Have You Lived In An Ecovillage? Please Share Your Experience

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

Im looking at alternative lifestyles and I came across ecovillages did any of you lived in a such place before, is it an rewarding experiance,what kind of people can you find at such places,can you stay there for the rest of your life,what kind of work do you need to do, do you need to pay to work there,how do such places even function are they completly independen from society?

Thanks in advantage.

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I fixed the title for you. :)

I've never been to an ecovillage, so I can't help you there.

That term is often used for eco-tourism, for destinations that are supposed to be more in-sync with the environment.

The term is used loosely as there is no standard definition that everyone uses.

Some communities are ecologically minded and grow organic food and try to limit the impact of their lives on the planet.

So for me, Eco-villages is just a marketing term for a project that investors have put money in to hoping for a return, not necessarily an alternative community, although who knows what they're calling communes these days...

3. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Idk but me and my family go off gridding sometimes. Honestly if you can find work go for it. That's the only thing stopping me from going into the mountains and never coming back