Psychedelics And Our Healing, Growth And Spirituality

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Seeker26, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Hi friends, I am very interested in exploring what roles psychedelics play in our healing, growth, development and spirituality. The psychedelics I am interested in belong to DMT, Mescaline, Psilocybin, MDMA and LSD families. This of course also includes Ayahuasca - Aya and LSD have helped me in more ways than I can describe. I made a YouTube video on this topic not too long ago where I share what my thoughts and experiences. I am adding a link of that video and inviting you to watch it. I am very interested in your thoughts, experiences, insights, concerns and advice. I hope we discuss this sensitive and timely topic here. Please leave your respectful and thought-provoking comments below. Including if psychedelics have helped you? Or hurt you? ALSO, PLEASE NOTE: I am not advocating irresponsible use of psychedelics. Instead, I'm supporting a genuine discussion and legitimate and scientific research into the therapeutic benefits of these. I have read a lot of literature on internet; what i am interested in is starting a discussion where we all share our own personal experiences to help understand psychedelics a lot better. Thank you smile emoticon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVPV6EjXhU

3 people like this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I have done MDMA a number of times, once and mushrooms once. I wouldnt say any of them helped me with anything that you mentioned. They also didnt hurt me. i didnt really go into any of my trips trying to get something specific out of them. My doses for LSD and mushrooms was pretty low though. I did have fun on all of them.

1 person likes this.
  3. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Thank you for sharing :)

4. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The first time I took mushrooms I stopped drinking alcohol and came to these forums. I was also really sensitive to music for the next few months.

1 person likes this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Quality video and good thoughts. An aspect I differ slightly from you is that I do think psychedelics can produce transformative experiences when used recreationally, as long as they are used responsibly.

While they may not necessarily have the same spiritual overtone, raves elicit the same space for self expression of dance, celebratory experience and communal spirit that's found in peyote dances. Communal spirit, novel audio exploration and connection with music is also prominent in psychedelic rock as well.

I've also heard other spheres reaping the benefits of psychedelics via recreational exploration such as: computer programming, snowboarding and surfing.

LSD and MDMA have been probably the 2 most influential psychedelics helping me find the music I enjoy playing as well as exploring a ton of different music I'm sure I would not have appreciated otherwise. In this sense, they have thoroughly enriched my life and appreciation of music.

For psychotherapeutic growth, LSD has helped me understand my mind and consciousness better, recognize constructs, previously unquestioned beliefs, helped me open up to novel ideas, appreciate various aspects of life that I often overlook on the day to day.

MDMA has allowed me to open up, decrease judgements and labels of others, explore emotional issues and have a tremendous sense of appreciation and gratitude for those I've shared the experience with as well as those who have made an impact in my life.

DMT and Salvia Divinorum have taken to fascinating realms of consciousness. They really have pushed my notions of what I think I understand about reality and the way the mind pieces it all together to give us an opportunity to function in the objective reality in which we find ourselves.

Psilocybin and Mescaline have helped me grow in similar ways as LSD and MDMA with perhaps a more direct appreciation for nature.

I think psychedelics are amazing in allowing one to explore novels aspects of their minds for therapeutic, spiritual, transformative, and celebratory experiences. I have had a few unpleasant trips but overall I am grateful to have explored these plants and chems.

2 people like this.
  6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Interesting video, tend to generally agree with you, except concerning your exaggerations concerning the health risks associated with the specific psychedelics you mention.
    MDMA is probably the only one potentially toxic in doses that the average person would come in contact with.
    Mescaline in natural forms would by nigh unto impossible to OD on, you would have to take something like mescaline hydrochloride and then probably over 1000-1200 milligrams.
    Same holds true for psilocybin, almost impossible to OD from shrooms, and synthetic or extracted is only for medical use or for those with tons of $$$ and contacts.
    LSD is ridiculously safe. A lethal dose for humans is figured to be in the range of 300+ milligrams or 3,000 standard 100ug hits.
    DMT in natural forms such as in Ayahuasca is also ridiculously safe. Smoking is also pretty safe as it is impossible to consume a near lethal dose smoking it, you'll drop the pipe long before you risk death.
    Not sure about a lethal dose via I.M., any thoughts GB?

1 person likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Mdma and Ayahuasca are the only ones of those which have been implicated with fatal overdoses within 'reasonable' doses . These are both rare occurrences however, often with extraneous variables neglected such as not regulating water intake with MDMA and negative interactions with the Maoi component of ayahuasca or adding stuff like nicotine to the brew in some concotions.

If overdose includes seizure-like activity that may require medical intervention, I'm sure they all have the potential to prompt this. There has been cases studies of seizures from LSD, and I believe it has been reported with DMT and Mushrooms as well. Again, these are rare occurrences.

