Brian Williams Of Nbc News

Discussion in 'People' started by Piney, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'm not even over the loss of Steven Colbert yet. Two great nightly comedy / news shows to zero... that's a big loss.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Um, because these people are paid to spew propaganda. Why Williams was outed and none of the other chronic liars in media have been is beyond me.

3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Depends on what they do for a living. Journalists are supposed to take detailed notes on everything they do. Some jobs are just not a good fit for people who can't keep their facts straight.

The floating body sighting wasn't even a memory. There is footage of him reporting this from New Orleans while he was down there covering the story.

The only funny thing about this situation is that somebody online has already started a rumor about Brian Williams taking over the Daily Show from Jon Stewart!

I keep forgetting that the Daily Show was around before Jon Stewart was there, and it will surely continue without him, even though he will be greatly missed. Jason Jones would probably be able to handle it, or they could bring John Oliver back from HBO, where he only gets 30 minutes a week.

4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I used to watch Brian Williams and if I still bothered with regular news stations, I'd probably still watch him but I avoid tv news and listen to NPR instead. Not saying NPR is completely above the propaganda game but at least there is interesting shit to listen to. Great discussions with no yelling and no commercials.

1 person likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

shouldnt NBC suspend itself,, the poor bastard reads off the teleprompter ..

1 person likes this.
  6. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I would say if Brian Williams gets fired for lying then Fox News (yes...I have watched it before) should be required to have a "Satire Alert Notice" at the bottom of the screen at all times but....I don't think many of their viewers are smart enough to properly pronounce the word "satire", much less know the definition. I mean....we're talking about people (some of them) who still choose to call the president "Obammer" in normal conversation. I have to deal with these fucking people on a regular basis and they take pride in ignorance. Their stupidity is remarkable. It's like they take pride in their willful ignorance as some sign of disrespect or rebellion. No...it's not. It just makes you sound dumb. I don't even say that as a defender of the president. I say it as a defender of common sense and proper grammar and pronunciation.

Anyway...tangent.

7 people like this.
  7. Shale

Shale ~

I think they found a replacement

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The interesting thing here is that FOX NEWS went to court to fight for their right to tell lies, because they consider themselves to be an entertainment business, and thus not compelled to report the truth to the American people. And they prevailed in court! Now we have a matter on hand similar to the pot calling the kettle "Black..."

9. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Oh I see what you did Einstein you said "Faux" like it's really fake. Yeah keep using the same tired liberal playbook buddy.

And I am not a cop but you wrote it like there is something wrong with working for law enforcement?

10. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

See the problem is liberals like you have no clue what they speak of and just want to attack Fox News for anything. They have talk a lot of talk and opinion shows and the news is spun or reported the way they see it. Just as MSNBC and CNN and others do. If you watch the actual News segment and not the opinion/talk shows then you can see a difference.

11. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Stop lying, speak the truth and it will set you free.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. skip

skip Founder Administrator

LMAO, Asmo!

Well I'm not the only one to say Brian was a stoner.

They inferred it on CNN last nite.

I enjoyed their ruminations about Brian and Jon Stewart switching jobs.

They debated the difference between being a journalist and an entertainer.

The conclusion was Jon Stewart is the real journalist/satirist

3 people like this.
  14. skip

skip Founder Administrator

BTW, CNN said NONE of these supposed lies HAPPENED ON HIS SHOW!

These were things Brian said in other settings where he was being himself.

No teleprompter delivered his lines. Nor was he acting in his official capacity as a news anchor or rep for NBC.

So what's all the fuss?

Big difference with FAUX NEWS is they lie on LIVE TV everyday as part of their jobs.

And most of the lines are fed from producers at FAUX, not the presenters themselves.

So the liability for the lying lies with the executives at FOX.

Brian is responsible for his own private lies, not NBC.

Another thing revealed is that Brian is basically his own producer, so often his words on-air are his own, unedited.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha yeah, I'm cracking up here too :D They're all shared in good fun guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a righteous one :):

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't see how you can call him a liberal, since he never gives his opinion during his show. I've seen a few of his other appearances and there again, he never seems opinionated.

1 person likes this.
  17. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Brian Williams is now the first and only person ever punished for lying about the Iraqi War.

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

...which is why there is no reason for anyone to ever watch Fox, unless they are so trapped in a delusional bubble that they can no longer tolerate hearing anything that doesn't fit perfectly with their political agenda. Or you're doing research for a comedy show segment about ignorance. In the second case, the place is a gold mine.

Maybe it's a little bit mean to make jokes at his expense so soon, but it's hard to resist!

I wonder what his family's reaction is. It depends on how much they knew, and when they knew it. He may have no allies left but the family dog.

Absolute goddamn truth. :wall: :bigcry:

If Comcast is really serious about getting liberals off the payroll, the entire staff of MSNBC will have to go, except for Steve Schmidt.

19. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Please ask your mom to give you your medication. I know, you're not a cop, ...just a flunkie..., with a New York cop sticker...

20. ozjohn39

ozjohn39 Member

The suspension is a weak cop-out!

All is forgiven after 180 days? His audience will probably think so.