Random Facts Not About You

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Joshua Tree, Jan 21, 2015.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

A cup with wings for handles is impossible to use as it is intended!

2. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

It rained today...

3. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

One of the great ironies of life - the most important decisions you make in your life, are when you are the least capable of making them.

1 person likes this.
  4. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think the guy in the money shop yesterday was brilliant, so helpful, and so funny..well done.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

Until you have a system, that can prevent the dominance of aggressiveness, you have neither freedom nor civilization. And we don't. Not in the u.s.

If someone else does, and its certainly not impossible, that someone might, or might have, somewhere at some time, in the past or in the future, but if they do, somewhere on this earth, I am not aware of their doing so, nor where that might be if they do.

Its probably not any of the dominant powerful places everybody has heard of, and imagines because they have, or because they were mentioned in school, that they know anything about.

Again that's not impossible either, but still I wouldn't have any way of knowing about.

Sure of course i'd love to live there, wherever that might be. But I have no way of knowing where that might be.

That there are people who still want to come to the u.s., would suggest they don't know of such a place either. That or well, I know people are gullible or we wouldn't be in the mess we're currently in.

Our world and the future of our species. And its only because of human aggressiveness and the human ego that it is.

I'm not saying its a bad thing to encourage the development of technologies. Rather that to my mind at least, that's not quite the same thing as what I would consider civilization.

Nor is it responsible to develop those which fail to be considerate of what the very existence of each other, and of all life, depends on.

But I do love those that are. Or that have the potential to be. That would be and could be if used that way.

Freedom is a good thing. Freedom and civilization both. But freedom doesn't exist without every kind of diversity that doesn't itself rob freedom or cause harm. And civilization, no matter how technologically advanced, simply does not exist, as long as it is possible, for aggressiveness to dominate.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

demonic is a pejorative invented by humans to make excuses for their own 'demonic' behavior.

1 person likes this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a warrior can defeat a tyrant, but cannot prevent another from taking his place.
    tyrant after tyrant, war after war, this is not sufficient.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we do not live in a universe that seeks vengeance. we live in one that simply works the way it does.
    which means that if we park our fat asses in its way, it will simply run over them.

humans on the other paw, are not nearly so honest,
    they have this little problem called ego,
    which motivates them to accuse the universe of being in error,
    when it stubbornly and with complete indifference,
    refuses to make of them, the entire and ultimate purpose of its existence.

9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a question for Spaceman Spiff...

What do you think of The Buick car Park Ave ultra from 2004... 99,000 miles

We just bought it for a second car.....to cart animals in....the Buick Park Ave from year 2OOO is on its last legs.

10. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Cacao is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Charcoal can be made at home.

12. Moonglow181

I learned something interesting recently.....Vincent Van Gogh's painting...Cafe at Night....was his version of the Last Supper.....Jesus is in white...."Van Gogh Hid Secret Homage to Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper In His Café Terrace at Night"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

get triple AAA coverage if you own that

the supercharger in the ultra makes it harder to fix the stupid plastic coolant elbows that will soon blow out and leave you stranded on the highway...having coolant pass through the belt tensioner through plastic 90 degree elbows is one of the stupidest gm designs ive ever seen...i actually keep spare elbows in my truck because ive done them twice already on my brother in laws car

also you better keep an eye on your coolant ...those cars are notorious for intake gasket blowouts..if youre lucky it blows out and leaks externally...if youre not lucky it blows internal and dump your coolant into the engine oil and blows up the engine

http://buickforums.com/forums/threads/35400-Coolant-Bypass-Tubes

they make metal ones now but i havent tried them yet as those are the new spares

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Moonglow181

Ok, thanks so much!
    You know your cars.
    That is for sure....

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i owned one of those park avenues once with the 3.8 supercharged

didnt drive it though it was just bought cheap and flipped quick for small profit..it was an older one probably a 94 or 95 model

16. Moonglow181

It is scary to think of some of the control and influence some people have over others. I have seen people change right in front of my eyes......and wondered who was behind that.....

Don't let anyone do that to you.

17. Moonglow181

scary shit

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the closest anything can ever come to being infallible, is a process, which never stops questioning itself.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the idea that we cannot have nor live in, a culture of universally mutual and impartial consideration, "because its contrary to our nature"; is bullshit.
    it isn't nature. its an excuse.

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Some, spoiled dogs, whine way too much.