Yoga Class In San Francisco Combines Marijuana With Downward Dogs

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Ducati420, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ducati420

Ducati420 Members

[SIZE=16.0016002655029px]Yoga classes in San Francisco just went to a “higher level”.[/SIZE]

According to reports, Ganja Yoga is becoming the latest trend in a South of Market studio, where warrior ones and downward dogs are being combined with hits off a joint or vape pen.

Being the first of it’s kind to openly embrace “marijuana yoga classes” in the Bay Area, instructor Dee Dussault allows students “as much or as little” marijuana as they want throughout their practice, starting with her original pose, rightfully deemed as the Wake-N- Bake. During Wake-N-Bake students are led into a complimentary 15 minute candle-lit smoke session prior to yoga engagement, where students “enjoy trippy relaxation, pain-relief, sensuality, and the cultivation of inner peace.”

Even with the emerging acceptance of marijuana legalization, there is still skepticism in the yoga community regarding marijuana. Many yoga teachers still believe that there is little to no use for marijuana, and that yogis should not include marijuana in their practice.

Advocates such as Dussault on the other hand, claim that cannabis has a proven healing ability and can help her students reach higher levels of intuition and enlightenment, while engaging in the practice.

Regardless of the sentiment, Dussaut continues to draw marijuana advocates and yogis alike to her practice; some for the accepted hits in between warrior twos, and some for the actual practice.

As one student puts it, “this is the only way you’d get me to do yoga.”
    [SIZE=16.0016002655029px] Pot-Yoga.jpg [/SIZE]

Reference: http://www.marijuanapackaging.com/blog/yoga-class-in-san-francisco-combines-marijuana-with-downward-dogs/

1 person likes this.
  2. Strawberry Banana

Strawberry Banana Members

This is pretty awesome, I would definitely check it out if I was in the area. :) Doing yoga in a group while high already makes me feel extra relaxed, and it gives me this feeling like everyone in the room is connected on the same wavelength, but I'm the only one high in that case! It would be quite interesting to see what would become of the dynamic if everyone was riding that energy together.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

yeah, sounds nice

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I've never practiced any other way.

I think traditionalist proponents are mostly concerned for job security.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Still have to have a 215 card, so you have to be on the state list to do this.

My guess is in home yoga teachers have been doing this for a long time.