This Is Sad

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Tyrsonswood, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hope this isn't against forum rules, I just think this is a very sad story and it hits close to home. (A few years ago I lost everything due to a house fire, a few years before that a flood took out my basement shop, and back in the day when my hands worked properly I built guitars much like this guy)

I don't know this guy but this story just crossed my desk... A very dedicated luthier and craftsman lost his shop and everything in it to a fire. His insurance isn't going to cover anything but the walls and roof, contents weren't covered specifically so none of that will be replaced. I know how this goes, my handbuilt guitars that I lost in my fire were not adequately insured so I never received proper compensation for them, nor the gear in my studio. Starting from scratch is very difficult and in my case those guitars I lost can never be replaced. This man, Shad Peters is young and at the top of his game, but still starting all over again is a daunting task... I know what he's going through.

There is a link to a "GoFundMe" page in this story, I would help if I could but I'm poor... If anyone else can help that's up to you and I'm not trying to solicit funds for a guy I don't know. I just thought maybe someone else can help a guy and his family if they knew he was out there...

http://www.petersinstruments.com/

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I'll spread the word!

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That is very kind of you, Ty, to sympathicize and make this thread. I am so sorry for all you went through, too....:(

4. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

Man... that's really, really rough. Good vibes his way, I'll get the word out to those I can