Upcoming Festival Suggestions

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by SatireOnFire, Jan 16, 2015.

1. SatireOnFire

SatireOnFire Members

Hey everyone, I wad hoping some people would have done great suggestions on any upcoming festivals in the United States this year. Any genre, it doesn't matter. Just looking for some good music!

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'd love to hear of some too,

I haven't looked at the lineups, but coachella always sounding cool

3. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i started a new topic for Winter Music Conference in Miami. if you've never been, its very different from any other festival in the US that i have been to (ive been to the most popular ones).

so basically the winter music conference is not really a festival, its literally a conference of all the labels and companies and big names in EDM. all the companies come down to miami, and every day/night in march there are parties happening throughout the city. usually the schedule is something like:

first 2 weeks of march is full of parties, mainly in clubs and on the beach.

the third week of march is dominated by the best pool parties and hotel parties. usually by this time the clubs in south beach and the clubs on the beach like Nikki Beach have the best parties.

and it all comes to a climax the final week of march during Ultra Music festival in downtown miami. there are a few other competing festivals but are usually held in the down town area. these are the very best days to be in miami and its pretty crazy.

so when you go to some music festivals, there is usually a stage area and the festival happens all around it. during WMC the whole city is in festival mode and every club basically becomes a stage, and there are a lot of clubs. so in an average day you can wake up, and if your hotel is not hosting a pool party, you can walk to the nearest beach party, and at night you can get dressed up and hit up some clubs. as you can see it gets hard to fit in any kind of sleep.

different areas in miami also offer completely different vibes too, like south beach is going to be full of the older-richer beautiful crowd. if you want to meet a model or something, this is the best spot. the downtown miami area is where the miami locals hang out, theres good clubs and bars, but still pretty expensive. the midtown area is the art-district where you can find crazy art studios and street art.

you can also travel the whole city by train, and there are free trollies during the festival so getting anywhere is pretty easy, but all transportation is going to be extra crowded with party-goers.

i want to tell you guys about my past experiences but it just feels too much like bragging. all im going to say is that you will never ever go to a festival with as many hot girls. and if you do get lucky, you wont be having sex in a tent under the sun like in most festivals, it will probably be in a nice hotel, with a jacuzzi!! last year i fucked a girl while watching kaskade and it was pretty wild. i would probably say the over-all theme in miami for wmc is sexy bitches, and no sleep.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm in California there is Cochella in Spring in Southern California and Outside Lands in Fall which is in Northern California. Cochella might already be sold out.

There also is another festival in Northern California they launched a few years ago in "Wine Country" called Bottlerock but I don't know much other than that.

Those are general music festivals, then there are some Gatherings which feature a wide range of music, art, speakings, etc. Such as Symbiosis and Lightning in a Bottle in Northern and Southern California respectively.

EDC is in Las Vegas which is a big EDM festival, I went to it when they had it in California, I bet it's wild in Las Vegas. There are usually EDM massives later in the year as well in California.

I feel like a tour guide.

5. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

how is edc las vegas? have you ever been?

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No, I haven't been. I'm more into Underground type parties for the most part these days. They usually have quality dj's performing at EDC but due to the travel, price and all that, I'd probably need to be coaxed by someone else to go.

If I make it a point to save up for one large event, it will likely be Burning Man.

7. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Oh man, I used to know a bunch. Summer Camp in Ohio is something I've always wanted to check out. Keller Williams is usually headlining that one. There's something coming up in May called Cosmic Reunion in Astral Valley, MO? Their website is www.cosmicreunion.com if you want to check it out or are in the area. One kickass Grateful Dead tribute band and Tongue-n-Groove will be there.There was something else in southern Missouri last year, can't remember the name tho... Not sure if Wakarusa's still around. I want to say that's near Kansas City MO.

8. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

If you're into Mumford and Sons, check out their "Gentlemen of the Road" schedule. Pretty good lineup to kick it off in Seaside Heights, NJ (overnight beach camping - woohoo!) with the Flaming Lips and Alabama Shakes (love me some Brittany Howard :artist:).

9. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I'm going to Bonnaroo in June. It's the best festival around and it's has the most people around 80k or more. It scores some of the biggest names. Billy Joel, Mumford, DeadMau5, Kendrick Lamar are headliners.

Also going to Sweetwater 420 Fest in ATL in April. Snoop Dogg, Gov't Mule, 311, Cage The Elephant, Slightly Stoopid and a lot of other great names will be there. IDK how the cannabis situation is there but the beer is fantastic!

Those are the two I know of and am going to this year. I hear Electric Forest is amazing for EDM. Governor's Ball if you are in the NY area. HangOut Fest in Louisianan. There is a few great fests in Miami but I don't remember their names. Someone has already covered the ones out in Cali. If you are in the Colorado Area there are a few, check out Red Rocks and see if they are having a fest, they usually have some unbelievable light shows there.

Happy Festing!

10. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Coachella and Bonnaroo are too big for the likes of me. I like music, but that's way too many bands. More than 3 stages and I'm good. I don't like having to plan things out, where to go in order to see who I plan on seeing. It's a vacation for me. I like to relax lol. 2 or 3 stages and a vending strip or two and a river to sit by is all I need... Light shows are cool too.

I listed a whole mess of festivals in the central midwest area. Not directly central, they branch out a bit, but mainly in the midwest area. Check it out :)

11. Ameli

Ameli Members

I head Bonnaroo is something unbelievable! Maybe will visit it next year...

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems a good idea and worth making a suggestion for a 'port of call' - that'll be me then :D