1 person likes this.
  8. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Thank you so much for all your thoughts, comments and sharing experiences. I agree with you mostly - most psychedelics are no threat to our physical body per se, unless we mix and match them with hard drinks or other drugs. This was my main point. I have seen my own friends mix LSD with vodka and then cocaine. And i know from watching them that it was a bad decision. The point I was trying to establish is that psychedelics open us up psychically, and if we are in the wrong environment, they can damage our energy field without us even knowing. This has happened to me unfortunately, and many i know. I am doing a video on astral manipulation soon. Please check it out also, which lists the spiritual and emotional dangers of psychedelics in the wrong environment.
    I have posted this video on a few forums as i want to learn more about others personal experiences, while deepening my own understanding of psychedelics. I am receiving many good comments, but on separate sites. I will greatly appreciate if you could please ALSO post your comments under my YouTube video comment section, so that we can have one strong thread going, which we all can follow, comment on and learn from as well.
    I will write more soon as i have to get going now. I want to address all your comments properly, as you have taken the time to share your knowledge for all our benefit. Thank you again for your comments and insights :)

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I find it hard to asses the impact psychedelics have had on me. I first tried LSD 40 odd years ago, and frankly, I can't imagine what my life would have been without the experiences I've had from this and other agents. Maybe I'd have ended up like many people my age who never had such experiences. Narrow, boring, obsessed with the value of their house, maybe hooked into some religious cult or other.......unconscious in short.
    It's a bit like watching the others stuck in a traffic jam on a congested road, while I drive down an open parallel road (not getting my metaphors quite right, but you get my meaning).

I feel that these experiences definitely have an ongoing healing value. They can illuminate problems, and show stuff that is normally held in the unconscious. Certainly I've found they are good for re-assembling one's life after things like marital breakdown and other traumatic events.

When I consider the distance I have travelled over time, it makes me feel very grateful that I was fortunate enough to have had the experiences and all they led to.

I didn't try Mdma until I was in my late 40's. At that time I'd been having a hiatus from psychedelics for about 9 years. It helped me to feel good about myself in ways I had never really considered before. I have to say I didn't find it that useful as a 'social' drug in a wider context. I've had folks come up and hug me on MD on a saturday night, and by monday it's back to the same old shitiness.
    It's very good though for truly experiencing and strengthening bonds with those close to you. I think that in a structured, theraputic context it could be a kind of holy grail (as MAPS have found using it to treat PTSD)

I agree in general. I used to go to raves in the 90s and take a light dose of LSD. I had experiences that I just couldn't have had in any other context available.
    I learned a great deal about my own body I'd never know before. About it's limits, about how it can be a vehicle for the expression of something that seems like limitless grace (I don't mean to imply a religious context to grace here). A dimension of human experience I'd never really been exposed to previously. These experiences were key for me in certain changes I had to make in my life at that time. Like a kind of re-edit.

Provided 'recreational use' doesn't include acting irresponsibly or mixing psychedelics with things such as alcohol, and if you have good trusted people around you it can be very illuminating.

If I were to do a strong dose of anything, I would always choose to do it at home or some other safe place. Mainly because external stuff can be a massive distraction from what you can learn from these things. Especially for those with less experience.

1 person likes this.
  10. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Hi Friends, i have changed the link to my original YouTube video which started this discussion initially. I have also set-up a new YouTube account 3 days ago which discusses psychedelics such as Ayahuasca, and other topics related to health and fitness. The link to my this video is below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhtj_9RW2Sc

11. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Thank you for your comments and thoughts. I agree that whilst psychedelics pose no real threat to our physical body, unless they have adverse reactions with some other drugs or health issues (this risk can be minimised with responsible use), i was referring to the emotional and spiritual impacts of overuse. Psychedelics open up our mind and help us overcome our limiting beliefs and barriers. this is where our true potential and creative genius lie - in all fields - sports, sciences, mathematics, spirituality, philosophy, art, music etc etc etc. But by opening up our energy space, and if we do not have the right support to integrate our experiences, psychedelics can also make us de-personalised and leave us open to astral manipulation by entities.

12. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

I will really really appreciate if you guys can please also leave your comments under my YouTube video too. i want to continue this discussion on the Hip Forum too, but if you can copy/paste your thoughts under my video also? I uploaded this video 3 days ago on my new channel. I am having some amazing discussions on a few different forums, and i find myself going round in circles over same discussion points. if we were all having this talk under one strong thread, it would benefit us a lot.

I have noted a lot of your points and learnt more in the process myself. i am no mega-expert on psychedelics so want to continue learning from you as much as i can, while sharing with you what i already know. I am better at saying than writing, so i will address your points in my new video. And also discuss "Astral manipulation - how opening ourselves up energetically through psychedelics without the right support can impact our life-force." Thank you! :)

13. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Seeker26 - if you are interested in a scientific approach to all this, here is a video about the work of Doc. Robin Carhart-Harris, a British scientist who is doing some very interesting research. (many other interesting videos on youtube from MAPS.)

It's a positive development that in both the UK and the USA research is now starting up again into psychedelics after years of prohibition. I find it quite exciting, and look forward to the day when these chemicals will be integrated into the healthcare system, as I think they will be inevitably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNR4o5JZEi0

14. Seeker26

Seeker26 Members

Thank you for sharing! :)