What Are Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by groovecookie, Jan 9, 2015.

1. groovecookie

groovecookie Member

So the commonly accepted theory about ghost seems to be that they are all disembodied spirits who have unresolved issues. Are there other theories/explanations?

1 person likes this.
  2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ghosts are SPIRITS which we all are!!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Spirits could indicate many amounts of energy not just "ghosts". Spiritual wights and the wudugust aren't exactly know to be people ghosts. People claim to see animal ghosts too or ghosts of an unexplained nature.

4. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

It is weird that I respond to this topic because I am an Atheist. But as a young man I did see: A sugar bowl full of sugar move rapidly about the top of a table. At this time I was living with a young woman who kept insisting she saw some OTHER woman in the full length mirror in our bedroom at some times. I figured she was a little screwy or something. This would even happen when we were in bed together. I always laughed it off. But this one morning before I left for work: That sugar bowl was moving rapidly in different directions a foot and more in crazy patterns. It is the one and only time I ever saw anything like it. To this day I have no explanation for it. ...Oscar

PS: Also, I was absolutely sober and had NEVER even smoked weed or other drugs. I was eating corn flakes and getting ready to go to work. We both saw this happen. She kept saying: See, I told you so !

2 people like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We had poltergeist activity in one place we stayed. I watched a statue duck seem to just fall off a cabinet on it's own as I watched. I heard my name being called, I heard footsteps. Our TV in the lounge room would turn itself on at random hours of the morning on static untuned black and white with volume set at 100.

My sisters and I always told the parents the house was haunted but they never believed us. One day mum made mention that a section if unused land on the other side of the road is not zoned for residential use because it has a habit of flooding and turn to swamp. Apparently a long time ago a little boy had died there no more than 50meters from the house we stayed at.

Young children are often regarded when dealing with specific poltergeist activity. They don't particularly want to scare or harm you in any way, they are just young children still, perhaps trapped forever getting up to mischief in their own dimension. When factoring in what I had seen heard and observed it was easy to label off as a poltergeist. Statue moves, footsteps, electrical surges and voices aren't really aggressive are harmful acts. They remind me of childish mischief. The poltergeist. =]

3 people like this.
  6. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

Well, this event seems to indicate at least some sort of afterlife, perhaps only temporary. But it still bothers me. I always figured once you die that is it. I also came very close to dying from a gunshot wound [ I was put in the morgue of a hospital ship because of so many casualties arriving at the time ]. I was very frightened at that time. Eventually they had time to work on me and I did live through it all.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There is a ghost living in my place...

8. oscar2u

oscar2u Banned

This stuff really does bother me. I would like to think: Once you are dead your misery comes to an end. That is what I want. I do NOT want some strange afterlife. Crap, one lifetime of misery seems all any creature should have to suffer. Screw all these gods. Are they never satisified with how much all creatures suffer ?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Don't look at it as being doomed though. Personally if love to be a spiritual creature when I pass and learn the ways of the world and universe. Or someone can bring me to a hall up high where I'll spend my afterlife drinking mead. I think you need some positive construction on the afterlife. =]

10. Tyrsonswood

Dig....

[​IMG]

Check the attachment below to see where to look... It's not a trick and it's not a reflection. It's the ghost looking out through the window.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I see. =]

This is your house Tyr?
    I'd very much like to visit. =]

12. Tyrsonswood

Yeah... My place. When you gonna get here, I'l bake a cake.[​IMG]

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Looks very peaceful. =]

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is that ghost friendly, Ty? :D

I think they are beings in the bends and folds of space....these manifestations of ghosts.....

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

some of them seem very threatening, though.....

16. Tyrsonswood

I've named this place serenity...

The original family had a little girl that died of leukemia when she was 6... Then years later they moved away. Little girl never understood why they would leave without her. She's just scared.

1 person likes this.
  17. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

My brother-in-law Richard was murdered and my (then) wife kept his box of ashes in the closet until she could get him back to Idaho and do with him what she felt he wanted.
    Meantime he made his presence known to us in various ways.

He loved his sister, and he liked me, so everything was cool. But one night my cousin stayed over and I guess Richard didn't like him because he scared the crap out of my cousin that night.

Then there was the time our baby boy had some visitations during the night at a mobile home we were renting. He'd wake us up during the night sometimes giggling and talking baby talk.
    One night I thought I saw a shadow cross the hall to his room. Not long after that I heard him laughing. I went into his room and he was reaching up from his crib to the corner of the room as if he wanted to be picked up by whoever it was.

Later I asked the Manager of the mobile home park if anyone had died in our trailer before. I guess I had a hunch. She said yes, an old woman had died in there before.

If that was her ghost, my son really liked her.

There is a website you can go to to find out if anyone died at the address you want to move to, but I can't think of the name of it.

Some people claim that there are no such things as ghosts (of people) hanging around this world, only entities from another dimension or maybe demons playing tricks on you, but I don't know.
    If that's the case then they can get into your head and make you think you see a passed away person that you knew.

I've never seen a ghost, but I knew something was there more than once.

My cousin described what he saw, and it matched what my brother-in-law looked like in life, even though he had never seen a photo of him, heard a description of him, or even knew about
    his box of ashes in the closet.

And about those 'entities' from another dimension. Some say that they will try to scare you because they feed off of fear. Fear is like food for them and it will drain your energy.

Either way, don't be afraid.

Unless you get a sugar bowl launched at your head. Then I think it would be time to call a Priest, or a Shaman, etc.

2 people like this.
  18. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

A human ghost is a spirit that has not gone deep enough into the death process to prevent it from projecting itself into the physical realm again. Just as magicians and astral travelers claim that they can project themselves into the astral or inner realms...so can beings on the other side project themselves into our realm. Though they are actually sitting beside the river of death when they do this and they are in various states of confusion and awareness of what is going on.

Some will stay behind to assist family members, some are ust scared of judgement due to the hellfire and brimstone programming that they received in life and refuse to move further into death. Some just don't want to leave their old lives behind.

Human hauntings can be bad but they often are not and mind their business. Most of the time a haunting that has nasty energy involved is a parasitic being and not human or demonic at all.

1 person likes this.
  19. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

For me - Ghosts are Spiritual Guardians witch one has to listen attentively to hear, and look with careful eye to see them = :)

20. groovecookie

groovecookie Member

I once saw a bird perch which had been hanging from a hook in the cieiling suddenly jump completely off the hook. It couldn't swing off, it had to have been lifted off. Any earth tremor or heavy vibration strong enough to bounce it off would have been audible.

I also recently happened to get a strange little will-o-the wisp phenomena on video which I didn't see when i was filming it, but it got me to thinking.. maybe these little photography faries as well as a lot of the poltergeist phenomena are all some kind of still unknown energy phenomenon that sometimes has the ability to interact with matter.

Another theory for all you ufo buffs is that there there are aliens walking around in advanced invisibility suits which still sometimes show a little bit.

Of course it wouldn't necessarily have to be aliens. I just like to try to think outside the box a little. Why always assume its some dead person?