 8, 2015.

1. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Never said I was a cop ass monkey. I originally put that as a picture to support the NYPD after the execution of 2 officers.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Mall cop? Country club security guard? :D

Man, that's weak.

[​IMG]

But seriously, he won't be back.

You're forgetting the New Orleans material. BW got suspended for a pattern of dishonest behavior, not just the Iraq incident. A less important employee would have been fired for a single incident.

A big part of it is ratings. The viewers have voted with their remote controls. Friday night, BW's last broadcast, he got beat by ABC for the first time in years. They came back for Lester Holt on Monday. How can NBC ignore that?

Okay, here's a new one:

There are two TV stars in the Williams household.
    One is an embarrassment to the family.
    The other one gets rim jobs on HBO.

But seriously, there's something about that family that I don't get. You know I have a strong exhibitionist side of my own, and if I was Allison Williams' age and somebody offered me big money to get naked, get eaten out, and (fake) take it up the ass on cable TV, I might seriously consider doing it. But... there's not enough alcohol in all of North Carolina to make me be cool with watching a screening of that footage with my dad, sitting beside him, with other people in the room. Even one of Allison's costars found that to be creepy, and those girls are really out there. All I can say is, just...wow.

1 person likes this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Hey love you Karen, and thanks for the plumber's crack. Today, it fits. Gotta sit on my hands to keep from waving at everyone!

5. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm just a guy who can think for himself and also tell when I'm dealing with people with less than average intelligence. And someone being misinformed does not make them dumb. Lot's of smart people have been wrong. The difference is that they are willing to assess new information and and use it to adjust their opinion on a subject. Many people on the fringes of both sides are living in their respective information vacuums and refuse to change their views on any political subject. The difference between the liberals and the conservatives is that the conservatives embrace their ignorance and show it off as if it's something to be proud of. They actually hold up people like Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin as shining examples of what you should aspire to.

6 people like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

This evening on MASH 4077# the reporter that likes to embellish..

When a visiting U.N. war correspondent sensationalizes the war instead of reporting it, Hawkeye is outraged. B.J. tries to repair a motorcycle donated to him by a wounded private.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638259/

coincidence?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Cruz and Palin...a former Governor and VP candidate and a member of Congress. So somehow inspiring to be in the positions they were in or are in is bad?

8. Asmodean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Asmodean

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Maybe BW's greatest sin was asking too few questions about weapons of mass destruction.

12. Asmodean

Not really, at least that's not solely upon him and therefor his greatest sin (imho). With hindsight it is easy to say those questions should have been asked stronger and more often, but I'm sure reporters did ask those questions. It's not like they would have gotten clear and honest answers anyway (not an excuse to not ask good questions of course!)

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I didn't say it was. I'm saying that this failure probably had much more impact on world history than whether or not BW was riding in a specific helicopter one day, or whether or not he saw a floating body in a specific location.

Not nearly enough. You weren't living here. You saw bits and pieces of the coverage on American TV.

The press has a moral responsibility to always be skeptical of the government.

14. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Back in the day when I still used to watch TV (10-15 years ago), I used to watch him, and wondered what it would be like to have him naked in my bed w/me. Yeah, I thought he was sexy as hell (back then), so I only heard the sound of his deep masculine voice, but never paid any attention to what the hell he was talking about.

Sort of like how many straight dudes react to pretty women. I looked but did not listen. So I am guilty as charged :)

1 person likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Agreed (naturally)! :) But there is little point for me to talk about BW greatest sin anyway (as I do know little about his complete life :p). Anyway, I think with hindsight it is always clear what should have been questioned more strongly. The whole (western) world ate the excuse to go to war as sweet cake. I guess we still had some trust in the sincerity of US international politics :p :(

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Not a proud moment for journalists from any of those countries. Many of them have expressed regrets.

I think the lessons have been learned. When ISIS is discussed, western governments are asked all the hard questions.

17. Asmodean

Lets hope so. I suspect this is a lesson that needs to be chronically remembered and learned again.

And with remember I don't mean misremember teehee ;)

[​IMG]

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Classic quote from a business trip to Atlanta, by a business associate, the second morning, in the hotel lobby:

"Oh hell, that's a local newspaper. I don't want that. I might find out what I did last night."
    :rofl:

19. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Please reread what I said. I did not say that one shouldn't aspire to be a congressman or a half-term governor. I was talking about intelligence (or lack thereof) and taking pride in ignorance. I was not talking about occupations, although either of them actually getting elected kind of illustrates my original point.

4 people like this.
  20. Asmodean

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.