The Kick Box - On Hip!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Kick Frenzy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

lol.

That's your opinion. It's also your opinion that craft beer tastes bad. I'd rather get drunk drinking something that's actually enjoyable to drink.

1 person likes this.
  2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

lol You know how I am, dude. I go for the best price to potency ratio. The only beer I've ever had that I thought tasted good was Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat.

3. Pressed_Rat

If I had to choose between that and Steel Reserve, I'd go with the Steel Reserve... haha.

4. TopNotchStoner

hahaha I never thought I'd see you post those words. lol

5. Pressed_Rat

One of my favorites:

[​IMG]

6. TopNotchStoner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalEbvXVEFo

7. TopNotchStoner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqtobIpZt68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbe-h8Skv3Q

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I can slightly relate to Topnotch. I do prefer a quality beer above an average one that is more affordable.. but if i want something to taste like coffee i rather have a good cup of Joe. Same with stuff like a hint of licorice, strawberry or other kind of fruit, or chocolate. I mean I love all of that stuff (can do without licorice though) but why the hell would I want my beer to taste like that.

9. Asmodean

Got to say I seriously disagree with this. Besides that a tasty quality beer (or 2) is mighty refreshing... if i want to last a whole night when going out I drink mostly beer. Hard liquor is for getting drunk.

1 person likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont like to get drunk but i do like to get mildly buzzed while slowly sipping a beer. I just dont see a point in slowly sipping and savoring a disgusting watered down beer that tastes like pee lol, tasting good is definitely a requirement.

1 person likes this.
  11. Pressed_Rat

Because beer isn't supposed to be one dimensional. There are many, many different styles of beer which span a wide range of flavors. If all beer tasted like Heineken, it would get boring pretty quickly.

It's like asking why would I want my wine to taste like berries or honey? Because different wines have different flavor profiles. The same goes for beer. You make it sound like all beer is supposed to taste like fizzy, yellow swill.

Why would I want my beer to taste like rice and corn adjuncts? That is a question people should be asking themselves.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pressed_Rat

I also disagree that beer is for getting drunk. Maybe if you're an alcoholic. But I can assure you most people don't drink with the intention of getting drunk -- especially craft beer. Everyone likes the feeling that a moderate dose of alcohol provides, but I cannot think of too many people who like the feeling of being completely wasted, or the way it makes them feel the following day.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

All this talk is making me feel like getting a beer. We'll see...

1 person likes this.
  14. Asmodean

I appreciate a lot of different kind of beer. And for a one time try I can even appreciate a beer with all kind of ridicilous things added to it ;) but the ones with 'hints of chocolate' etc. are just not my thing. I'm a firm believer beer shouldn't have hints of chocolate. Licorice also of course! WTF :D

A hint of fruit can be bearable as long as the beer doesn't taste mainly like fruit. Fruity beers are very quick too fruity for me.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Tutti Frutti en rutti

16. TopNotchStoner

I say both are for getting drunk. I've never found any alcoholic beverage refreshing. Some are better than others, sure, but if I'm drinking, it's to get twisted, whether it be liquor or beer. If I just wanna be refreshed, I'll drink a Pepsi or something.

That being said, I don't even like getting drunk anymore.

17. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I do not drink beer but I had guests on the weekend who do. This was recommended to me at the beer store and my guests all really enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Strongbow cider. Tastes like fizzy apples. I'm buzzin'.

19. Pressed_Rat

Drinking some homebrew from my hometown. This is a pale ale brewed with strawberry puree. Really nice stuff!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Ah well, there's some truth in don't knock it until you tried it.

... but strawberry puree :D