The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

http://youtu.be/acxXJz7gQnE

2 people like this.
  2. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Aww... you guys make me happy with your videos that make me happy.

You also inevitable ended up sending me on a YouTube journey that morphed from fun 80's to dubstep to metalstep to liquid chillstep.
    Then it was the commercial, which ended up with me watching more commercials (of course, I had to skip the damn commercials so I could watch the commercials!).

:kiss:

3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I had a few drinks today and found this..

http://youtu.be/xLd22ha_-VU

^I'm not sure if these are the correct lyrics to this song..

/Make me fries... lol

4. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I don't know if they're the correct lyrics either (ok, so I know they aren't), but damn if they shouldn't be the real lyrics!!
    "I don't know all the words... yet." :lol:

I like the shot of Hendrix at the end.
    Every time this song comes on the radio, I think it's a Hendrix tune for the first few bars... then I'm all like, "Oh yeah... it's Pearl Jam. Not Hendrix, but still a good tune."

(I've only drank/nursed some wine over the past couple hours, but I'm not 100% sober... so that kinda counts.)
    :D

1 person likes this.
  5. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Hey there scallywags, the fucks up?
    Been gettin kinda fuckered tonight, figured I'd stop by.

Part of that fuckering fuel is a couple bottles of beer.
    More specifically...

[​IMG]
    (It's kinda hard to read, but it's "Bloodline" by Flying Dog Brewery, a blood orange ale.)

(Alc 7.0%)

And here's a review I originally made on another forum:

Sniffing the tip: Woah... there be HOPS in that bitch!!! I may be able to detect a bit of the blood orange past the powerful hops, but not sure. It does seem to have some kind of darker spice in there or something. I'm predicting a sweet, somewhat tart, start followed by a bitter bite on the back end, with something playing about in the middle. Maybe some of that blood orange will do some flips or some shit. anyway, on to...

Taste: Ok, I was wrong about it being sweet on the front end. It's actually more bland, overall, than I would have expected from the smell. I'm not really getting much of a blood orange taste, but I may be getting hints at coming attractions... or rather, instead of jumping around and doing flips, it's slowly establishing its presence. The bitterness from the hops also builds a bit, namely on the sides of the tongue... but not too badly really.

Overall, an enjoyable beer, even if it's just a bit hoppy for my taste.

6. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I also wanted to drop this nugget of sweetness on y'alls laps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrpXSly9gHY

THAT fuckin shit, right the fuck there.
    Awesome at any time, but probably best when fucked up and chilled out.

I'd love a 10 strip, a pad of paper, a pack of mechanical pencils and a carton of smokes.
    Would go great together. :)

7. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Sup, fuckers?
    I'm throwing back more brews tonight and thought I'd share my review here again.

So, without further ado...

The beer:
    [​IMG]

(Alc 6.5%)

The nose: That smells like a nice, thick brew. I can definitely smell the chocolate, but I'm afeared it's going to taste wrong, like how chocolate scratch-n-sniff stickers smell wrong. I can also just suss out the smell of hops lingering in the background.

The mouth: Oh hey! Not bad at all! I can taste the chocolate flavor, but it's not off-taste and lumbering like some fool giant in the wrong forest. Oddly, there's a bit of a metallic feel/taste going on... which is mostly odd because I'm drinking it out of a bottle. I think it may be ofsetting and evening out the chocolate flavor.
    It has a nice mouthfeel. Thick enough to feel like a hearty brew, but not so thick you feel like you might need a fork and knife to get it down.

Overall, I would easily suggest trying this one out. I don't want to outright strongly recommend this one though. Partially because I've had more impressive beers, but also because this is beer #1 and I'm not sure how it'll stack on my tongue going forward.
    But it's good and you wouldn't be disappointed in this one.

8. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxU4CHTniNo

9. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I'm drinking that Chocolate Porter again.
    I don't really have anything to say right now.

But I did want to post another video of awesomeness.
    I mean... serious. fucking. awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAhiTUkkqQ

10. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

BATTLE TIME!
    WHO WINS?!?

[​IMG]

DISCUSS!

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

everyone who isn't a minion of either of them? mumm-ra is prettier and has a prettier name.
    (which means he'd probably loose, american animation being what it is.)

i remember skeletor, because i liked the cat and the floating bit thing. (though i considered the name of the show, the super ultimate in dorkiness)
    mumm-ra i can't quite place, though undoubtedly i must have seen whatever it was from.

12. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Skeletor is from He-Man and Mumm-Ra is from Thundercats.
    You could probably look up some video of them if you felt like it.

Or you could do anything else.

Especially if you go to Zombo.com

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remember thundercats, i liked them, the originial as well as the somewhat more recent resurection. i just, you know, when i watch those kinds of things, i watch them for the animation art, usually with the sound off, because the plots and stories are generally too retarded, like the way soap operas are. so i don't always learn, let alone keep track, of their star villans. thundercats, the resurected version, faced more diverse challanges then having an all the time same old same old predictable star villan. at any rate i knew i had seen, just not something i keep track of. its been well, more then a couple of years now since i had my own television. before that i lived for a couple of years in a place that had free cable, but even then i seldom watched it.

i do like to see creative student animation, that's one of the things i watch on youtube, but corporate entertainment, i consider a waste and robbery of space on the internet.

14. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Well, I'm used to watching that stuff on TV, but that's besides the point. :)

Not a big deal though.
    They weren't really the strongest plot lines and tended to be fairly similar from episode to episode... "Bad guys are doin stuff and might get away with it! Heroes find out, mess up, but then win the day! Bad guy(s) will 'get them next time!'"

I'd still be interested to see if anyone else here has a take on the "versus".
    Once it's finished, I'll post a related thing here.
    (I play on Drawception and currently have a game going based on this premise.)
    (When it's done, I'll post the results here.)

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

That book is what that turkish douchebag needs.

1 person likes this.
  16. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

17. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

Hey motherfucking, slacker crackwhores!
    I've been drinking again!

Check out my fuel of the night!

[​IMG]
    (Alc. 9.0%)

The scentuous part: Smells thick and heavy. I can smell the darkness, but also a nice head. Standard stout notes are there and seem to be a smooth blend across the board. I don't think I'm smelling any licorice notes, but they may just be blending.

The tastuous part: That is definitely a heavy, dark brew. Slightly bitter from front to back. It's got a smooth mouth-feel and never kicks back at you as much as you might expect. There's also barely anything going down in the back-end, with a quick rounded finish. Although, there is a bit of a "stout-feel" in the chest a few moments after swallowing a sip. I can't say I'm detecting a stand-out licorice taste though... which is slightly disappointing.

Overall, this is an enjoyable, creamy stout that tempts you to drink it faster than you should.
    If you like deep, dark, powerful stouts (that aren't over-powering)... this would be a great choice.

18. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

I'm on the last couple sips of beer #4.
    I woulda been here earlier, but I've been engaged in some shit in the comments on a political article.

But I'm swinging through the inter-forest now... ish...

[​IMG]

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that reminds me of me and the cats.

1 person likes this.
  20. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members